Williams and Maye

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Re: Williams and Maye

Postby TheTroll » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:10 am

tstafford wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:03 am
thebadferret wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:09 am Are we worried about landing spot?
to pick up 2 of your examples Mahmes and Herbert went into nearly perfect situations. Think about what Lawrence had to endure or is still enduring.
Herbert and Mahomes weren't the #1 pick so it makes sense they went to somewhat better situations. Neither was the elite level prospect that CW is. Obviously they've turned out great and anyone picking CW should be happy if he performs near their level.

On the other hand, Burrow was the #1 pick to a bad team and has faired just fine. Plus most everyone would have said Stroud went to a bad situation and it looks quite the opposite.

Long/short: I'm not worried about CW going to a bad situation in the way I think you mean it. Teams will do everything they can to make him successful and give him a lot of rope. Might take a few years.
Spot on. People don’t by a Ferrari if they intend to go off-roading. Any buyer of these guys has a specific purpose and plan in mind. With that said, I would love to take a Ferrari off-roading…as long as it’s not mine. :lol:
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:59 am

TheTroll wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:10 am
thebadferret wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:09 am Are we worried about landing spot?
to pick up 2 of your examples Mahmes and Herbert went into nearly perfect situations. Think about what Lawrence had to endure or is still enduring.
Herbert and Mahomes weren't the #1 pick so it makes sense they went to somewhat better situations. Neither was the elite level prospect that CW is. Obviously they've turned out great and anyone picking CW should be happy if he performs near their level.

On the other hand, Burrow was the #1 pick to a bad team and has faired just fine. Plus most everyone would have said Stroud went to a bad situation and it looks quite the opposite.

Long/short: I'm not worried about CW going to a bad situation in the way I think you mean it. Teams will do everything they can to make him successful and give him a lot of rope. Might take a few years.
Spot on. People don’t by a Ferrari if they intend to go off-roading. Any buyer of these guys has a specific purpose and plan in mind. With that said, I would love to take a Ferrari off-roading…as long as it’s not mine. :lol:
Arthur Smith would buy a Ferrari just to park it in his garage. On the rare occasion he takes it out, he wouldn't off road, he will just cruise at 5 under the speed limit.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:43 am

CGW wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:59 am

Arthur Smith would buy a Ferrari just to park it in his garage. On the rare occasion he takes it out, he wouldn't off road, he will just cruise at 5 under the speed limit.
ahhhh let the Falcons smears fly!!! well put
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:29 am

So we just need a Ferris Bueller type {and later a couple of garage attendants} to come along and really open up the Falcons offense!

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:39 am

If Arthur Smith somehow managed to get a top QB he’d probably petition to get a trade for Taysom Hill so he could use him at the goal line.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:48 am

BlackOmega wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:29 am

So we just need a Ferris Bueller type {and later a couple of garage attendants} to come along and really open up the Falcons offense!
Arthur Smith getting his Bijan back and seeing some random OC put up 30 with him.

"Have to put it in reverse to undo that good game"

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:09 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:39 am If Arthur Smith somehow managed to get a top QB he’d probably petition to get a trade for Taysom Hill so he could use him at the goal line.
Pretty much exactly what I think of Arthur Smith.
Sad thing is he never seems to lose enough games to get fired. :sick:

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:07 pm

I have them behind ridder and sanders
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK