Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:24 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:11 pm Tons of reputable FF people saying he's been playing hurt all year, and he is definitely not moving the same, as pre-injury. All the routes are downfield, and the ones he's succeeding on, are outbreaking to the left (not cutting on the bad knee). Watching his film, he's clearly not moving the same.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear about him getting clean up surgery this off season.
Kind of funny, one of the reasons I wasn’t all in on Pitts was because of his height/bmi/lankiness injury concerns. I remember trying to decide in rookie drafts whether I take Pitts or take a QB and I remember worrying about Pitts injuries. Of course, injuries can happen to anyone…

The real question I guess is if this is something that can be fixed with time or another procedure, or is he damaged goods. Hard to say.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:59 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:09 pm I 100% regret taking Pitts 1.03 over Chase but hindsight in 20/20. There still is a chance Pitts turns into a solid TE1, but I don't think he is the next Kelce anymore. He looks awkward, lanky, and the opposite of LaPorta.
He didn't look that way when he was healthy, he looked super fluid, like a WR. As DD said, if all depends if he can get right. If he can, he's still super young, and can be a difference maker. 1000 yards as an early declare, rookie, is fantastic. The corpse of Matt Ryan, still had the brain of Matt Ryan. He was able to utilize Pitts. The QB problem is real. So is the injury thing, it seems. If both clear up, he's likely a top end NFL tight end for years, and I wasn't all that big on him coming out, but the way he looked as a rookie, was really something. Still only 23. He's a year young than Kincaid. Lots of time. I would be a lot more worried if he hadn't ever had a good season, but this season is about his floor, and his ceiling is definitely much higher.

Something to remember about Kelce, he didn't have his first 1000 yard season, until his 4th year (year 1 he didn't play), at the age of 27.

Again, it's 3 years in, and Pitts has one. I don't think he's Kelce, and Kelce had Reid his entire career, and Mahomes for half his career, which is an obvious benefit vs Pitts situation.

I'd hold, no sense trading him at this point if you've rostered him this long. I believe there will be better years ahead.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:53 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:09 pmI 100% regret taking Pitts 1.03 over Chase but hindsight in 20/20. There still is a chance Pitts turns into a solid TE1, but I don't think he is the next Kelce anymore. He looks awkward, lanky, and the opposite of LaPorta.
:clap:
Admitting it, is the first step toward recovery!
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:40 am

I now own him for the first time after trading what was the equivalent of an early to mid 2nd in SF. At that price, on a rebuilding squad, I'll take the gamble that he improves and/or gets a new situation down the road.

I haven't really watched him play much this year so can't say much for an injury, but let's hope he hasn't developed some arthritis in his knee from the MCL issue that's going to be an ongoing problem going forward.

RheinlandChief
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RheinlandChief » Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:39 am

He was my 1.10 Pick in the draft and right now, like a broken toy to me:
Won't give him away because I would not get a lot worth for him and also thinking, when he is repaired, he is fun again...

Thank the gods I drafted LaPorta so I'm in no hurry...
16-team Dynasty, 40 Roster, Half-PPR + IDP (QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R, DEF, K, IDP, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB)
QB: Mahomes
RB: Achane, Warren, Spears, McLaughlin, Brown,
WR: DJM, Jeudy, London, Pickens, Downs, Meyers, W. Robinson, Samuel, Tucker
TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Okonkwo, Otton
K: McLaughlin
DEF: Patriots, Bengals
DL: Garrett, Crosby, Hutchinson, Chase Young, J. Bosa, Tuipulotu
LB: Parsons, Bolton, Lloyd, Campbell, Byron Young
DB: Winfield, Pitre, Hufanga, Bland

Picks 2024: 1st, 2x 3rd, 2x 4th, 5th, 6th

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:14 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:09 pm I 100% regret taking Pitts 1.03 over Chase but hindsight in 20/20. There still is a chance Pitts turns into a solid TE1, but I don't think he is the next Kelce anymore. He looks awkward, lanky, and the opposite of LaPorta.
I moved both of my shares. Got what I needed before his value fell. Still considering Bowers at 1.04/1.05 in a TEP (2 PPR) league though LOL.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:49 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:14 am
I moved both of my shares. Got what I needed before his value fell. Still considering Bowers at 1.04/1.05 in a TEP (2 PPR) league though LOL.
And in a 2TEP you should. That's massive

