First year Superflex Advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
vbbish
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

First year Superflex Advice

Postby vbbish » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:39 am

Hey guys,

After years of 1QB I was convinced to join a big money superflex league. In my infinite wisdom I decided to play 48 holes of golf the day of the draft and drink a large amount of alcohol.

These two culminated in me falling asleep for the last half of the auction draft. :wall: :wall:

I spent the better part of the year trying to accumulate picks and youth. Landed the 2nd pick in a tie breaker.

First question: Do I use this pick for a QB or MHJ?

2nd Question: Are any of my flyers worth keeping? Not sure what route to take this squad... Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Cheers!
12th Year Full Dynasty PPR (1 pt. per Rec.) 1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1TE/RB/WR 12 team league **Champ 20, 21 & 22 **
QB: J. Burrow, M. Jones, B. Zappe
RB: Breece Hall, J. Gibbs, D. Cook, AJ Dillon, D. Pierce
WR: Godwin, Diggs, Jeudy, R. Moore, K. Shakir, T. Burks, Z. Flowers, S. Moore, J. Reed, J. Metchie, J. Downs
TE: Andrews, J. Johnson, T. Kraft

2024 1.01, 1.02, 1.11, 3.10

1st Year Superflex PPR (.5 per Rec) 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2WR/RB/TE, 1SF

QB: Herbie, T. Law, B. Young, J. Winston, K. Pickett, M. Willis
RB: D. Singletary, E. Gray, E. Wilson, M. Carter, I. Spiller, R. Blackshear, I. Abanikanda, T. Bigsby
WR: D. London, G. Wilson, KJ Osborn, M. Wilson, D. Davis, J. Watson, J. Williams, T, Scott, Q, Johnson, P. Washingon
TE: C. Otton, D. Kincaid, T. Conklin, N. Fant, J, Whyle, M. Mayer

2024 1.05, 2.02, 2.10, 3.02, 3.04

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: First year Superflex Advice

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:56 am

Hopefully you shot well.

Depending on if you want to settle in for a long retool/build through the next couple of drafts, I would have the value with Williams if he is available. From there, Harrison Jr. does seem like the next best option on value, but your QB core is a major gamble and could easily hold you back for years to come. This may not be a popular view, but I would be shopping Gibbs as RBs are up and down and he is a very hot name this offseason. You really only have Lawrence and Wilson to hopefully build around long term. Kincaid too, but TEs are the last thing I would worry about in a rebuild if the value is right on the market. London is also a major gamble. I really don't like to be super negative when looking at a build, but I don't see much to like here based on overall build and possibly looking multiple years out. Wilson has a ton of upside and hope, but as of now you only have one top end producer and we will see if Gibbs can do it in year two.

As far as your flyers go, Michael Wilson has some hope and Johnston is a wait and see, but I don't expect a ton from either. Very little would be off limits for me on the market if the value is right if you decide to shop this offseason.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:59 am

Yep, what Gator said. Take Williams or Harrison at 1.02 as they are elite. If you have the 2.02 see if ANY of the QBs worth having are still there. Maybe JJM or Nix or somebody falls. Good luck.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

vbbish
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby vbbish » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:13 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:56 am Hopefully you shot well.

Depending on if you want to settle in for a long retool/build through the next couple of drafts, I would have the value with Williams if he is available. From there, Harrison Jr. does seem like the next best option on value, but your QB core is a major gamble and could easily hold you back for years to come. This may not be a popular view, but I would be shopping Gibbs as RBs are up and down and he is a very hot name this offseason. You really only have Lawrence and Wilson to hopefully build around long term. Kincaid too, but TEs are the last thing I would worry about in a rebuild if the value is right on the market. London is also a major gamble. I really don't like to be super negative when looking at a build, but I don't see much to like here based on overall build and possibly looking multiple years out. Wilson has a ton of upside and hope, but as of now you only have one top end producer and we will see if Gibbs can do it in year two.

As far as your flyers go, Michael Wilson has some hope and Johnston is a wait and see, but I don't expect a ton from either. Very little would be off limits for me on the market if the value is right if you decide to shop this offseason.
I dont blame you for being super negative. lol. I look at this roster and have a hard time not wanting to hit the refresh button.

I have LOTS of interest in Gibbs, London and Wilson. Im not sure what I would look to get at this point.
12th Year Full Dynasty PPR (1 pt. per Rec.) 1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1TE/RB/WR 12 team league **Champ 20, 21 & 22 **
WR: Godwin, Diggs, Jeudy, R. Moore, K. Shakir, T. Burks, Z. Flowers, S. Moore, J. Reed, J. Metchie, J. Downs

RB: D. Singletary, E. Gray, E. Wilson, M. Carter, I. Spiller, R. Blackshear, I. Abanikanda, T. Bigsby
WR: D. London, G. Wilson, KJ Osborn, M. Wilson, D. Davis, J. Watson, J. Williams, T, Scott, Q, Johnson, P. Washingon

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:55 pm

If you pass on a QB you will/could end up in SF hell. If this was a $25 league I might feel differently, but if its high stakes I really like to get my QB's straight.

