Black Monday 2024 & Offseason Coaching Changes

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hankmurphy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Black Monday 2024 & Offseason Coaching Changes

Postby hankmurphy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:37 pm

I’m 100% invested in Bijan and Pitts, and I would love to see BB in ATL.

BB always utilized receiving backs very well, and that is Bijan in this offense. Imagine getting this guy into space a few times per game…

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:56 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:40 pm What odd takes. If there's one thing BB has proven is that he can make Rb's and TE's very productive.
Agreed. He's been terrible at drafting the WR position, but when he got Randy Moss, it's not like they just asked him to block and run clearing routes, either.

You watch, they'll draft Bowers, then people will freak out, and then both he a Pitts will be top 8 TE's. :lol:

But seriously, I would think he gets McDaniels, and as much as I think Josh is a terrible HC, he's a very good OC.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:02 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:40 pm What odd takes. If there's one thing BB has proven is that he can make Rb's and TE's very productive.
I wouldn’t be that enthusiastic.

I think we can all agree that Bijan was drafted to be a top 5 RB.

Well…hate to break to you guys but…

BB produced a total of ZERO top 5 RBs (in half pt ppr), over the course of his 24 yrs in New England.

He did produce 4 top ten finishes: White in 2018 (8th), Blount in 2016 (8th), Dillon in 2004 (7th), and Smith in 2001 (9th).

The counter argument is BB has never had a Bijan to work with, which is true.

But the fact that he didn’t produce one RB better than 7th in a single season over 24 yrs is fair enough reason to be sceptical of his RB production in Atlanta

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:14 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:02 pm

BB produced a total of ZERO top 5 RBs (in half pt ppr), over the course of his 24 yrs in New England.

He did produce 4 top ten finishes: White in 2018 (8th), Blount in 2016 (8th), Dillon in 2004 (7th), and Smith in 2001 (9th).

But the fact that he didn’t produce one RB better than 7th in a single season over 24 yrs is fair enough reason to be sceptical of his RB production in Atlanta
If McDaniels is there, just look at Jacobs 2022 season. The Patriots implemented more of a RBBC because they chose to draft role players with lower amounts of draft capital, at the position, for the most part. They never had a talent like Bijan, because that's not how they drafted. If it's inherited, completely differrent. McDaniels inherited Jacobs and Jacobs had a monster year, by far the best of his career.

Doubtful BB hires an OC that doesn't know what he has in Bijan. Honestly, McDaniels is a massive upgrade over Smith, and is the likely choice for BB, but even if he isn't, it's hard to imagine a more inept usage that Arthur's. I think we saw Bijan's floor this past season.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:55 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:14 pm
Johnny Canuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:02 pm

If McDaniels is there, just look at Jacobs 2022 season. The Patriots implemented more of a RBBC because they chose to draft role players with lower amounts of draft capital, at the position, for the most part. They never had a talent like Bijan, because that's not how they drafted. If it's inherited, completely differrent. McDaniels inherited Jacobs and Jacobs had a monster year, by far the best of his career.

Doubtful BB hires an OC that doesn't know what he has in Bijan. Honestly, McDaniels is a massive upgrade over Smith, and is the likely choice for BB, but even if he isn't, it's hard to imagine a more inept usage that Arthur's. I think we saw Bijan's floor this past season.
I want to believe that, I have shares of Bijan as well, but I’m sceptical is all.

It’s not like McDaniels wasn’t there with BB for most of the time at New England NOT churning out top 7 RB production, because he was.

I guess for me, the one year of evidence with JMcD in Vegas just doesn’t outweigh the other 24 yrs with BB in New England (and JMcD as OC for the majority of those).

So then, I suppose all us pro-Bijan members are essentially just banking on the fact that Bijan is the best RB that BB has ever had, and that will cause the tiger to change his schematic stripes.

Thanks, talking out this theoretical scenario has helped me understand what I think I will do if/when BB is named HC of Atlanta.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:32 am

hankmurphy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:37 pm I’m 100% invested in Bijan and Pitts, and I would love to see BB in ATL.

BB always utilized receiving backs very well, and that is Bijan in this offense. Imagine getting this guy into space a few times per game…
I have 1 Bijan share, 2 Pitts shares, and 4 London shares, and I do not want Belichick anywhere near ATL.
BB is a defensive guru, which is one of the reasons that the Patriots have had so much success.
Tom Brady was basically the OC, and Belichick handled the defense.

