General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: 2022-23 coaching carousel

Postby ericanadian » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:21 am

murphysxm wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:32 am
mild wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:42 pm
Irsay blabbing openly about a top-rated QB prospect strikes me more as him being an idiot, parroting his GM's scouting report, than as him deliberately smokescreening - I gotta be honest, that's just the historical shoe that fits.
I guess because I see him speak and try and be "strategic" so often locally, this screams of him thinking he is smarter than others and trying to push people in a Bryce direction. I am firmly in the camp that the Colts are targeting Stroud.
I agree that its not Young. A lot of people had them going Levis and now the smoke screens are coming out. I suspect they may be targetting Levis, but Stroud wouldn’t surprise me either.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:41 pm

mild wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:58 am ... I like your Russell Wilson angle, but as Ice so rightly said - this isn't Schotty's offense, it's magic Mike McCarthy's.

Y'know, the guy we last saw calling plays with in-his-Prime Aaron Rodgers. The guy that mis-managed multiple playoff games, and "conservatived" his way to Cabo most every year. The guy that has now lost to the 49ers in back-to-back playoffs with two seperate teams as the Head Coach. The guy that spent a day at the PFF offices, told Jerry he "was big on analytics now" at their sleepover, and then admitted he lied at the press conference. The guy that was getting massages on company time rather than attending his meetings. That guy.

Just spitballing here, but is it good for Mike's case here if Aaron Rodgers immediately rips off 2 MVP seasons back-to-back as soon as Mike and his scheme is gone from Green Bay? Asking for a friend.
Boy, what a difference a year makes.

Oh wait, hang on a minute...
Ice wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:13 am
mild wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:20 pm
Ice wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:12 pm People don't understand it is McCarthy's offensive system.
What if we understand that perfectly, and think McCarthy's system is trash? Are we allowed to to be out on Dallas players then?
I guess in your mind McCarthy's system is trash but the "Collective WE" probably knows better given they were #1 in the league in Points scored in 2021 and 4th in the entire NFL this past year.

Those are just terrible trash numbers out of 32 teams in the NFL. Oh Well, I expect nothing less from you.

I get people buy into the narrative McCarthy is bad but then turn around and think Sean Payton is the just the greatest.

Payton's HC record 152 -89 Playoffs 9-8
McCarthy HC record 155-97-2 playoffs 11-10

Payton had HOF Drew Brees, McCarthy had Rodgers and Dak. We will now get to see Payton with Russ.....Hmmm very close records indeed.
Can we get a Welfare Check on Ice?

:lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:02 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:41 pm
mild wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:58 am ... I like your Russell Wilson angle, but as Ice so rightly said - this isn't Schotty's offense, it's magic Mike McCarthy's.

Y'know, the guy we last saw calling plays with in-his-Prime Aaron Rodgers. The guy that mis-managed multiple playoff games, and "conservatived" his way to Cabo most every year. The guy that has now lost to the 49ers in back-to-back playoffs with two seperate teams as the Head Coach. The guy that spent a day at the PFF offices, told Jerry he "was big on analytics now" at their sleepover, and then admitted he lied at the press conference. The guy that was getting massages on company time rather than attending his meetings. That guy.

Just spitballing here, but is it good for Mike's case here if Aaron Rodgers immediately rips off 2 MVP seasons back-to-back as soon as Mike and his scheme is gone from Green Bay? Asking for a friend.
Boy, what a difference a year makes.

Oh wait, hang on a minute...
Ice wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:13 am
mild wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:20 pm

What if we understand that perfectly, and think McCarthy's system is trash? Are we allowed to to be out on Dallas players then?
I guess in your mind McCarthy's system is trash but the "Collective WE" probably knows better given they were #1 in the league in Points scored in 2021 and 4th in the entire NFL this past year.

Those are just terrible trash numbers out of 32 teams in the NFL. Oh Well, I expect nothing less from you.

I get people buy into the narrative McCarthy is bad but then turn around and think Sean Payton is the just the greatest.

Payton's HC record 152 -89 Playoffs 9-8
McCarthy HC record 155-97-2 playoffs 11-10

Payton had HOF Drew Brees, McCarthy had Rodgers and Dak. We will now get to see Payton with Russ.....Hmmm very close records indeed.
Can we get a Welfare Check on Ice?

:lol:
I mean, it wasn't McCarthy's system that gave up most of those points, it was Quinn's. McCarthy's system was a top offense in the league. The Cowboys haven't played well in big games in years, not sure it's all on big Mike. He's a competent coach. Payton didn't look that great this year, either, since you're pulling up a reference from a year ago, attempting to bait people you disagree with, much like wearing an onion on your belt, which was the style at the time.

