General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: All Things Bears

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:43 pm

CGW wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:23 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:08 pm
CGW wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:15 pm Any of you analytical Bears fans want to sell me on Darnell Mooney being a good WR2 in the year 2023? To my simpleton eye test, the guy isn't getting open anymore. Open scores seems to back that theory up. Fields may be a problem, but whoever is the Bears QB in 2024 is going to need a better WR2, especially if it's with the same "offensive" minds at the helm.
He hasn't been the same. IDK if it's 100% him or 50/50 with Fields. I guess if we draft Williams we'll see, right? But I really think if they do take Caleb, and I think they will, they will draft ONE of Harrison, Nabers, or Odzune. And if that makes Mooney WR3, that's not a bad thing. The rest of the WRs are scrubs. Also, Bowers with Kmet? Terrible for fantasy, but great for the team.
Hate to burst the bubble, but if you take Williams you will not be getting Harrison and probably not Nabers. You may possibly get Odunze or Coleman though.
You're probably right. It's probably Odunze at 1.10 or wherever. If we stay at 1.01 we aren't trading down and getting ammo to trade back up and get Harrison or whoever.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:44 pm

Sriracha wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:35 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:08 pm

He hasn't been the same. IDK if it's 100% him or 50/50 with Fields. I guess if we draft Williams we'll see, right? But I really think if they do take Caleb, and I think they will, they will draft ONE of Harrison, Nabers, or Odzune. And if that makes Mooney WR3, that's not a bad thing. The rest of the WRs are scrubs. Also, Bowers with Kmet? Terrible for fantasy, but great for the team.
Hate to burst the bubble, but if you take Williams you will not be getting Harrison and probably not Nabers. You may possibly get Odunze or Coleman though.
Odunze is being mocked higher than Nabers by multiple analysts. We'll see how things shake out later in the year but I'd rather pair Odunze with DJ Moore than Nabers, anyway.

It's a huge overreaction to think that you need to invest in a top flight WR prospect just to upgrade your WR2 spot. Regardless of who the QB is DJ Moore is a true #1 and the depth in this class is pretty remarkable.
I've said I'd LOVE to get MHJ but I do think it's nearly ESSENTIAL to get ONE Of Harrison, Nabers, or Odunze. Those three seem to be the cream of the crop at WR.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:14 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:44 pm

Odunze is being mocked higher than Nabers by multiple analysts. We'll see how things shake out later in the year but I'd rather pair Odunze with DJ Moore than Nabers, anyway.

It's a huge overreaction to think that you need to invest in a top flight WR prospect just to upgrade your WR2 spot. Regardless of who the QB is DJ Moore is a true #1 and the depth in this class is pretty remarkable.
I've said I'd LOVE to get MHJ but I do think it's nearly ESSENTIAL to get ONE Of Harrison, Nabers, or Odunze. Those three seem to be the cream of the crop at WR.
I think a much easier path to consider would be free agency. Higgins would be a good fit opposite to DJM, but there's some other options too that would allow the Bears to fill other holes.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:30 pm

CGW wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:14 pm

I think a much easier path to consider would be free agency. Higgins would be a good fit opposite to DJM, but there's some other options too that would allow the Bears to fill other holes.
I'm not against that. I guess the concept I like is drafting an elite rookie QB with an elite rookie WR. They can grow and win together.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:30 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:30 pm

I'm not against that. I guess the concept I like is drafting an elite rookie QB with an elite rookie WR. They can grow and win together.
Doesn't have to use two top 10 picks though.
Bengals did this in 2020 when they drafted Burrow in round 1 and Higgins in round 2.

Then took Chase the following year, 2021.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:51 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:30 pm

Bengals did this in 2020 when they drafted Burrow in round 1 and Higgins in round 2.

No, but I like those three WRs. Who would you take at 10 instead of a WR? LT? DE? Something else?
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:56 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:51 pm

No, but I like those three WRs. Who would you take at 10 instead of a WR? LT? DE? Something else?
I get that fantasy players value fantasy players over non-fantasy players, And WR is a need for the Bears, but Edge rusher and CB are also needs for Chicago.

I think Odunze as a top 10 pick but is a slight of a reach at 10.
I think Odunze is borderline top 15, but a slight reach at 10.
However, many teams reach every year too.
Lions reached on Gibbs at 12 last year, and that seems to have paid off for them.

If Laiata Latu is still on the board, I could not see the Bears passing on him.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:56 pm

I get that fantasy players value fantasy players over non-fantasy players, And WR is a need for the Bears, but Edge rusher and CB are also needs for Chicago.

Lions reached on Gibbs at 12 last year, and that seems to have paid off for them.

