Finished 2nd for Second Year in a Row

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
JCBoston
Rookie
Rookie

Finished 2nd for Second Year in a Row

Postby JCBoston » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:44 am

Team in Sig. Won the league 2 years ago. Last year i was in the finals again and lost by 5 because of the Bengals/Bills game being canceled and the fantasy season ending. This year finals again and came up short. Want to make some changes and get younger. I have no 1st in 2024 draft, a 2nd and 2 3rds.

Who are my best options to move and get either 1sts or young talent? Can Tyreek get me a haul of picks and a young WR? Can K.Allen net some youth or a pick? is Hurts worth keeping or should I cash out on him now?
QB: Hurts, Stafford, Minshew, Mullins, Stidham
RB: Henry, Mixon, Walker III, Elliot, Herbert, Edwards, K.Mitchell, McLaughlin
WR: Jefferson, Kupp, Hill, Allen, London, J.Reed, C.Samuel, D. Robinson
TE: Engram, Likely

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Finished 2nd for Second Year in a Row

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:50 am

I don't think any of your aging players will net you a big return based on age and the offseason being the worst time to try and moving older assets. Vets in the offseason are always undervalued and less desirable targets. Contenders can usually get nice discounted deals, but in your case, the returns are likely to be low. It never hurts to shop though and aiming for 2025 picks may be the better option if you don't want to wait until in-season to make moves next year. Hill likely has the most market value still. Allen is always underrated and with his injury problems down the stretch, that will not help. Henry, Mixon, and Kupp are fading. I think you are in a tough spot to try and flip this roster into a younger core outside of moving assets low and settling into a rebuild. You may still be a contender next year with this build, but a risky Henry and Mixon play a major role there. All in all, shop, stay patient with offers and returns and see how the offseason progresses. Good luck!

JCBoston
Rookie
Rookie

Postby JCBoston » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:01 am

Thanks. My thoughts exactly. K.Allen looks bad because they shut him down, not really injury related though just Herbert out and not in the playoffs. Mixon had a down season and Henry prob leaving Tenn. Hill should still be a monster and net a nice return. I'll see whats out there and if nothing then I'll see what happens.
QB: Hurts, Stafford, Minshew, Mullins, Stidham
RB: Henry, Mixon, Walker III, Elliot, Herbert, Edwards, K.Mitchell, McLaughlin
WR: Jefferson, Kupp, Hill, Allen, London, J.Reed, C.Samuel, D. Robinson
TE: Engram, Likely

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:16 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:50 am I don't think any of your aging players will net you a big return based on age and the offseason being the worst time to try and moving older assets. Vets in the offseason are always undervalued and less desirable targets. Contenders can usually get nice discounted deals, but in your case, the returns are likely to be low. It never hurts to shop though and aiming for 2025 picks may be the better option if you don't want to wait until in-season to make moves next year. Hill likely has the most market value still. Allen is always underrated and with his injury problems down the stretch, that will not help. Henry, Mixon, and Kupp are fading. I think you are in a tough spot to try and flip this roster into a younger core outside of moving assets low and settling into a rebuild. You may still be a contender next year with this build, but a risky Henry and Mixon play a major role there. All in all, shop, stay patient with offers and returns and see how the offseason progresses. Good luck!
sound advice especially where this is not the time to be selling used cars. These net the most when someone is in contention and needs something to put them over the hump. That might even be in season but maybe post draft where someone else is savoring over their new roster thinking "this will be my year"
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5