2023 Week 15

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2023 Week 15

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:08 pm

abloom wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:03 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:01 pm There's no way we're benching Majomes, ever, right?
I "benched" him this week in bye. I had browning and Stafford going. I will be playing him next week with the matchups.
I wish I benched him this week for Goff! Imagine saying that at any point in the last half-decade and it not being a ludicrous statement...
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:32 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:01 pm There's no way we're benching Majomes, ever, right?
I benched him this week in a first round playoff game and watched him score 0.14 points more than Lamar Jackson who I did start! I still think it was the right move and depending on the matchups may do it again there

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:43 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:23 pm
BlackOmega wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:58 pm Pittman now out with a concussion, not a real surprise considering the hit
That was tough. Feel bad for Pittman. Kazee, too. Wasn't dirty. Unfortunate, the ball was a bit overthrown, and Pittman layed out, he was already engaged in the breakup, really nothing he could do. He used his shoulder, and that was once a clean football hit. So tough to play D now. He was in great position, to breakup a pass. Just one of those things, in this game. Hope Pittman is OK.
Apparently the league pegged it as a dirty hit as they suspended Kazee for the rest of the season "for violating playing rules intended to protect the health and safety of players." Tough break for the Steelers

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:55 pm

BlackOmega wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:43 pm
BlackOmega wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:58 pm Pittman now out with a concussion, not a real surprise considering the hit
That was tough. Feel bad for Pittman. Kazee, too. Wasn't dirty. Unfortunate, the ball was a bit overthrown, and Pittman layed out, he was already engaged in the breakup, really nothing he could do. He used his shoulder, and that was once a clean football hit. So tough to play D now. He was in great position, to breakup a pass. Just one of those things, in this game. Hope Pittman is OK.
Apparently the league pegged it as a dirty hit as they suspended Kazee for the rest of the season "for violating playing rules intended to protect the health and safety of players." Tough break for the Steelers
They should go back to leather helmets.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:58 pm

JoeJoe88 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:18 am Who needs what tonight to stay alive?

Fortunately I had a bye in two leagues, but in the other tonight I need 18 out of Geno/Lock and Metcalf. Full PPR, 4 point passings tds.

I should get it, but you just never know. I’ll feel better if Geno is back there.
Good luck! It looks like Geno is active, but the team was saying he was a "long shot" to play this morning. Apparently he went through warmups and they decided he could give it a go.

I just hope he's able to finish the game. Looks like he'll start, but he's not 100%.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:13 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:58 pm

Fortunately I had a bye in two leagues, but in the other tonight I need 18 out of Geno/Lock and Metcalf. Full PPR, 4 point passings tds.

I should get it, but you just never know. I’ll feel better if Geno is back there.
Good luck! It looks like Geno is active, but the team was saying he was a "long shot" to play this morning. Apparently he went through warmups and they decided he could give it a go.

I just hope he's able to finish the game. Looks like he'll start, but he's not 100%.
And that's always a killer, at this point you have to start him and hope he finishes the game, if he's only really half speed and may not finish I'd rather have him sit and I'd roll with Lock instead, at least I have a decent lead where I have to start him

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:27 pm

No
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:53 pm

BlackOmega wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:13 pm

And that's always a killer, at this point you have to start him and hope he finishes the game, if he's only really half speed and may not finish I'd rather have him sit and I'd roll with Lock instead, at least I have a decent lead where I have to start him
This is getting messy, Lock is taking all the practice reps and Smith isn't on the field right now, for those having to make a choice better stay near the computer right until the last second!

E2A: sounds like Lock will start and Geno will back him up as he's not fully healthy but could help in a pinch

E2A{again}: Lock will be the starter

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:07 pm

BlackOmega wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:53 pm
BlackOmega wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:13 pm

This is getting messy, Lock is taking all the practice reps and Smith isn't on the field right now, for those having to make a choice better stay near the computer right until the last second!

E2A: sounds like Lock will start and Geno will back him up as he's not fully healthy but could help in a pinch

E2A{again}: Lock will be the starter
Yep. Was going to hop on to say that just in case people were waffling. Really weird development! Geno active, but starting the healthier Lock (probably the right call). Geno could play in a pinch, but I wouldn't expect to see him out there. At least for those who start Lock, that would suck if for some reason they decided to play Geno in the 2nd half.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:54 pm

I think it was a bad hit. Deserving on year suspension? I dont think so unless there are other infractions that i'm unaware of. This type of hit is not just due to the defender though, its due to the QB. The overall drop in QB play makes these hits happen more, good QBs throw balls to protect their WRs. Bad qbs make their WRs layout and increase risk of injury.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:16 pm

abloom wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:54 pm

I think it was a bad hit. Deserving on year suspension? I dont think so unless there are other infractions that i'm unaware of. This type of hit is not just due to the defender though, its due to the QB. The overall drop in QB play makes these hits happen more, good QBs throw balls to protect their WRs. Bad qbs make their WRs layout and increase risk of injury.
They did cite a tendency on Kazee
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:22 pm

yinzername wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:16 pm

They did cite a tendency on Kazee
In that case, thats on him. players who routinely risk and cause injury to others should not be in the league.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:40 pm

I don't see an issue with the hit, as the didn't really have the time needed to stop, he led with the shoulder, but the dive sort of took Pittman into a worse hit (near the neck). By the rules, it's illegal, but I personally don't understand what Kazee is supposed to do, once he's committed on his angle to make the hit, it's too late once Pittman dives, changing the angle. The ball placement was the reason Pittman got hit where he did, but the league suspended him for multiple infractions. It wasn't a suspension solely based on the Pittman hit.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:44 pm

Having my hopes pinned on Drew Lock getting the ball to DK, and leading drives that give KW some chance to score, isn't a good ride.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:44 pm Having my hopes pinned on Drew Lock getting the ball to DK, and leading drives that give KW some chance to score, isn't a good ride.
All you had to do was ask it seems
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker