Jameson Williams Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Jameson Williams Thread

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:06 am

The guy has yet to catch more than two passes in a game this year. He’s only cleared 3 targets once (and managed to catch 0 that game). Of course he will catch a TD from time to time just like any other random player in the league. I’ve not seen anything yet to revive the hope I had for him prior to his rookie season.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:06 am

frerichs5 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:06 am The guy has yet to catch more than two passes in a game this year. He’s only cleared 3 targets once (and managed to catch 0 that game). Of course he will catch a TD from time to time just like any other random player in the league. I’ve not seen anything yet to revive the hope I had for him prior to his rookie season.
He's played 12 games in 2 years, and has 11 catches, on 29 targets.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:22 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:06 am
frerichs5 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:06 am The guy has yet to catch more than two passes in a game this year. He’s only cleared 3 targets once (and managed to catch 0 that game). Of course he will catch a TD from time to time just like any other random player in the league. I’ve not seen anything yet to revive the hope I had for him prior to his rookie season.
That's a must-have player right there!
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:47 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:06 am
I was so sure this kid was going to transfer well to the next level, with my only concern being that he wouldn’t be used well and be doomed to running nothing but flies and skinny posts. Had no idea that he had so many head issues, starting with but hardly limited to concentrating enough to catch the ball. Big big miss.

Peener
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Peener » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:56 am

Anything to be said about him seeing a gradual increase in snap %? I decided to hold onto one of the shares I had on that outside chance he turns it around.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:57 am

I shoulda seen it coming.... That year he had in college had me dreaming of the potential, but turns out he too was facing mostly future accountants and insurance salesmen.

I've only hung onto one share of him, but at this point I'd settle for useful real life player for the Lions' sake.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:58 am

Peener wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:56 am Anything to be said about him seeing a gradual increase in snap %? I decided to hold onto one of the shares I had on that outside chance he turns it around.
I mean, that's definitely something from a real life viewpoint. The Lions need a downfield threat to take the top off for ARSB and LaPorta. For fantasy, I'm not sure it means much yet.

Peener
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Peener » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:02 am

CGW wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:58 am
Peener wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:56 am Anything to be said about him seeing a gradual increase in snap %? I decided to hold onto one of the shares I had on that outside chance he turns it around.
I mean, that's definitely something from a real life viewpoint. The Lions need a downfield threat to take the top off for ARSB and LaPorta. For fantasy, I'm not sure it means much yet.
Fair, hopefully the TD & increased usage can give him a confidence boost at least.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:35 pm

CGW wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:57 am I shoulda seen it coming.... That year he had in college had me dreaming of the potential, but turns out he too was facing mostly future accountants and insurance salesmen.

I've only hung onto one share of him, but at this point I'd settle for useful real life player for the Lions' sake.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What is dead may never die. Valar morghulis!

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:11 am

I thought he looked pretty good today. He's getting more involved in the offense. Made some tough catches. Gives hope for the future.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:31 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:11 am I thought he looked pretty good today. He's getting more involved in the offense. Made some tough catches. Gives hope for the future.
If he keeps this upward trend he could be up to 10 catches/game in about 4 seasons
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:28 am

Goff's ceiling type game, and was 4/47. We're 2 years in and you can't even start the guy, for FF still. He's a real life piece to an offense, but not a FF option.

16 games played in his career, now. Basically a full season. He has 18 catches.

You've got ARSB and Laporta who aren't going anywhere, and Gibbs. He's 4th, at best, in the pecking order. Real life asset to the offense, clearing out safeties etc. The occasional big play, but as a weekly FF play, you're not likely to ever get there.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:55 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:28 am He's a real life piece to an offense, but not a FF option.
I think this is pretty heavy handed this early. He is not the fantasy upside WR that many drafted last year. But, he is showing growth and I do see a role in this offense. His ceiling is not what it once was, but I see him being a FF option long term.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

fleaflickerchamp
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fleaflickerchamp » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:58 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:55 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:28 am He's a real life piece to an offense, but not a FF option.
I think this is pretty heavy handed this early. He is not the fantasy upside WR that many drafted last year. But, he is showing growth and I do see a role in this offense. His ceiling is not what it once was, but I see him being a FF option long term.
100p, Carving out a valuable role on the team will bring longevity and changing opportunities that no one can foresee. And the talent that he brings as a deep threat will only make those opportunities more available. I've seen him throw multiple big blocks downfield and would not have expected that type of player when he was coming out. But first things first if he doesn't fix those cement hands he's dead in the water as a good FF option.
10 team PPR 2 QB, 2RB,3WR,TE,2F,DE,LB,S,7BENCH,4TAXI, IR(Only Keep 15 in bold)
QB: Burrow, Tua, Baker , Mac, Browning
RB: Walker, Mondre, R. White, R. Johnson, Herbert
WR: Olave, Pittman, Meyers, Downs, Jameson Williams, Shaheed, W. Robinson, Noah Brown
TE: Goedert, Pitts
DE:Bosa
LB:Wagner
S:Hamilton
2024: 1.01,1.02,2.01,4.01,5.01
2025: 1st, 2nd, 2 3rds, 4th, 5th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:22 pm

fleaflickerchamp wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:58 pm
murphysxm wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:55 am
100p, Carving out a valuable role on the team will bring longevity and changing opportunities that no one can foresee. And the talent that he brings as a deep threat will only make those opportunities more available. I've seen him throw multiple big blocks downfield and would not have expected that type of player when he was coming out. But first things first if he doesn't fix those cement hands he's dead in the water as a good FF option.
ARSB, Gibbs and Laporta aren't going anywhere, so there's limitations. What I'm saying is, he's 2 years almost done, isn't a guy you can start, and 3 legit, top end talents ahead of him in target order. Maybe that changes, but it's a difficult reality to overcome for FF. He's really not that good a route runner, and it's deep routes and LOS type stuff, going into year 3, so the targets he gets are very specific, and again, the talent around him are all much more likely to get volume.

Maybe some day he'll be better in your lineup, than out, on a regular basis, but that hasn't happened through 2 years, and there's still a ton of hurdles for it to actually materialize.