Those are all sensible comments. LOL. I like Latu at 10 as well. My concern is that whoever is QB—Fields or Williams—we need to upgrade our WRs. And I think those top three are pretty elite. Fashanu is a LT I hear a lot but he probably won't be there at 10 either. Or Joe Alt. I've also heard Dallas Tuner with Latu as an edge pick there.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:04 am

Let's look at this quote from an anonymous D Coordinator:

“If he has to pass to win the game, they ain’t winning the game,” the anonymous coordinator told The Athletic. “He’s so unique as an athlete and he’s really a good football player, but I don’t (care) if he wins the league MVP 12 times, I don’t think he’ll ever be a 1 as a quarterback. He’ll be a 1 as a football player, but not as a quarterback. So many games come down to two-minute, and that is why they have a hard time advancing even when they are good on defense. Playoffs are tight. You have to be able to throw the ball, and he is just so inconsistent throwing the ball. It is hit or miss.”

Oh...

...He's not talking about Fields, he's talking about Lamar Jackson?

Anyway, I'm not saying Fields is Lamar Jackson, but this IS from two offseasons ago when everyone was questioning Lamar. The ole, "He's a good athlete, but can't throw."... I'd say the Ravens added some talent around him and we're seeing it pay dividends and Jackson has improved! He'll likely win the MVP this year.

It isn't impossible, and actually is QUITE possible. Fields has the skills. We gave him a WR to throw to this year other than Mooney and Equinimious St Brown and Co. and he improved. As has been said, maybe we can add one more defensive piece, as our D has really started to ball. Give Fields another target or two and better protection... I can see him thriving.
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:13 am

"It isn't impossible, and actually is QUITE possible. Fields has the skills. We gave him a WR to throw to this year other than Mooney and Equinimious St Brown and Co. and he improved. As has been said, maybe we can add one more defensive piece, as our D has really started to ball. Give Fields another target or two and better protection... I can see him thriving."

This is where I struggle. And I THINK I'd be okay with keeping Fields if they trade out, get a haul and nail down Harrison/Nabers/Odunze, Edge, LT, C and really put pieces around him. He's fun to watch. He's frustrating to watch. But he's not boring.

If we take Williams and move Fields it's the exact same plan for me with WR, Edge, LT, C and we'd have some extra capital to work with. Say a 2nd, 4th, and 6th. IDK.

Either way I'm curious to see where it goes. Either way people will be upset.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:15 am

Spoiler: Bears will be fighting for 3rd in the division no matter who they draft

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:17 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:15 am Spoiler: Bears will be fighting for 3rd in the division no matter who they draft
LOL we'll see. Current standings:

Lions 11-5 but feels a bit like smoke and mirrors to me
Packers 8-8 Love is playing very well, would love to beat them this week
Vikkings 7-9 but Cousins is out
Bears 7-9 but had THREE games they could/should have won (10-6?)

I said they wouldn't be LAST this year, and there's still a chance LOL.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:25 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 am
MacDaddy123 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:56 pm

Those are all sensible comments. LOL. I like Latu at 10 as well. My concern is that whoever is QB—Fields or Williams—we need to upgrade our WRs. And I think those top three are pretty elite. Fashanu is a LT I hear a lot but he probably won't be there at 10 either. Or Joe Alt. I've also heard Dallas Tuner with Latu as an edge pick there.
I really think the Bears are not going to wait until the draft to upgrade at WR. The draft is so unpredictable and WR is such a huge need for the Bears that they won't take any chances. I think Higgins gets frachise tagged and probably Pittman too. That leaves Mike Evans, Calvin Ridley, Marquise Brown, and Gabe Davis as possible WR2 signings before the draft. Any of those would be a pretty substantial upgrade over how Mooney has been playing this year. I also really really think Tyler Boyd will be the WR3 for the Bears next year to replace St Brown...It just makes too much sense in terms of what Eberflus seems to want from his WR3. Boyd is a great blocker and would be a pretty decent upgrade over St Brown as a receiver. Now, they still might draft one of those top 3 WR's even if they sign a top FA, but I also think people mocking for the Bears are sleeping on Jer Zhan Newton with their 2nd pick. The Bears don't have an obvious need on the interior defensive line so likely won't spend big there in free agency, but Eberflus/Poles have both talked extensively about the need to have a dominant 3-tech and Newton is the perfect prospect for what they want out of the position. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the Bears trade back from 1st overall after upgrading WR and O-line in FA and end up drafting Latu and Newton with their first round picks and the fans/media blowing a gasket for again spending draft capital on the defensive side of the ball.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:29 am

Why do the Lions feel fake? They have had a top 5 offense the past 2 years and keep adding more young, Elite weapons. ARSB, Laporta and Gibbs is a solid trio for the future. Throw in Jamo and Monty as well. Top 5 offense is something they haven't had since Calvin and they only were top 10 once with him.

Take a guess when the last time Chicago was top 5 in offense yards

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:41 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:29 am Why do the Lions feel fake? They have had a top 5 offense the past 2 years and keep adding more young, Elite weapons. ARSB, Laporta and Gibbs is a solid trio for the future. Throw in Jamo and Monty as well. Top 5 offense is something they haven't had since Calvin and they only were top 10 once with him.

Take a guess when the last time Chicago was top 5 in offense yards
Is the answer never? It feels like never.