Jamaal told me to say it. It's Jamaal Williams world, and we're just living in it.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:22 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:02 pm I mean, it wasn't McCarthy's system that gave up most of those points, it was Quinn's. McCarthy's system was a top offense in the league. The Cowboys haven't played well in big games in years, not sure it's all on big Mike. He's a competent coach. Payton didn't look that great this year, either, since you're pulling up a reference from a year ago, attempting to bait people you disagree with, much like wearing an onion on your belt, which was the style at the time.

Jamaal told me to say it. It's Jamaal Williams world, and we're just living in it.
See, some people say you're no fun, but I disagree! You can be funny sometimes :lol:

Another thing I find funny is McCarthy firing Kellen Moore for "wanting to light up the scoreboard" and then immediately losing his next playoff game to a team that put up 48 points.

The reason that Mike McCarthy will be fired in the next 24 hours is because his team was - once again - not ready to play their biggest game of the season. That part? Squarely on his shoulders.

No resilience. No sense of fight. Punched in the mouth and immediately crumbles.

It's almost like this here bio of his last few years...
mild wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:58 am Y'know, the guy we last saw calling plays with in-his-Prime Aaron Rodgers. The guy that mis-managed multiple playoff games, and "conservatived" his way to Cabo most every year. The guy that has now lost to the 49ers in back-to-back playoffs with two seperate teams as the Head Coach. The guy that spent a day at the PFF offices, told Jerry he "was big on analytics now" at their sleepover, and then admitted he lied at the press conference. The guy that was getting massages on company time rather than attending his meetings. That guy.

... was pretty much bang-on-the-money.

Ice and I agreed back then that the Kellen Moore firing with McCarthy taking over wouldn't be judged on the regular season. The Dak Prescott Cowboys always have a reasonable-to-decent regular season. Making the playoffs was never the issue.

Adios, to the Mike McCarthy Cowboys. :boohoo:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:38 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:22 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:02 pm I mean, it wasn't McCarthy's system that gave up most of those points, it was Quinn's. McCarthy's system was a top offense in the league. The Cowboys haven't played well in big games in years, not sure it's all on big Mike. He's a competent coach. Payton didn't look that great this year, either, since you're pulling up a reference from a year ago, attempting to bait people you disagree with, much like wearing an onion on your belt, which was the style at the time.

See, some people say you're no fun, but I disagree! You can be funny sometimes :lol:

Another thing I find funny is McCarthy firing Kellen Moore for "wanting to light up the scoreboard" and then immediately losing his next playoff game to a team that put up 48 points.

The reason that Mike McCarthy will be fired in the next 24 hours is because his team was - once again - not ready to play their biggest game of the season. That part? Squarely on his shoulders.

No resilience. No sense of fight. Punched in the mouth and immediately crumbles.

It's almost like this here bio of his last few years...
mild wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:58 am Y'know, the guy we last saw calling plays with in-his-Prime Aaron Rodgers. The guy that mis-managed multiple playoff games, and "conservatived" his way to Cabo most every year. The guy that has now lost to the 49ers in back-to-back playoffs with two seperate teams as the Head Coach. The guy that spent a day at the PFF offices, told Jerry he "was big on analytics now" at their sleepover, and then admitted he lied at the press conference. The guy that was getting massages on company time rather than attending his meetings. That guy.

... was pretty much bang-on-the-money.

Ice and I agreed back then that the Kellen Moore firing with McCarthy taking over wouldn't be judged on the regular season. The Dak Prescott Cowboys always have a reasonable-to-decent regular season. Making the playoffs was never the issue.

Adios, to the Mike McCarthy Cowboys. :boohoo:
Thanks. I knew you'd get that. :lol:

Don't get me wrong. I think Johnson, for instance, would be no brainer to fire Mike for. Jerrah would have to pay, but will he?

IDK

It really depends if he's willing to cut it loose a bit more to win, or try and hold on to control of certain things. Just talking without bias, pretending the Cowboys are of no consequence to emotions, either way.

My question is, do you fire Mike without a solid replacement?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:29 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:38 pm Thanks. I knew you'd get that. :lol:

Don't get me wrong. I think Johnson, for instance, would be no brainer to fire Mike for. Jerrah would have to pay, but will he?

IDK

It really depends if he's willing to cut it loose a bit more to win, or try and hold on to control of certain things. Just talking without bias, pretending the Cowboys are of no consequence to emotions, either way.

