2024 week 18

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2024 week 18

Postby JoeJoe88 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:27 pm

Speaking as a Bijan and Pitts dynasty owner, good riddance.

DynastyDrum30
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDrum30 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:33 pm

JoeJoe88 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:27 pm Speaking as a Bijan and Pitts dynasty owner, good riddance.
X2.

It’s a good start. Now get a competent QB in there, dang it!
10 man league; .5 PPR; .5 TE Premium
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/Team D) - 28 Man Rosters

Roster Highlights:

QB: Burrow, Purdy, Love

RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, Z. Charbonnet, AJ Dillon, Penny, D. Foreman, T Allgier, Z. White, E. Hull

WR: Chase, Lamb, Olave, T. Higgins, Diontae, Chark

TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Goedert, Schoonmaker

Picks:
2024: 4.06
2025: None

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:03 pm

Lumps wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:09 pm
mild wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:33 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:11 pm Yeah, Ruiz is deflecting, or not letting Winston go down alone. He could have taken the knee. Saints locker room must be a mess. However Winston, with his history, did himself no favours for FA, that's pretty obvious. Front offices won't look on that as a positive.
Who cares.

Running up the score on Arthur Smith, one of the least likeable coaches in recent memory, is objectively awesome and hilarious.

We thank Winston, Ruiz, and company for their efforts in adding additional indignation to this most glorious of shellackings.
This. All of this.

My personal opinion - Smith doesn’t get to complain about when and how much the opposing team scores. Stop them. Where was all this energy when the Dolphins dropped 70 on Denver?

1) Smith’s response and attitude are worse than them scoring a TD.
2) I only hope it’s the last gasps out of someone that knows they blew it.
I was never making the comments in regards to Smith, FWIW. It was a Saints thing, and how their locker room must have issues, and just another feather in Winston's idiot cap.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:33 am

Matt Prater missed from 43, and 50 in the final 3 minutes, and likely cost the FF world a Herbert/MHJ combo for the next decade or so.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:34 am

Okay time to see Canada or Gaise be the next HC for falcons.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:43 am

abloom wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:34 am Okay time to see Canada or Gaise be the next HC for falcons.
I think Jeff Saturday is available. I hear he's a great interview! Owners love talking to him.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:57 am

So apparently Dennis Allen had called for a kneel.down, but the saints players called an audible

https://sports.yahoo.com/dennis-allen-h ... 56413.html
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:28 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:03 pm

Who cares.

Running up the score on Arthur Smith, one of the least likeable coaches in recent memory, is objectively awesome and hilarious.

We thank Winston, Ruiz, and company for their efforts in adding additional indignation to this most glorious of shellackings.
This. All of this.

My personal opinion - Smith doesn’t get to complain about when and how much the opposing team scores. Stop them. Where was all this energy when the Dolphins dropped 70 on Denver?

I was never making the comments in regards to Smith, FWIW. It was a Saints thing, and how their locker room must have issues, and just another feather in Winston's idiot cap.
Holy crap, this is such a nothing burger. This was clearly a team decision to get Williams a TD before they all went on vacation. Winston went along with what his teammates wanted, and pretty much shows how popular Williams is in the Saints locker room. Williams could have short circuited the whole thing by telling them all thanks but no thanks.

In the grand scheme of things this means nothing if not less. And hey, Art, this is the NFL. If you don’t like it, stop it. If you can’t that’s on you, not your opponent.

Last thought - there is so much disrespect and lack of sportsmanship that players show each other on the field as a regular course of events in every game that I’m struggling to see why this is even the smallest of blips on the radar.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:21 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:28 am

This. All of this.

Holy crap, this is such a nothing burger. This was clearly a team decision to get Williams a TD before they all went on vacation. Winston went along with what his teammates wanted, and pretty much shows how popular Williams is in the Saints locker room. Williams could have short circuited the whole thing by telling them all thanks but no thanks.

In the grand scheme of things this means nothing if not less. And hey, Art, this is the NFL. If you don’t like it, stop it. If you can’t that’s on you, not your opponent.

Last thought - there is so much disrespect and lack of sportsmanship that players show each other on the field as a regular course of events in every game that I’m struggling to see why this is even the smallest of blips on the radar.
I mean, it's a big deal in Saints land. Going against your coaches call is a big deal. That's why he should have put Carr out there to take the knee. BTW, it's kind of against the code of the game. It was cheap. Lining up in victory formation and running. It's kind of like when the Bucs D was blasting OL when QB's were taking a knee, a few years back. I'd expect Falcons players to be taking shots at Falcons players next year, when they play. Players and teams don't forget this stuff, in rivalries.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:33 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:11 pm Yeah, Ruiz is deflecting, or not letting Winston go down alone. He could have taken the knee. Saints locker room must be a mess. However Winston, with his history, did himself no favours for FA, that's pretty obvious. Front offices won't look on that as a positive.
Who cares.

This. All of this.

It couldn't have happened to a more unlikeable coach. Also, it's great that the players all sided with Winston and it does speak volumes to how likeable Jamaal Williams is in locker rooms that they were willing to do that for him.

That said, from a professional aspect....it's victory formation. Both teams at that point are conceding the game. It's soft to do that and run an actual scoring play instead. Just like it's soft if a defense actually tries to get physical on that play or jump the snap.

For Jameis' sake, hopefully teams forget about that play in FA in a few months.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:38 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:21 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:28 am

I mean, it's a big deal in Saints land. Going against your coaches call is a big deal. That's why he should have put Carr out there to take the knee. BTW, it's kind of against the code of the game. It was cheap. Lining up in victory formation and running. It's kind of like when the Bucs D was blasting OL when QB's were taking a knee, a few years back. I'd expect Falcons players to be taking shots at Falcons players next year, when they play. Players and teams don't forget this stuff, in rivalries.
Good! That should happen in rivalries. I don’t know how many times I’ve had to watch the Fridge score a TD against GB (of course, that might be because it was one of the last times they beat GB, but still…).

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:18 am

I do have an issue that they lined up in the victory formation to do the play. If a defender had been hurt because they didn't engage fully in a play that has been a kneel down 100% of the time based on the formation, the narrative would be different. Arthur looks the worst out of this IMO. I have already moved on though
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:34 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:18 am I do have an issue that they lined up in the victory formation to do the play. If a defender had been hurt because they didn't engage fully in a play that has been a kneel down 100% of the time based on the formation, the narrative would be different. Arthur looks the worst out of this IMO. I have already moved on though
This is an important and overlooked aspect to all of this.

Not a fan of doing a fake kneel down to run up the score. If you want to score the TD, be honest about it in this situation.

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:34 pm

King Henry moving on, Spears taking over?
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:48 pm

dvpkwys wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:34 pm King Henry moving on, Spears taking over?
Sounds like Henry is moving on but in that event the question would be does Spears take over as the main back or do the Titans bring in another bruiser to pair with him. I'm of course biased and hope that Spears becomes the main man there as I grabbed him in numerous leagues rookie drafts this year! lol