I would look to trade Gibbs. You are so far from competing that high level RB's are a waste on your team. Use Gibbs to acquire another early first and bolster your WR room that way with Odunze or Nabors. and hit WR hard and heavy with any other picks you have.

You end up tanking in 2024 but the 2025 draft is projected to have a few nice running backs and you can turn your attention to that position then.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:04 pm

The.Big.Spank wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:55 pm If you pass on a QB you will/could end up in SF hell. If this was a $25 league I might feel differently, but if its high stakes I really like to get my QB's straight.

I would look to trade Gibbs. You are so far from competing that high level RB's are a waste on your team. Use Gibbs to acquire another early first and bolster your WR room that way with Odunze or Nabors. and hit WR hard and heavy with any other picks you have.

You end up tanking in 2024 but the 2025 draft is projected to have a few nice running backs and you can turn your attention to that position then.
This is good advice.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

vbbish
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby vbbish » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:14 pm

Offer on the table for G. Wilson for J. Addison & 2025 1st...

Gibbs for JT & Pickens

Owner of 1.03 is inquiring what I want for Gibbs. Im assuming 1.03 for gibbs is the smart money here.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:46 pm

Offer on the table for G. Wilson for J. Addison & 2025 1st...HOW EARLY THE 1ST? I LIKE IT?

Gibbs for JT & Pickens IDK, PASS?

Owner of 1.03 is inquiring what I want for Gibbs. Im assuming 1.03 for gibbs is the smart money here. I LIKE IT. GETS YOU ONE OF WILLIAMS, HARRISON, NABERS. PROBABLY NABERS, WHO I LOVE. IS IT ENOUGH?
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Postby collbey » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:49 pm

.5PPR lessens the value of MHJ a little, so with your team I would try to land a QB and not go WR.

1.01 - have you inquired what it would take to move up from 1.02? if can, take Caleb.
1.02 - If Caleb is gone at 1.01, trade down as MHJ will get a haul.

For the 1.03 pick, trading Gibbs is okay with your team in order to draft Maye or Daniels. However, during the draft, trading down from 1.02 may get more value.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:04 pm

Pretty normal, the 0.5 PPR is going to mean you want to build around qbs and wrs as normal but then when ready to compete really go for the rbs. During rebuilds I want to move rbs because they will be more valuable to others and make you put up more points than you want.

QB: T. Law, B. Young, J. Winston, K. Pickett, M. Willis
You have two expected starters here. Not a good place to be in SF. Need to invest more. Likely means you are entering rebuild territory.

RB: J. Gibbs, D. Singletary, A. Gibson, E. Gray, E. Wilson, M. Carter, I. Spiller, R. Blackshear, I. Abanikanda, T. Bigsby
Wish you had moved singletary this past year. I'd look to sell Gibbs now. Singletary and Gibson I'd look to shop too but happy to keep them into next season to sell early. You can probably also use them as pieces to upgrade other positions.

London and Wilson are nice to build around, I think M Wilson could be interesting next years along with J Williams. QJ you are stuck with for now. This is a group that we need to see develop in the next year or two but there is some upside here.

You're good with Kincaid and Mayer here and possibly otton.

2024 1.02, 2.02, 2.10, 3.02, 3.04
Excellent.

Overall:
It's not in as bad of shape as you could be. You really need your wr group to develop. Given your QBs I don't see a way you pass up on a QB at 1.02. depending on the NFL draft I'd be okay trading down a spot or two for the right price but for now I'm not interested.

Some of your questions:
2nd Question: Are any of my flyers worth keeping? Not sure what route to take this squad... Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Right now you keep em. It really depends what you can get. If you can move some of the wrs I mentioned above for a 25 first I'd do that. Otherwise I'd keep them. I don't really value late firsts or seconds that much even in SF.

Gibbs for JT & Pickens

Easy reject to the Wilson trade. The pick is a year out and Addison is going to be capped by two other great receiving options and questions at QB.

Gonna for JT and Pickens is a reject based on your situation. You don't want JT, you want wrs and picks equivalent to him. If you were a competitive team or if you think you can flip JT I'd do this trade, but otherwise I think JT does not help you as much as you think. I'd you're willing to take the risk on not being able to move JT I'd do this.

Owner of 1.03 is inquiring what I want for Gibbs. Im assuming 1.03 for gibbs is the smart money here.

1.03 plus a wr like Pickens. This is what I'm talking about wanting a pick or wr value instead of JT. I'd be willing to move your 2.02 to help this deal get done. This deal would allow you to go QB/QB or QB/WR at 1.02 and 1.03 and really address your rebuild. I'd put full priority into this move.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

vbbish
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby vbbish » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:16 pm

abloom wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:04 pm 1st Year Superflex PPR (.5 per Rec) 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2WR/RB/TE, 1SF
Pretty normal, the 0.5 PPR is going to mean you want to build around qbs and wrs as normal but then when ready to compete really go for the rbs. During rebuilds I want to move rbs because they will be more valuable to others and make you put up more points than you want.

