Is CeeDee Lamb being over-valued right now as WR3 in Dynasty startups?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Is CeeDee Lamb being over-valued right now as WR3 in Dynasty startups?

Postby Mike11 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:39 pm

Mike11 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:36 pm
murphysxm wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:20 pm I have shifted my philosophy of "dynasty rankings" for WR's. There are about 10 WR's I think could be WR1 in any given year. About 5 that I expect to be fighting for top 3 if healthy for the foreseeable future. I would rather acquire the ones that are the lowest cost. For example, I think Lamb is more valuable than ARSB, but the acquisition costs make me target ARSB if given the choice.
I generally agree on that especially since now isn't a good time to buy Lamb for reference. I do think 3 weeks ago Lamb and ARSB would've been worth a similar amount and not cost nearly as much to tier up but who knows how the owners view them.
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:51 am
Mike11 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:54 am
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:30 am

It used to be mainly about Burrow, but I've had Lamb in the top group for a bit. Personally, I don't see much gap between JJ, Chase, Lamb, AJB, ARSB, Wilson, Olave, etc etc. Sure you can have preferences, but most of these guys are all liable to have blow up games and all have strong floors. Situations may change but I view these guys as elite no matter their team and would not spend much of anything to move from one to the other. Getting into this Elite WR tier is a different story. I'm always trying to upgrade the DK and Tee types when possible
I hear you but definitely don't think they're interchangeable after JJ/Chase/Lamb. As per usual these guys values will always fluctuate but Olave hasn't done enough to be considered even close to those big 3 and Wilson has shown flashes but again - if you had Lamb/Chase/JJ you're going to need a mid first+ on top of those guys to move off them. That's a clear tier gap even if ranking wise I agree with your list mostly. I think Amon Ra has shown enough with age to be ahead of AJB too but that's a nit pick.
My point wasn't about value, but them all being elite talents who could all outscore each other any given week. Obviously Chase is worth more than Olave. My point is, are you really helping your team by giving up Olave+++ for Chase? In most cases, I'd venture no. Any of these guys can get banged up at the wrong time or have their situation around them change in the blink of an eye. Any of these guys could go for 30 any given week, you just need to have enough of them. Speculating on WR2 vs 3 vs 4 is silly. It's never going to work out that way through a whole season and then by the next season, people are ready to do it all again
That's fair but Olave and Wilson (who I both like and own in multiple spots) don't really go for 30 and ARSB (who is also a beast) hasn't had a 30 point game in PPR (but has had 25+ twice so this is more just semantics). I do think the tier of 3 gives you a tangible advantage on the likelihood of blowup games you face. AJB had some massive weeks generally early too so I do get your point maybe I'm just not quite their on my assessment.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst