Black Monday 2024 & Offseason Coaching Changes

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
81-
Captain
Captain

Re: Black Monday 2024 & Offseason Coaching Changes

Postby 81- » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:15 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:55 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:49 am Pittsburgh should easily keep Tomlin. Feels like 2 years ago when people were clamoring for Harbaughs job.

Now they will be stuck in mediocrity until they find a QB, which is never if they keep going 9-8 and losing 1st round
That’s why you fire Tomlin and hire Matt Nagy as your new HC on a one year contract. BAM! You’re drafting at 1.01 and in prime position to draft a QB.
:lol:
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:55 am

McCarthy survives and will be back for another season. I am truly shocked.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:16 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:55 am McCarthy survives and will be back for another season. I am truly shocked.
im not its JJ, i have mixed emotions about this, McCarthy did good as offensive play calling for the most part but his time management/discipline sucks(lead league is penalties I think). I support that coach, but would have liked to have seen the house cleaned out and start from scratch. I think Dallas superbowl chance has closed maybe one more year lots of big decision on players coming up cannot pay them all. He had the support of the players and JJ is a sucker for his QBs. Dak is ok we know he is at best a decent qb who folds under pressure in big games so they are going to have to help that guy out to get past the first round he has proven he cannot do it himself. The def gets back diggs and should be good again or better with him, Diggs injury was huge for that def and it was glass and mirrors after his injury imho helped by blands record setting luck on those INTs..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:27 am

Tvols wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:16 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:55 am McCarthy survives and will be back for another season. I am truly shocked.
im not its JJ, i have mixed emotions about this, McCarthy did good as offensive play calling for the most part but his time management/discipline sucks(lead league is penalties I think). I support that coach, but would have liked to have seen the house cleaned out and start from scratch. I think Dallas superbowl chance has closed maybe one more year lots of big decision on players coming up cannot pay them all. He had the support of the players and JJ is a sucker for his QBs. Dak is ok we know he is at best a decent qb who folds under pressure in big games so they are going to have to help that guy out to get past the first round he has proven he cannot do it himself. The def gets back diggs and should be good again or better with him, Diggs injury was huge for that def and it was glass and mirrors after his injury imho helped by blands record setting luck on those INTs..
This is one thing I'll wait and see on. It's one of the biggest challenges a successful coach on a successful team has year over year IMO. When you win, the teams looking for new coaches come circling to poach your coordinators, and then they have to be replaced.

It won't be Dan Quinn's defense in 2024 unless he's passed over for a head coaching position somewhere, and it will be up to the next DC to keep the unit operating at a high level. Always uncertainty when the chairs shift like that in an organization.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:38 am

I’ve heard this loss of Diggs excuse in several places.

Just to make sure I understand, if Diggs had been healthy and played, would DAL have beaten GB?

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:35 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:38 am I’ve heard this loss of Diggs excuse in several places.

Just to make sure I understand, if Diggs had been healthy and played, would DAL have beaten GB?
heck no, they got there arse handed to them as Green bay simply was the better team. They were beat in all aspect of the game Quinn, McCarthy were not prepared as the Players were not prepared and it showed in there performance, Even if Dak did not do his usual big game disappearing act that they did not have a chance. As ill prepared as Quinn and McCarthy were, they should have been fired on the spot, they knew what was expected of them.
Last edited by Tvols on Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:23 pm

Sounds like BB to ATL is essentially a done deal. What does everyone think of the assets there as a result (if that happens)?

Seems like a great time to buy Pitts off an owner that might be checked out in the early offseason.

I’d also be considering selling Bijan. I don’t think it’ll be a death sentence by any means, but with BB I doubt he ever reaches the heights we all imagined. Allgeier might be a buy if cheap.

And I don’t know what to think regarding London.

Anyone have any other ideas/thoughts on that hypothetical coaching change?

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:39 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:23 pm Sounds like BB to ATL is essentially a done deal. What does everyone think of the assets there as a result (if that happens)?

Seems like a great time to buy Pitts off an owner that might be checked out in the early offseason.

I’d also be considering selling Bijan. I don’t think it’ll be a death sentence by any means, but with BB I doubt he ever reaches the heights we all imagined. Allgeier might be a buy if cheap.

Sounds about right. I've had buyers remorse on a trade I made in May where I gave 1.3/2024 1st for 1.1/2024 2nd to move up from Gibbs zone to grab Bijan (superflex league, ARich went 1.2). I would rather have Gibbs straight up at this point. Would be nice if we could get Cory Dillon in his prime numbers from Bijan, but we'll see.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:52 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:23 pm Sounds like BB to ATL is essentially a done deal. What does everyone think of the assets there as a result (if that happens)?

I'm not sure we can apply BB NEP to BB ATL (if that happens).

For the first time in a very long time he would have players he didn't select. He was picking players to fit the type of system he wanted to run. Now it's the opposite - at least for a few years. He's smart enough to adapt the system to the talent he's got. BB would have never selected Bijan. I'd bet on him figuring out how to get production out of him.

For London and Pitts I'm less concerned about the HC than I am the QB. Until that's fixed it doesn't much matter what the HC is doing.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:17 pm

Yeah I don’t think this knocks down Bijan at all. He won’t be the offensive guy. But you can bet that D will outperform, in that crap division, and they would figure to be leading more than this year. Tack on the addition by subtraction by removing Arthur.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:29 pm

tstafford wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:52 pm

I'm not sure we can apply BB NEP to BB ATL (if that happens).

For the first time in a very long time he would have players he didn't select. He was picking players to fit the type of system he wanted to run. Now it's the opposite - at least for a few years. He's smart enough to adapt the system to the talent he's got. BB would have never selected Bijan. I'd bet on him figuring out how to get production out of him.

For London and Pitts I'm less concerned about the HC than I am the QB. Until that's fixed it doesn't much matter what the HC is doing.
I think this is spot on.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:30 pm

What must be sacrificed to the fantasy gods to keep BB out of Atlanta?
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:14 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:30 pm What must be sacrificed to the fantasy gods to keep BB out of Atlanta?
Probably a sacrificial CeeDee Lamb.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:00 pm

I'd expect he hires McDaniels for the OC position. Jacobs had a massive season under McDaniels. Would be a huge upgrade over Arthur Smith, for Bijan.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:40 pm

What odd takes. If there's one thing BB has proven is that he can make Rb's and TE's very productive.