My question is, do you fire Mike without a solid replacement?
Yes. You can't seriously turn around and expect Mike McCarthy to return to this team and not do what he has always done: underachieve in the playoffs.

My sense is that he's gone, fired into the sun, post haste.

This is one of the best coaching cycles (2024) I can remember in a while. There's something here for everyone... the literal GOAT of coaching, a Harbaugh, maybe a Pete Carroll, and some guys we think are probably the future (Johnson, Vrabel, Mike McDonald, etc). If they like Dan Quinn then he's already on staff too, they'll have as good an evaluation of him as you can get.

Jerry Jones doesn't have long enough left to live to watch another year of Mike McCarthy wasting his team.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:38 am

The Chargers fired Marty Schottenheimer after a 14-2 regular season & his usual playoff exit. While McCarthy has crushed the regular season, sometimes you just have to make a change.

If I'm Jerry Jones, I fired McCarthy. Four seasons is a small sample size from a statistics point of view, but you don't have the time to wait for a large one.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:21 am

Time for a change in Dallas.

I would expect Jones to make a run at Bill Belichick or Jim Harbaugh. They didn't look ready to compete yesterday.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:22 am

Ice wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:21 am Time for a change in Dallas.

I would expect Jones to make a run at Bill Belichick or Jim Harbaugh. They didn't look ready to compete yesterday.
I just can’t picture BB there. Jerry likes a yes man.

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:48 am

Mccarthy has done a good job on the offensive side, Dak simply wilts under pressure and that def if that what you call it was worst than swiss cheese. This is more on Dan Quinn , and that whiny arse lber and his teammates.

I think possibly Dallas window what little they had has closed, to many big contracts are coming up.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:22 am

Tvols wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:48 am Mccarthy has done a good job on the offensive side, Dak simply wilts under pressure and that def if that what you call it was worst than swiss cheese. This is more on Dan Quinn , and that whiny arse lber and his teammates.

I think possibly Dallas window what little they had has closed, to many big contracts are coming up.
No question the defense was terrible but Dallas was looking past GB and they were not ready to play in any phase of the game. Quinn was probably practicing his interview skills. Parsons was working on his podcast, Jerry was talking Super Bowls and McCarthy didn't reel them in as the coaching leader.

Losing Diggs, who was the real leader on defense early in the year really hurt.

Dallas plays well when all is calm but lacks keen focus and determination when it is most needed in the playoffs.

Dallas has had 3 hard bleep coaching types in their history. Landry, Johnson and Parcells.

Time for a 4th.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:04 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:22 am Dallas plays well when all is calm but lacks keen focus and determination when it is most needed in the playoffs.

Dallas has had 3 hard bleep coaching types in their history. Landry, Johnson and Parcells.

Time for a 4th.
Or...

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/17477 ... 77312?s=20
This just in: Dallas is not making a head-coaching change and Cowboys’ HC Mike McCarthy is returning for the 2024 season, per sources.
Congrats to Cowboys nation!

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:43 pm

mild wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:04 pm
Ice wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:22 am Dallas plays well when all is calm but lacks keen focus and determination when it is most needed in the playoffs.

Time for a 4th.
Or...

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/17477 ... 77312?s=20
This just in: Dallas is not making a head-coaching change and Cowboys’ HC Mike McCarthy is returning for the 2024 season, per sources.
Congrats to Cowboys nation!
Next year is the Cowboys’ year

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:02 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:22 am
Tvols wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:48 am Mccarthy has done a good job on the offensive side, Dak simply wilts under pressure and that def if that what you call it was worst than swiss cheese. This is more on Dan Quinn , and that whiny arse lber and his teammates.

No question the defense was terrible but Dallas was looking past GB and they were not ready to play in any phase of the game. Quinn was probably practicing his interview skills. Parsons was working on his podcast, Jerry was talking Super Bowls and McCarthy didn't reel them in as the coaching leader.

Dallas plays well when all is calm but lacks keen focus and determination when it is most needed in the playoffs.

Time for a 4th.
I wish but as long as jones is there that isn’t happening . Maybe he changes everything he does since Johnson left but I doubt it . I agree diggs injury was huge more than most give credit for
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:38 pm

Tvols wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:02 pm
Ice wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:22 am

Time for a 4th.
I wish but as long as jones is there that isn’t happening . Maybe he changes everything he does since Johnson left but I doubt it . I agree diggs injury was huge more than most give credit for
Agree on Diggs loss. Yes Brand got a lot of pub with his TDs but losing Diggs was a killer IMO
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5