QB: T. Law, B. Young, J. Winston, K. Pickett, M. Willis
You have two expected starters here. Not a good place to be in SF. Need to invest more. Likely means you are entering rebuild territory.

RB: J. Gibbs, D. Singletary, A. Gibson, E. Gray, E. Wilson, M. Carter, I. Spiller, R. Blackshear, I. Abanikanda, T. Bigsby
Wish you had moved singletary this past year. I'd look to sell Gibbs now. Singletary and Gibson I'd look to shop too but happy to keep them into next season to sell early. You can probably also use them as pieces to upgrade other positions.

London and Wilson are nice to build around, I think M Wilson could be interesting next years along with J Williams. QJ you are stuck with for now. This is a group that we need to see develop in the next year or two but there is some upside here.

You're good with Kincaid and Mayer here and possibly otton.

2024 1.02, 2.02, 2.10, 3.02, 3.04
Excellent.

Overall:
It's not in as bad of shape as you could be. You really need your wr group to develop. Given your QBs I don't see a way you pass up on a QB at 1.02. depending on the NFL draft I'd be okay trading down a spot or two for the right price but for now I'm not interested.

Some of your questions:

Right now you keep em. It really depends what you can get. If you can move some of the wrs I mentioned above for a 25 first I'd do that. Otherwise I'd keep them. I don't really value late firsts or seconds that much even in SF.

Gibbs for JT & Pickens

Easy reject to the Wilson trade. The pick is a year out and Addison is going to be capped by two other great receiving options and questions at QB.

Gonna for JT and Pickens is a reject based on your situation. You don't want JT, you want wrs and picks equivalent to him. If you were a competitive team or if you think you can flip JT I'd do this trade, but otherwise I think JT does not help you as much as you think. I'd you're willing to take the risk on not being able to move JT I'd do this.

1.03 plus a wr like Pickens. This is what I'm talking about wanting a pick or wr value instead of JT. I'd be willing to move your 2.02 to help this deal get done. This deal would allow you to go QB/QB or QB/WR at 1.02 and 1.03 and really address your rebuild. I'd put full priority into this move.
Thank you for a very thoughtful answer. You guys have all given me some great stuff to think about. :clap: :clap:

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:59 am

Your team is young and has some really good upside pieces, but even if they all hit you need to make some moves to really compete. I'd be looking at a rebuild with 2025 to compete.

Grab the best player available in the rookie draft at 1.02. Your pick is a great spot to be at in SF with CW and MHJ. I really wouldn't worry about what position you take at this point, especially since I think you need to spend a year or so rebuilding. You also have the option of trading it. Go fishing for some elite QBs and see what it'll take. 1.02+Young = ??

QB - TLaw, Young - these are fine. Hang onto both unless you can trade for a QB you like better. Burrow, Love, Herbert would be my targets if any of their owners have them available. Also grab any backup QB you can as we enter next season. This year, guys like Dobbs, Mullens, Stidham, Rudolph, Minshew, O'Connell are all worth stashing and flipping when other owners get desperate due to injury.

RB - How does this league determine playoff spots? If it is potential points, I'd be selling off the entire RB stable. In my rebuilds I want as close to zero points from my two RB spots as possible. I load up on 2nd and 3rd string RBs and when they hit, unload them for picks (usually a year out). Examples this year - McClaughlin, Mitchell, Williams, Chandler, Carter. All of these guys were essentially free and net a decent return at times.

WR - London and Wilson are a nice pair to build on. Focus on acquiring as many upside young WRs as possible this year and next. If you have looked at the rookie WR report in the discussion threat I strongly suggest you do. It'll help you weed out the WR with the best odds to perform in the future (Puka, Rice, Dell, Flowers, Addison, Reed).

TE - I like Kincaid a lot. Think he's overshadowed by LaPorta this year but love his situation going into 2024. With a full off-season, he's easily going to be the #2 target on that offense next season. Mayer is also a strong hold.

Offer on the table for G. Wilson for J. Addison & 2025 1st... I wouldn't. But I think G Wilson is an elite talent and would be building around him. If that 2025 was for sure an early first, i'd consider, but too much uncertainty for me.

Gibbs for JT & Pickens. I wouldn't do this either. Pickens is nice, but JT isnt an asset that's going to help with your long term goals. Only way I'd do this is if I could work out a 2nd trade for JT. Gibbs for an early first and Pickens sounds better to me.

vbbish
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby vbbish » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:55 pm

Would you guys do Gibbs for 1.05 & 2.01?

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:15 am

vbbish wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:55 pm Would you guys do Gibbs for 1.05 & 2.01?
It’s in the range for SF for sure. I even think you might be able to squeeze out another small piece like a pick swap or something. Getting inside the top 5 for 2024 is prime target.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:31 am

vbbish wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:55 pm Would you guys do Gibbs for 1.05 & 2.01?
It's about right. I think Gibbs still fetches more than this in season, but at the same time I don't love holding high priced RBs in a rebuild. The 1.05 will get you Maye, Daniels, or Odunze.