Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

Postby mild » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:46 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:36 pm Now, Nabers vs Bowers is a legitimate beef.
Nabors without a second thought, for me.

Unsurprising, I know.

He's closer to Marv than he is to Odunze, imo.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:59 pm

mild wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:46 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:36 pm Now, Nabers vs Bowers is a legitimate beef.

Unsurprising, I know.

Yep.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:01 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:29 pm Lazy analysis, but how many late declare WRs from the Pac 12 actually panned out?

I don't think I'd hesitate to take Bowers over Odunze. Odunze doesn't strike me as special as the moment.
He's still technically a junior, and will be 21 when he's drafted. What constitutes a "late" declare?
Janiel Dones Truther

ButtFumbleCity
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ButtFumbleCity » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:22 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:01 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:29 pm Lazy analysis, but how many late declare WRs from the Pac 12 actually panned out?

I don't think I'd hesitate to take Bowers over Odunze. Odunze doesn't strike me as special as the moment.
He's still technically a junior, and will be 21 when he's drafted. What constitutes a "late" declare?
I feel like if true seniors are considered late declares then RS juniors should be as well since they're both in school for 4 years. Not sure if that's the case or not.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:25 pm

ButtFumbleCity wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:22 pm

I feel like if true seniors are considered late declares then RS juniors should be as well since they're both in school for 4 years. Not sure if that's the case or not.
Yeah, agreed. I care more about their age markers of production. Odunze isn't old, he's the same age( younger, actually) as MHJ.
Janiel Dones Truther

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:59 pm

I'm curious to see what Penix/Odunze can do against Texas in the playoffs.

Longhorns strength is in run defense, and that's not where the Huskies thrive. If the UW duo can dominate and Odunze shows out, we'll see what happens with his draft stock. This is going to be a fun class to evaluate IMO.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:01 pm

Historically Senior declares have been significantly less likely to hit than (R) Juniors despite them both being 4 year players. Might have something to do with the fact that forgoing your last year of eligibility usually means you were given a favorable predraft grade instead of entering because you literally can't play CFB anymore.

But, again, we're in the midst of a very strange set of draft classes compared to historical precedence so either the "late" declare moniker is no longer the red flag it once was or COVID year has thrown something off.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:21 am

Sriracha wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:01 pm

Historically Senior declares have been significantly less likely to hit than (R) Juniors despite them both being 4 year players. Might have something to do with the fact that forgoing your last year of eligibility usually means you were given a favorable predraft grade instead of entering because you literally can't play CFB anymore.

But, again, we're in the midst of a very strange set of draft classes compared to historical precedence so either the "late" declare moniker is no longer the red flag it once was or COVID year has thrown something off.
Covid, transfer portal, NIL have all had (or are having) impact.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:03 am

Where are y'all on Egbuka these days? More and more mocks are pushing him to day two (including the latest ESPN one). I guess I was too high on him coming in to the season. But it seems like he's being punished for his injury more than he should be. If he slips to day two, I think his NFL team will be getting a steal and dynasty managers may also get a steal. He's very polished - kind of like Olave when he came out of OSU.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:58 am

tstafford wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:03 am Where are y'all on Egbuka these days? More and more mocks are pushing him to day two (including the latest ESPN one). I guess I was too high on him coming in to the season. But it seems like he's being punished for his injury more than he should be. If he slips to day two, I think his NFL team will be getting a steal and dynasty managers may also get a steal. He's very polished - kind of like Olave when he came out of OSU.
I'd be ecstatic to get him at 1.08 in a single QB
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

ButtFumbleCity
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ButtFumbleCity » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:44 am

tstafford wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:03 am Where are y'all on Egbuka these days? More and more mocks are pushing him to day two (including the latest ESPN one). I guess I was too high on him coming in to the season. But it seems like he's being punished for his injury more than he should be. If he slips to day two, I think his NFL team will be getting a steal and dynasty managers may also get a steal. He's very polished - kind of like Olave when he came out of OSU.
He's playing in the bowl game and it sounds like there's a just chance he returns to school. He's a tough evaluation because he was injured and McCord was locked onto MHJ but I'd probably take him with a late 1st.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:26 am

I don't think that's the case. Remember, JSN still went first round despite his hamstring injury forcing him to basically miss the entire season. So, even if you're injured, teams will still give you the benefit of the doubt if they think your tape is great. I think Egbuka is still a late second round WR at worst, but he's not the same caliber of prospect as Olave, Wilson or even JSN to me.

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:12 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:59 pm
mild wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:46 pm

Unsurprising, I know.

Yep.
Nabers by a mile for me and that is no disrespect toward Bowers. I think he’s essentially part of the T4 tier of players in a SF draft.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:53 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:26 am
I don't think that's the case. Remember, JSN still went first round despite his hamstring injury forcing him to basically miss the entire season. So, even if you're injured, teams will still give you the benefit of the doubt if they think your tape is great. I think Egbuka is still a late second round WR at worst, but he's not the same caliber of prospect as Olave, Wilson or even JSN to me.
Right. But it seems that Egbuka isn't getting the JSN benefit of the doubt. I don't really see what changed from '22 to '23 other than the injury and a year ago he was consistently projected as a top-20 NFL pick.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:09 am

tstafford wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:53 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:26 am
Right. But it seems that Egbuka isn't getting the JSN benefit of the doubt. I don't really see what changed from '22 to '23 other than the injury and a year ago he was consistently projected as a top-20 NFL pick.
Because he's not as good as JSN. Preseason projections are just that. Maybe some expected him to take a jump on top of his solid play last season and he wasn't able to for different reasons. I just haven't seen anything special about Egbuka to this point, though he's certainly at least a solid WR.