1.02 aftershock in 1QB with quick drafts after that Gibbs pick

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 1.02 aftershock in 1QB with quick drafts after that Gibbs pick

Postby Lumps » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:00 pm

End of the Fantasy Footballers show, they tossed this stat out.

Gibbs is tied for the 3rd highest PPT for a rookie RB, ever. Ensue the PPT discussions…. 🤣

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:16 pm

Lumps wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:00 pm End of the Fantasy Footballers show, they tossed this stat out.

Gibbs is tied for the 3rd highest PPT for a rookie RB, ever. Ensue the PPT discussions…. 🤣
Damn. Those that got him instead of Bijan must be thrilled. I have NO shares LOL.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:02 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:16 pm
Lumps wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:00 pm End of the Fantasy Footballers show, they tossed this stat out.

Damn. Those that got him instead of Bijan must be thrilled. I have NO shares LOL.
I have both. Would still rather have Bijan, in a vacuum, but Gibbs simply had a better situation. Had the roles been reversed, Bijan in Detroit, and Gibbs with Arthur Smith and Ridder/Heinecke, I think we know what would have happened.

Interested to see what ATL does at QB, and OC. Bijan should become close to a full bell cow this season. I don't think Gibbs will ever be.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:02 pm I have both. Would still rather have Bijan, in a vacuum, but Gibbs simply had a better situation. Had the roles been reversed, Bijan in Detroit, and Gibbs with Arthur Smith and Ridder/Heinecke, I think we know what would have happened.

Interested to see what ATL does at QB, and OC. Bijan should become close to a full bell cow this season. I don't think Gibbs will ever be.
A fun theoretical, but interesting to note that the bolded was never going to happen if DET had a choice in the matter.

Per the War Room video the Lions posted, they never had Bijan over Gibbs, and were going to be taking him at 6 before they traded down to 12 and proceeded to sweat it out nervously.

So, whilst many here have a preference for Bijan in fantasy terms - it should be noted that the Lions, an actual NFL team with a scouting department, always thought Gibbs was the better back. (At the least: for their team)

I'm excited to see what happens in Year 2 for him - especially with today's Rapoport-report that Ben Johnson is not at all a lock to get the HC gig in WAS.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:44 pm

Gibbs may fit their plan better, especially with Monty. Good one-two punch.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:02 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:44 pm Gibbs may fit their plan better, especially with Monty. Good one-two punch.
Or... and stick with me here...

He might just be the better, more explosive Running Back. :whistle:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:15 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:02 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:44 pm Gibbs may fit their plan better, especially with Monty. Good one-two punch.
Or... and stick with me here...

He might just be the better, more explosive Running Back. :whistle:
Overall, sure, maybe. I thought they were more of a thunder/lightning pairing.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:27 pm

Gibbs had the one big run, and beyond that, didn't do much vs SF. He may now be their Ernest Byner equivalent. Pity. He's a talented back, and I am hoping Johnson stays, selfishly, of course. For Laporta, too.

Bijan is the better talent IMO, but Gibbs is a different type of talent. Bijan has the ability to be a guy who is a true bell cow, IF the Falcons want to use him that way. There are things Gibbs can do better than Bijan, but Bijan is the better and more complete back, in terms of real football.

In today's NFL, you can pair guys up with another back, like the Lions do, and the others off set each other's short comings. Bijan was and is easily the more complete back between he and Gibbs, but Gibbs is in a situation currently, that is much more desirable.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:09 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:27 pm Gibbs had the one big run, and beyond that, didn't do much vs SF.
Which big run of Gibbs was your favourite this year? For me it was all of them.

It's kind of what he does.

(note: Achane leads this but didn't qualify for >60 carries)

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:07 am

mild wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:09 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:27 pm Gibbs had the one big run, and beyond that, didn't do much vs SF.
Which big run of Gibbs was your favourite this year? For me it was all of them.

It's kind of what he does.

(note: Achane leads this but didn't qualify for >60 carries)
This doesn’t say much when comparing Bijan to Gibbs imo. If Bijan is asked to do more between the tackles then I’d expect him to have a lower % of explosive plays when compared to a guy that’s getting drawn up in open space. And with bijans predictable use when in the game, he is still was up there in limited negative plays compared to Gibbs.

SF game was the first time I really noticed Gibbs size limiting him. There were a handful of plays when the LB had him and Gibbs tried to stiff arm, but he looked like a child trying to fight it off.

Two things can be true though. Gibbs can be special and the right fit for Detroit while Bijan is the more complete football player . Bijan is just a nice dude. Perhaps that didn’t fit the DNA of Detroit and they wanted the “hard” guy that was 90% of the on field talent, or can do the parts Detroit needs equally well. Idk if you’ve noticed; but Dan Campbell is a bit unconventional in his choices.

Gibbs game on Sunday is what Detroit envisions for him though. Monty isn’t going anywhere and he really shouldn’t for Gibb’s sake. Anyway, those are my thoughts.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:52 am

It's a great one-two punch. I was out on Monty, but wish I had this pair, especially in my start four minimum RB league.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:18 pm

Gibbs is better threat to take it to the house but isn’t anywhere near the overall RBs like CMC or Kamara. Not as a route runner , not as a pure catcher of the ball & definitely not in tight quarters between the tackles. If it’s muddied up he’s not getting you anything. Stats will be skewed because if they block it perfectly and get him clean through the inside hole he will pop for explosive plays but he’s well below avg as an interior runner. Saban even realized that and quit using him in that role at Alabama . His avg may be good on runs up the middle but it’s because he has 2-3 20 yd carries along with 5 zero or for loss ones. Ends up being 45 yds on 8 carries but he helps you on 2 series and puts you behind on 3 series of downs. Needs to get better at getting positive yds if he wants to stay on the field in clock killing mode. Not that he has to when Montgomery is so sufficient in that role.

Great situation for the Lions but I’m not expecting Gibbs to become the clear 1a back to Montgomery that a lot seem to think is the next step in the evolution of Gibbs game. It’s going to be game dependent. Tampa was better on interior run defense w/ Vea healthy so it wasn’t a heavy game plan to run Monty up the gut San Fran has better edge players & LBs that run to the flow so it was a bit tougher for outside run plays. Gibbs big play was essentially a delayed draw on 3rd & long that caught them off guard. Montgomery had the better game.

Bijan can do it all … Breece can do it all … they’re just not as quick when hitting the jets like Jahmyr. He’s elite quick twitch talent. Don’t think any team of the 3 young guys would give up their guy for the other’s. They all fit what the team wanted in a RB. Lions brass was ecstatic to get him @12 while the majority of the gurus graded it poorly as an overreach. Guess Holmes & Campbell now what they’re doing for the Lions needs. Signing Montgomery FIRST that allowed them to go for home run complimentary back. Pairing Gibbs / Jamo into the future creates space for the Sun God & Laporta (another pick hat was questioned) to do their thing easier.

The Lions are a beast on offense but it might be hard for all of them to get much better statistically other than Jamo or maybe Goff gets a bump next year. What they did down the stretch & into the playoffs is probably what you can expect from them next year too.. (barring major injuries)