Rachaad White

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Rachaad White

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:13 am

Peener wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:51 am How are people feeling about his outlook for 2024? Still a sell?
If you're not contending, sell. Hold if you are, he's a top 10 back, he's a pure volume play, not a special talent, but he's got that backfield to himself, and down the stretch, that's what you want.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Peener
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Peener » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:43 am

I'm in a short retool where I plan to try to compete next year but someone is looking for an RB. I suppose it comes down to whether or not Tampa signs or drafts someone else, which I have no clue about.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:53 am

I'd still lean sell in the off-season if you can get a solid return. This is the type of backfield that could get messy. Very few RBs that are truly safe from the off-season.

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:09 am

Peener wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:43 am I'm in a short retool where I plan to try to compete next year but someone is looking for an RB. I suppose it comes down to whether or not Tampa signs or drafts someone else, which I have no clue about.
Tampa should have much bigger concerns to address through the draft than RB. White has been good this season. He’s an elite pass-catcher and he’s been running the ball better as of late as well.

Just my opinion, but I think his job as the teams RB1 is pretty safe for the foreseeable future.

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:10 am

I think this year was only a stepping stone year for White. Next year the Bucs will look to build on this year and he will break out. Why would they want to undermine their progress? With Evans aging and Godwin being a FA I think they have more pressing needs than another RB.
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:28 am

Two Cents wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:10 am I think this year was only a stepping stone year for White. Next year the Bucs will look to build on this year and he will break out. Why would they want to undermine their progress? With Evans aging and Godwin being a FA I think they have more pressing needs than another RB.
Agreed.

Also, I’ve watched quite a few Bucs game this season and I can assure you the line has done him little favors. Now, he does need to improve on his decisiveness when running. Too often he dances instead of just hitting the hole. But his running has certainly improved over the last few weeks. He’s averaging just a shade under 4 ypc for the season now.

Easy kid to root for, too. Read his story if you haven’t.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:36 am

Sean Tucker should be taking over any day now... :problem:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:47 am

JoeJoe88 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:28 am
Two Cents wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:10 am I think this year was only a stepping stone year for White. Next year the Bucs will look to build on this year and he will break out. Why would they want to undermine their progress? With Evans aging and Godwin being a FA I think they have more pressing needs than another RB.
Agreed.

Also, I’ve watched quite a few Bucs game this season and I can assure you the line has done him little favors. Now, he does need to improve on his decisiveness when running. Too often he dances instead of just hitting the hole. But his running has certainly improved over the last few weeks. He’s averaging just a shade under 4 ypc for the season now.

Going to be tough for him to break out if he loses more talent around him. He's already inefficient, if they lose Evans and/or Godwin, it will only make it tougher sledding. You look at what Barkley, who is a vastly superior talent, has to deal with this season, or what's happening to Breece, when teams don't have fear of a passing attack, and if White is in that type of situation, he'll have even worse efficiency.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:52 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:47 am
JoeJoe88 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:28 am
Agreed.

Going to be tough for him to break out if he loses more talent around him. He's already inefficient, if they lose Evans and/or Godwin, it will only make it tougher sledding. You look at what Barkley, who is a vastly superior talent, has to deal with this season, or what's happening to Breece, when teams don't have fear of a passing attack, and if White is in that type of situation, he'll have even worse efficiency.
Honestly might not be too hard to replace Godwin at this point. He’s been a shell of himself this season.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:04 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:13 am
Peener wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:51 am How are people feeling about his outlook for 2024? Still a sell?
If you're not contending, sell. Hold if you are, he's a top 10 back, he's a pure volume play, not a special talent, but he's got that backfield to himself, and down the stretch, that's what you want.
He's definitely a talented receiving back who excells in space.. and that's going to assure that he'll have a role in an offense for years to come even if it's just as a 3rd down back.

His rushing ability may or may not be replacement level -- it's very difficult to tell given how poor this O-line is runblocking and no RB is going to look good without it.

His 3.7 YPC on the year is nothing to write home about.. but it's 1.1 YPC higher than the next best RB, Chase Edmonds, who has a 2.6 YPC despite a career average of 4.4 with Keyshawn Vaughn (1.8) and Sean Tucker (1.5) fairing very poorly, as well.

What we do know is that:
- He has a workhorse body type at 6' 214lbs
- Has an elite 9.87 RAS while playing a position that heavily relies on athleticism
- Is getting workhorse useage.
- Is running the 2nd most routes among all RBs and is #2 among all NFL RBs in Yards created.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:03 pm

Love this guy and glad he's panned out

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:44 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:03 pm Love this guy and glad he's panned out
Agreed. On the team I'll get a bye for, I'm running White, K Williams, Monty, and Swift. A whole bunch of RBs no1 ever wanted. And here I am with one of the best RB rooms in the league

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:57 pm

Too bad Brady didn’t hang around one more year but Baker has been good for Rachaad by threatening all parts of the field to create space for underneath throws. Line needs to get better for anyone to produce as a runner but White has made strides there.

Likened him to Kamara lite coming out and thought he had a chance w/ Brady to be most productive back but then the Bucs o-line went to hell and Brady decided he didn’t like getting hit anymore so that plan fizzled. Nice rebound this year after they let Fat Lenny walk. Had him close to Breece & K9 coming out due to Brady being such a check down for RBs goldmine. Not near the runner talent of those two but superior receiver that should catch 60 plus balls each year and has size to be decent in lead runner role too. Don’t see him as a problem that needs immediate attention from Bucs brass but you never know what will happen. Baker , Big Mike & Godwin could all be gone next year