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:08 am

CGW wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:49 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:14 am
And in a 2TEP you should. That's massive
And it's a 2TEP Superflex, so I feel good about getting one of Williams, Maye, Harrison, Bowers, or Nabers if I have the 1.05. We'll see who falls to me there and if I have the 1.04 or the 1.05.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

RheinlandChief
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RheinlandChief » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:58 am

Not sure about my share. People are not paying a lot for Pitts right now.
Maybe I can get two late 2nd-Rounders for him but I feel, that i would regret that... I still have hopes for my broken toy
16-team Dynasty, 40 Roster, Half-PPR + IDP (QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R, DEF, K, IDP, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:15 pm

RheinlandChief wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:58 am Not sure about my share. People are not paying a lot for Pitts right now.
Maybe I can get two late 2nd-Rounders for him but I feel, that i would regret that... I still have hopes for my broken toy
Yeah, like I said, there's still a lot of time for him. He has put up a top 5 season, with over 1000 yards, as a 21 year old.

AJB, Hock, DJM to a lesser extent, lots of players get a new situation with a team more willing to feature them, or just simply a QB upgrade, and bounce back.

I'd just hold. You're more likely to be upset by trading him for that, and then he starts living up to the hype again, than holding and he doesn't, and you missed out on 2 dart throws.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:26 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:15 pm
RheinlandChief wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:58 am Not sure about my share. People are not paying a lot for Pitts right now.
Yeah, like I said, there's still a lot of time for him. He has put up a top 5 season, with over 1000 yards, as a 21 year old.

AJB, Hock, DJM to a lesser extent, lots of players get a new situation with a team more willing to feature them, or just simply a QB upgrade, and bounce back.

I'd just hold. You're more likely to be upset by trading him for that, and then he starts living up to the hype again, than holding and he doesn't, and you missed out on 2 dart throws.
I would have held my shares if I didn't get good offers. Was able to move him and Pollard for Jacobs, Kamara, DJM, and Andrews in one league and for DAdams in another.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

RheinlandChief
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RheinlandChief » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:36 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:15 pm I'd just hold. You're more likely to be upset by trading him for that, and then he starts living up to the hype again, than holding and he doesn't, and you missed out on 2 dart throws.
yeah, that's exactly what I'm fearing.
Maybe ATL gets a new coach. Maybe Pitts is gonna get traded... who knows, right now?

But maybe it gets even worse. WOuld be sad to not be on the ride for that :biggrin: :crazy:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:17 am

RheinlandChief wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:36 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:15 pm I'd just hold. You're more likely to be upset by trading him for that, and then he starts living up to the hype again, than holding and he doesn't, and you missed out on 2 dart throws.
yeah, that's exactly what I'm fearing.
Maybe ATL gets a new coach. Maybe Pitts is gonna get traded... who knows, right now?

But maybe it gets even worse. WOuld be sad to not be on the ride for that :biggrin: :crazy:
Ridder is a terrible fit for what they are doing with Pitts. Pitts is being used as a deep threat, but not a red zone target.

He's number 1 in ADOT, number 2 in deep targets.

He's number 32 in Red Zone Targets.

He's number 31 in target quality rating, and number 35 in catchable target rate.

He's also number 1 in unrealized air yards. Ridder isn't good at hitting him downfield, and his role is so predictable, to D's, it kind of makes it harder, even if Ridder did have a good deep ball.

His target separation is really low, at number 37 , and his average cushion, is number 4.

Teams know they run him deep, and give him a big cushion, and the separation is low, due to predictability. They give him a cushion to account for his speed and don't care about short stuff, because they know he's likely getting run deep. It really takes away from the effectiveness of having Pitts as a deep threat if you don't also give his screens, and stuff around the LOS. They don't worry about it, because they know it's not coming, so they just give him 6 yards of cushion, knowing he's running a deeper route, and he doesn't get great separation.

Arthur Smith sucks. Does Pitts have flaws? Yes, but the usage is downright atrocious.

Bijan, London, and Pitts, have 9 total TD's this season, combined. In 12 games. 0.75 TD's a game from 3 top 10 picks.
Janiel Dones Truther

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:57 am

Is this the going price? I honestly have no idea what I'd pay for Pitts (who I don't have on any team). Seems like a tough piece to move. I wonder if Pitts or London carries more value right now.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:05 am

tstafford wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:57 am
Is this the going price? I honestly have no idea what I'd pay for Pitts (who I don't have on any team). Seems like a tough piece to move. I wonder if Pitts or London carries more value right now.
London for sure. He's still in the late 1st range. Pitts is down into the 2nd territory. (SF)