General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2023 week 14

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:40 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:23 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:02 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:48 pm Hill was a lot of the juice that made them dominant.
Agreed. Kelce is still savvy, but he's lost a bit physically, and teams have another year to game plan vs WR's that aren't good. I know they won a SB without Tyreek, but are we really going to pretend that him on that SB team would mean they wouldn't have? Considering how the Chiefs spent that money.....An overpaid tackle that they benched for a while, MVS etc.

Mahomes is a fantastic player, but he's not immune to the talent around him, like any other.
Now let’s just pump the brakes a little on the Mahomes adoration meeting. The truly great QBs made chicken salad out of chicken ****. They lifted otherwise very mediocre players with their play. Look at what Brady had to work with for years and still got it done. Favre made stars out of FBOC Antonio Freeman and Bill Schroeder. Those are a couple of examples.

If you’re saying that Mahomes requires stud receivers to make their offense elite, then maybe Mahomes isn’t the generational stud that he’s purported to be.
OMGosh, are you seriously questioning Mahomes’ greatness after all we’ve seen from him for 6 plus years? Give me a break, dude 😂
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:50 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:35 am I wouldn’t be shocked if they made it to the SB, simply because of how bad the AFC is.
I'll push back on this statement a touch. I don't think there is any question that the NFC has better top end teams, but the AFC is a much stronger conference top to bottom in my opinion.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:53 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:40 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:02 pm Agreed. Kelce is still savvy, but he's lost a bit physically, and teams have another year to game plan vs WR's that aren't good. I know they won a SB without Tyreek, but are we really going to pretend that him on that SB team would mean they wouldn't have? Considering how the Chiefs spent that money.....An overpaid tackle that they benched for a while, MVS etc.

Mahomes is a fantastic player, but he's not immune to the talent around him, like any other.
Now let’s just pump the brakes a little on the Mahomes adoration meeting. The truly great QBs made chicken salad out of chicken ****. They lifted otherwise very mediocre players with their play. Look at what Brady had to work with for years and still got it done. Favre made stars out of FBOC Antonio Freeman and Bill Schroeder. Those are a couple of examples.

If you’re saying that Mahomes requires stud receivers to make their offense elite, then maybe Mahomes isn’t the generational stud that he’s purported to be.
OMGosh, are you seriously questioning Mahomes’ greatness after all we’ve seen from him for 6 plus years? Give me a break, dude 😂
Don't question mahommes greatness, question Reid's. He's the most overrated coach. Play calling in games is questionable, time out management sucks, and he is bad as a GM.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:08 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:50 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:35 am I wouldn’t be shocked if they made it to the SB, simply because of how bad the AFC is.
I'll push back on this statement a touch. I don't think there is any question that the NFC has better top end teams, but the AFC is a much stronger conference top to bottom in my opinion.
:shock:

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:11 pm

abloom wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:53 am
Don't question mahommes greatness, question Reid's. He's the most overrated coach. Play calling in games is questionable, time out management sucks, and he is bad as a GM.
:lol:

Reid will go down as one of the best HC's of all time.

The guy wins with any QB you put under center, there. That's highly unusual.

Sure, he's got his warts but no one has done more with less for this extended of a time period.

Mahomes is definitely an amazing QB talent but this just goes to show you he can't do it alone. The team has surrounded him with WRs that can't function in an NFL offense. Skyy Moore and Toney are torpedoing this offense and while MVS still stretches the field his mental errors are also killing drives.

Replace those 2 with complete JAGs that just don't make mental errors and this offense would probably look a lot better.

I'd be clamoring for Justyn Ross to get some more playing time.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:22 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:50 am
I really didn't think this was a debate. The AFC is loaded. The NFC has 5 teams with a winning record

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:25 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:11 pm

Sure, he's got his warts but no one has done more with less for this extended of a time period.

Mahomes is definitely an amazing QB talent but this just goes to show you he can't do it alone. The team has surrounded him with WRs that can't function in an NFL offense. Skyy Moore and Toney are torpedoing this offense and while MVS still stretches the field his mental errors are also killing drives.