For a long time most managers would steer clear of Patriots RB's in the Belichick era, as his RBBC would frustrate most managers.
BB in the Patriots post Brady era, he has had 1 RB1 season, and 0 WR1 seasons.

I would prefer to see an offensive mind in ATL for fantasy purposes.
No question BB is the better coach in real life, I just don't think he is a good fit in ATL for fantasy players.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:46 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:32 am
hankmurphy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:37 pm I’m 100% invested in Bijan and Pitts, and I would love to see BB in ATL.

I have 1 Bijan share, 2 Pitts shares, and 4 London shares, and I do not want Belichick anywhere near ATL.
BB is a defensive guru, which is one of the reasons that the Patriots have had so much success.

For a long time most managers would steer clear of Patriots RB's in the Belichick era, as his RBBC would frustrate most managers.

No question BB is the better coach in real life, I just don't think he is a good fit in ATL for fantasy players.
BB is 100% invested in wins so if he ends up in ATL he will have to fix the QB situation in short order. I get his track record but he has little left to prove so I would think he would find a way to optimize the Offense and bolster an already decent defense. Whether this translates to FF production it’s going TBD.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:51 am

TheTroll wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:46 am

BB is 100% invested in wins so if he ends up in ATL he will have to fix the QB situation in short order. I get his track record but he has little left to prove so I would think he would find a way to optimize the Offense and bolster an already decent defense. Whether this translates to FF production it’s going TBD.
Belicheck post Brady era did not draft well on offense, plain and simple. Hard to believe he'll be GM in ATL, and he's inheriting top end talent on offense.

I think if McDaniels is his hire, it's an immediate upgrade to all FF players. BB doesn't run the offense, and didn't draft the offense in ATL. The talent level at the skill positions is incomparable to any he had in NE since Brady left.

When the Pats did have good players and/or Brady. They ran the score up on teams every chance they got. If Belicheck has an offense that's capable of 30 points a game, he's not going to try and limit them.

I'd prefer Johnson at HC, as most would, but I'd prefer BB with McDaniels to some first time OC promoted to a HC position other than him.

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:22 am

Expecting a bottom 10 offence both passing and rushing to deliver a WR1 or RB1 is a big ask.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:18 pm

LV signs Antonio Pierce as permanent head coach.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:38 pm

Anteaters wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:18 pm LV signs Antonio Pierce as permanent head coach.
Great!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:28 am

Falcons are meeting with Jim Harbaugh again next week. Vrabel is also having an interview next week, apparently. Seems they won't be making any hasty decisions.

Wouldn't it be the ultimate kick in the nuts for FF fans. Vrabel gets hired by the Falcons, and brings Arthur Smith in to be his OC.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:10 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:28 am Falcons are meeting with Jim Harbaugh again next week. Vrabel is also having an interview next week, apparently. Seems they won't be making any hasty decisions.

Wouldn't it be the ultimate kick in the nuts for FF fans. Vrabel gets hired by the Falcons, and brings Arthur Smith in to be his OC.
Would be pretty funny, but won't happen. Can't remember the last time a HC who just got fired returned to work in a lesser role for the same team the following season.

I am wondering if a Josh McDaniels offense might be low-key pretty good for our Pitts/Drake/Bijan shares... especially if these Kirk Cousins rumbling on twitter have any juice to them.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:41 am

mild wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:10 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:28 am Falcons are meeting with Jim Harbaugh again next week. Vrabel is also having an interview next week, apparently. Seems they won't be making any hasty decisions.

Would be pretty funny, but won't happen. Can't remember the last time a HC who just got fired returned to work in a lesser role for the same team the following season.

I am wondering if a Josh McDaniels offense might be low-key pretty good for our Pitts/Drake/Bijan shares... especially if these Kirk Cousins rumbling on twitter have any juice to them.
I think the Cousins part of the equation matters much more than the CrapDaniels part of the equation.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:46 am

If the Falcons bring in a veteran starter like Russ or Cousins, then I think it's less problematic to hire Belichick.

But, if they have plans on drafting and developing a QB with first round capital, they should look at Ben Johnson, Dave Canales, and Bobby Slowik.

Atlanta has been kicking the can on drafting a 1st round QB for a while now. I don't think they can afford to keep doing it.