All Things Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: All Things Bears

Postby mild » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:52 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:06 am He's not worth a top 12 pick. His contract is prohibitive, and the Bears don't have leverage. Early 2nd, late first at most. At most. I can't see that TBH. I think a 2nd is much more realistic.
His contract is not prohibitive in the slightest.

He counts a mere 6 million against the cap in 2024, or, if you prefer: "1/7th of a Daniel Jones"

The 2025 option is currently estimated at 23 million. Or, if you prefer: "1/2 a Daniel Jones"

The Bears have until May to exercise that option. My sense is that any acquiring team will make sure it's exercised, to give themselves leverage in case Fields has a big year when placed in a system with more weapons and better offensive coaching.
See: 2022 Daniel Jones.

Just shy of 30 million for 2 years of contract-controlled Justin Fields is pretty good business, actually. Daniel Jones!

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:43 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:52 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:06 am He's not worth a top 12 pick. His contract is prohibitive, and the Bears don't have leverage. Early 2nd, late first at most. At most. I can't see that TBH. I think a 2nd is much more realistic.
His contract is not prohibitive in the slightest.

He counts a mere 6 million against the cap in 2024, or, if you prefer: "1/7th of a Daniel Jones"

The 2025 option is currently estimated at 23 million. Or, if you prefer: "1/2 a Daniel Jones"

The Bears have until May to exercise that option. My sense is that any acquiring team will make sure it's exercised, to give themselves leverage in case Fields has a big year when placed in a system with more weapons and better offensive coaching.
See: 2022 Daniel Jones.

Just shy of 30 million for 2 years of contract-controlled Justin Fields is pretty good business, actually. Daniel Jones!
Correct. I think they keep Fields, trade back and get Harrison/Nabers/Bowers/LT/DE/C.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:12 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:57 pmMooney has faded.
he's third read for a guy that looks at dj moore and then takes off. sometimes he sees kmet because he's close by and big. everyone else is there just to mildly occupy a DB.

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:21 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:12 am
he's third read for a guy that looks at dj moore and then takes off. sometimes he sees kmet because he's close by and big. everyone else is there just to mildly occupy a DB.
It's really not just that. Since injuring the ankle last year Mooney looks noticeably slower on the field and his cuts don't look as smooth. He really is not the same player he was in 2021. It's possible he comes back next year and gets back to form after another offseason of recovery, but I don't think I would bet on that. If you watch Bears games they really are not force feeding DJ Moore as much as the stats indicate...If anything given the obvious talent disparity between him and the rest of the receivers they should be forcing it to him more than they are.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:19 am

CubfanAA wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:21 am
It's really not just that. Since injuring the ankle last year Mooney looks noticeably slower on the field and his cuts don't look as smooth. He really is not the same player he was in 2021. It's possible he comes back next year and gets back to form after another offseason of recovery, but I don't think I would bet on that. If you watch Bears games they really are not force feeding DJ Moore as much as the stats indicate...If anything given the obvious talent disparity between him and the rest of the receivers they should be forcing it to him more than they are.
like i'd let facts get in the way of yet another shot at fields...

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:25 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:19 am
CubfanAA wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:21 am

like i'd let facts get in the way of yet another shot at fields...

There is talk the Bears could use pick #2 in the first to get another premier WR. it's great having talent like that, but if we dont have a QB that can go thru progressions before taking off and running like Techmo Bowl then it's a waste. I love Fields but sadly he is missing this progression piece for me. If CW has that skillset already, then i would think the answer is obvious to what they do draft day
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:46 am

It'll be interesting to see if we take Williams/Maye and then Harrison/Nabers/Odunze or keep fields and trade back, and get at least one of those WRs. I honestly don't know how I feel about either move.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:53 am

Is trading Williams for a king's ransom worth it if you still don't have a franchise QB? I don't think it is, and that's what you're effectively doing.

If you're trading back, I think you have to make sure you can get Maye at least. Otherwise, why are you continuing to build around someone who isn't clearly a franchise QB and needs a new contract soon?

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:56 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:53 am Is trading Williams for a king's ransom worth it if you still don't have a franchise QB? I don't think it is, and that's what you're effectively doing.

If you're trading back, I think you have to make sure you can get Maye at least. Otherwise, why are you continuing to build around someone who isn't clearly a franchise QB and needs a new contract soon?
Exactly what I think. If you still aren’t sure if Fields is the guy after 3 years…chances are he’s not. Time to move on when you’re in this position.

Now maybe the Bears org are sure he is, I don’t know. But the whole give him one more year to see makes no sense to me at this point.

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:18 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:46 am It'll be interesting to see if we take Williams/Maye and then Harrison/Nabers/Odunze or keep fields and trade back, and get at least one of those WRs. I honestly don't know how I feel about either move.
I think there is a good chance the Bears end up with something like Mike Evans and Tyler Boyd in free agency and all the WR draft talk dies way down. If Poles wants to keep his GM job the Bears really need to win in 2024 and established good vet WR's will help either Fields OR a rookie a lot more than the rookie WR will. IF I was an NFL GM on the hotseat for the Bears I would spend all the FA cap space on WR's, Connor Williams and Robert Hunt to shore up the offense. That would leave a lot of flexibility in the draft.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:56 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:53 am Is trading Williams for a king's ransom worth it if you still don't have a franchise QB? I don't think it is, and that's what you're effectively doing.

I'm leaning this way more and more. I'm trying to figure out if Fields having Harrison/Nabers would make a difference. It's really a matter of if Williams is really the man, and whether the Bears will screw him up, too.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:56 am

Bears in the top 10 among their positions:
Jaylon Johnson (CB2)
Montez Sweat (DE4)
Khari Blasingame (FB6)
Teven Jenkins (OG4)
TJ Edwards (ILB 4)
Cairo Santos (K3)
Justin Fields (QB10)
Jaquan Brisker (SS3)
Darnell Wright (OT9)
Cole Kmet (TE6)
DJ Moore (WR6)
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:35 pm

If a team comes along and offers a boatload for the #1, i think you have to consider it, especially if that team is the titans. they are going to be bad for a few years.. get their 1st this year, plus the next two. you could end up with the #1 again next year, or at least a top 3.

Build the team and if the growth doesn't continue, you have a ton of draft capital to move up next year or the year after without mortgaging the future.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:59 pm

81- wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:35 pm If a team comes along and offers a boatload for the #1, i think you have to consider it, especially if that team is the titans. they are going to be bad for a few years.. get their 1st this year, plus the next two. you could end up with the #1 again next year, or at least a top 3.

Build the team and if the growth doesn't continue, you have a ton of draft capital to move up next year or the year after without mortgaging the future.
While I agree you can entertain the offer and try to speed up the rebuilding process...who are you taking next year instead of CW this year?

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:43 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:56 am

Exactly what I think. If you still aren’t sure if Fields is the guy after 3 years…chances are he’s not. Time to move on when you’re in this position.

Now maybe the Bears org are sure he is, I don’t know. But the whole give him one more year to see makes no sense to me at this point.
In scientific terms this is called “The Daniel Jones Purgatory Scenario”