Replace those 2 with complete JAGs that just don't make mental errors and this offense would probably look a lot better.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:26 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:25 pm
Sriracha wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:11 pm

when it rains it pours :lol:

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:43 pm

Need 3 things tonight:

1. Will Levis under 62 points
2. Hill, Hopkins, & Henry (+13 point lead) beats Waddle & J Reed
3. Love, Achane, & Spears to outscore Barkley by 8

Those 3 things happen I will have a 3 way tie at 10-4, and I will get the bye based on points scored. Quite the comeback from a 1-3 start to the season.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:02 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:43 pm
1. Will Levis under 62 points
Tough break! No way he ends up under 65 points. Better luck next time!

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:11 pm

Reid = HOF coach/QB whisperer
Mahomes = HOF QB w/ GOAT potential
Kelce = HOF (GOAT?) TE but actively declining due to age

Every other weapon on that roster is mediocre at best in their current roles + Toney who has actively lost them two games this season alone (pretty impressive for a WR when you think about it). The Chiefs SB win last year tricked us into thinking they could do it with almost anyone out there. Elite Kelce masked that. Old Kelce can't mask it any longer.

I can't speak to their cap situation next year, but they've got to bring in WR talent fast. I'd like to blame poor drafting, but I was also fooled by Skyy. I liked (and still like) the Rice pick. It's not been enough. This squad needs a true WR1 now that Kelce is slipping. Let Rice be the WR2 and whoever the heck they can get as WR3.

Tee Higgins as the WR1 would be incredible. Seems unlikely, but he should be a priority target for KC if he comes available. They can't cheap out on the position anymore. Older guys like Adams or Evans would be nice, too. It's looking like a really nice WR free agent class this upcoming offseason. KC would likely have their pick of free agents looking to play for Mahomes, assuming they're willing to pay market rate.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:17 pm

At the end of the day, even great QBs need great talent and good coaching to play at an optimal level. Peyton, Brady, Brees, Favre....list goes on all played with elite weapons and had quality head coaches. When they were taken away, it was an adjustment.

Rashee Rice looks really promising. But the Chiefs need to find a talent who has a lot more upside to win those 1/1 matchups at will. That's the element Tyreek Hill brought that they haven't had since.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:30 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:17 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:40 am OMGosh, are you seriously questioning Mahomes’ greatness after all we’ve seen from him for 6 plus years? Give me a break, dude 😂
At the end of the day, even great QBs need great talent and good coaching to play at an optimal level. Peyton, Brady, Brees, Favre....list goes on all played with elite weapons and had quality head coaches. When they were taken away, it was an adjustment.

Rashee Rice looks really promising. But the Chiefs need to find a talent who has a lot more upside to win those 1/1 matchups at will. That's the element Tyreek Hill brought that they haven't had since.
Mahomes had one of his best seasons last year and won the Super Bowl with no Tyreek.

The problem is that Skyy Moore and Toney are playing more snaps and are killing this offense with mental errors.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:02 pm Agreed. Kelce is still savvy, but he's lost a bit physically, and teams have another year to game plan vs WR's that aren't good. I know they won a SB without Tyreek, but are we really going to pretend that him on that SB team would mean they wouldn't have? Considering how the Chiefs spent that money.....An overpaid tackle that they benched for a while, MVS etc.

Yeah I questioned him earlier this year when his attention was so split doing so many commercials and wondered about his attention to details in the offseason and caught a ration of crap for it. It’s looking like he bought into his own greatness and forgot the required attention to detail. It’s showing this season.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:27 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:30 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:17 pm

Mahomes had one of his best seasons last year and won the Super Bowl with no Tyreek.

The problem is that Skyy Moore and Toney are playing more snaps and are killing this offense with mental errors.
They could do it in the short-term, but it's problematic in the long-term. Plus, JuJu was at least passable last season as a secondary receiver. They 100% need that type of dynamic separation ability from someone going forward.