Black Monday 2024 & Offseason Coaching Changes

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Re: Black Monday 2024 & Offseason Coaching Changes

Postby TheTroll » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:49 pm

Shcritters wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:40 pm https://x.com/FantasyPts/status/1744405 ... 73007?s=20

Hahahaha… well done!
sadly that was the most "offense" Smith showed all season!!!
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:37 am

Titans fired Vrabel. Bad move for them. He would have to be near the top of most teams list now.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:46 am

If Belichick is out, have to think Vrabel moves to the front of the line in New England. He's going to be pursued by a bunch of teams

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:49 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:46 am If Belichick is out, have to think Vrabel moves to the front of the line in New England. He's going to be pursued by a bunch of teams
That's a landing spot I could see happening.

I keep seeing BB to ATL...and I don't like it. When can we stop washing out old HC trying to make them smell fresh again?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:51 am

I think Vrabel is a good head coach, surprised he was let go

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:56 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:51 am I think Vrabel is a good head coach, surprised he was let go
He would look good in Scarlett and Gray
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:40 am

Vrabel being fired is completely unbelievable. He's 48. Wow.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:40 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:51 am I think Vrabel is a good head coach, surprised he was let go
I also think he is a good coach, but there are some chinks in the armor. Supposedly he is the reason the GM was fired last year (and justifiably so as he was terrible), but reports have come out that he has issues with the new GM now. He inherited a young team that had just won a playoff game so it's not like he rebuilt a team from the doldrums into a perennial contender. Now he did take them to the AFC title game, but it has pretty much been downhill since.

They are also 6-18 over their last 24 games. That usually gets you fired.

He will land another job and is probably at or near the top for a lot of teams, but I think he is hyped up more than he should be.

Ironic stat: There are 3 teams that didn't score at least 30 points this season. The Pats, Titans, and Falcons. Vrabel obviously played under Belichick for years and Arthur Smith was the OC in Tennessee under Vrabel. Could be a philosophy thing or just total coincidence. I would say lack of talent, but Atlanta can't use that excuse.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:46 am

dark_knite03 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:37 am Titans fired Vrabel. Bad move for them. He would have to be near the top of most teams list now.
Titans fan since day one (the half Memphis/half Vandy year).

This is a terrible decision and I doubt it goes over well amongst the fans or players either.

Wherever he lands they are very lucky to have him.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:32 pm

tstafford wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:46 am
dark_knite03 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:37 am Titans fired Vrabel. Bad move for them. He would have to be near the top of most teams list now.

This is a terrible decision and I doubt it goes over well amongst the fans or players either.

We'll know more as it comes out, but my gut-feel suspicion here is that they are going to do an absolute rebuild from the studs up, and that Vrabel didn't want to be a part of it - and "got himself fired". (Why else would this decision have taken days + back and forth conversation if the Owners were set on this path? If they knew prior to the meetings then they would have just done it)

Combined with the rumours of him not getting along with both the previous GM and the current one, my guess is he wanted to be out for this rebuild and go somewhere better for his career. (And I'm guessing that's going to be NE in some capacity)

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:04 pm

mild wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:32 pm
tstafford wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:46 am

We'll know more as it comes out, but my gut-feel suspicion here is that they are going to do an absolute rebuild from the studs up, and that Vrabel didn't want to be a part of it - and "got himself fired". (Why else would this decision have taken days + back and forth conversation if the Owners were set on this path? If they knew prior to the meetings then they would have just done it)

Combined with the rumours of him not getting along with both the previous GM and the current one, my guess is he wanted to be out for this rebuild and go somewhere better for his career. (And I'm guessing that's going to be NE in some capacity)
Yeah. I want to believe that too. It's just the quote from A.A. Strunk is weird if that's the case.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:07 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:46 am If Belichick is out, have to think Vrabel moves to the front of the line in New England. He's going to be pursued by a bunch of teams
Why would somebody want the NE job? Horrible roster and replacing a legend. Seems like I a tough job to fill to me.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:15 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:08 pm Adding on to this to say the inverse - the other option of the Chargers being superior as it was suggested by someone else is kinda laughable if you zoom out even slightly.

After the Herbert / LA weather factors, it's all pretty grim:

- Stuck in the same Division as Mahomes for the next decade+
- One of the worst ownership groups in the NFL
- Team training facilities / Nutrition / Doctors are sub-par or even non-existent according to the players (see point above)
- Offensive weapons around Herbert are aging out, and are poorly matched to Herberts skillset outside of Allen (who will be 32)
- Zero fans, 2nd fiddle team in your own town in a city that doesn't care

There is a LOT of work to be done here in Charger land.

Most coaches know that you only get one good shot at being a HC. For Ben Johnson, reportedly, he is extremely invested in stability for his young family as one of the key priorities.

In other words, he wants to get the best job possible, and keep it... ie. be judicious with his talents, and pick the best football organisation / situation.

It's going to be fascinating to watch.
I am in agreement Mild about the general state of the Chargers. But one weekend watching games I did see a bit about this with regard to the bolded. It's not a game changer, but at least it's a little something?

https://www.chargers.com/practice-facility/
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:33 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:15 pm I am in agreement Mild about the general state of the Chargers. But one weekend watching games I did see a bit about this with regard to the bolded. It's not a game changer, but at least it's a little something?

https://www.chargers.com/practice-facility/
I have two little nuggets for you from around the NFL podcasting world from this last week, both courtesy of the Athletic.

Robert Mays, talking to Chase Daniel - who had a front row seat to a few of these "bad ownership" situations - about the impact that ownership/facilities has, in a neutral choice situation, for where players want to play:
https://youtu.be/YcuCPYMmdFg?si=2FoAMqrhXNCkkuQE&t=2735

(Should be cued around the 44 minute mark. It does not take a leap to guess if the Chargers would fit the criteria of being (one of?) who he's talking about, based on what we know of that Players Report Cards for their organisations and the Chargers scores on that)

Second: the interview posted today with Diana Russini, where they outright talk about this exact situation - which job is better out of the Falcons vs. the Chargers for a prospective Head Coach. Money quote: "I had a conversation with a potential candidate for that (Chargers HC) ... and... he wants to avoid it." (that situation)
https://theathletic.com/podcast/211-the ... pisode=901

Timestamp of 10 minutes or so.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:31 pm

How is Flus not gone. FML.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble