Keaton Mitchell: Maybe Something Here?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: Keaton Mitchell: Maybe Something Here?

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:10 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:57 am He's got the juice, looks better than Hill and Gus is the goal line back.

I worry he's too small to carry the ball a lot, but I can see a small path where he is at least the 1B moving forward, even into next year.
This. I don't envision huge workloads, but he doesn't need to be effective.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:34 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:10 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:57 am He's got the juice, looks better than Hill and Gus is the goal line back.

I worry he's too small to carry the ball a lot, but I can see a small path where he is at least the 1B moving forward, even into next year.
How is Keaton's potential in regards to workload any different than Gibbs? They are the same size
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:38 pm

Two Cents wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:34 pm How is Keaton's potential in regards to workload any different than Gibbs? They are the same size
:lol:

I guess size *is* all that some gals care about.

It's pretty simple maths babe:

1. Draft Capital. It absolutely factors on the "don't make the GM wrong" narrative street.
2. Depth Chart. Keaton is anywhere from 2nd to 4th in terms of how the rushing workload is currently divided each week between the Gus / Lamar / Keaton / Hill split.
3. Dual Threat. Keaton is playing with (perhaps the greatest?) rushing QB to ever play the game. He's checking down more, but he's still just as liable to rush.
4. Role. Gibbs has taken over the pass catching role on the Lions, and Jared Goff will *never* rush. That's the perfect setup for a pass catching back, and is far more concrete a role than Keaton is currently penciled for.

But yes, they're the same size so they must be the same. :thumbup:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:50 pm

Any RB that plays with the Ravens in a committee with Lamar is a TD dependent flex play at best.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:30 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:50 pm Any RB that plays with the Ravens in a committee with Lamar is a TD dependent flex play at best.
This is unfortunately true
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:20 pm

mild wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:38 pm
Two Cents wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:34 pm How is Keaton's potential in regards to workload any different than Gibbs? They are the same size

I guess size *is* all that some gals care about.

It's pretty simple maths babe:

1. Draft Capital. It absolutely factors on the "don't make the GM wrong" narrative street.
2. Depth Chart. Keaton is anywhere from 2nd to 4th in terms of how the rushing workload is currently divided each week between the Gus / Lamar / Keaton / Hill split.
3. Dual Threat. Keaton is playing with (perhaps the greatest?) rushing QB to ever play the game. He's checking down more, but he's still just as liable to rush.
4. Role. Gibbs has taken over the pass catching role on the Lions, and Jared Goff will *never* rush. That's the perfect setup for a pass catching back, and is far more concrete a role than Keaton is currently penciled for.

You're so quick to slice things in a way that makes you feel right that you miss the boat sometimes. And then when people point that out you fall silent and ignore. If you've read this far let me to explain what I meant. :lol:

A common theme in this thread is that people are concerned that Mitchell's size will limit his workload, thus his upside. But if Gibbs is the same size....I would like to think that he would have similar concerns - regardless of talent difference. Just because your talent is greater doesn't make your body type more or less durable.

Sorry if you were trying to score a point. You missed the bucket.
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
SF (1) Minshew

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:25 pm

Two Cents wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:20 pm You're so quick to slice things in a way that makes you feel right that you miss the boat sometimes. And then when people point that out you fall silent and ignore. If you've read this far let me to explain what I meant. :lol:

A common theme in this thread is that people are concerned that Mitchell's size will limit his workload, thus his upside. But if Gibbs is the same size....I would like to think that he would have similar concerns - regardless of talent difference. Just because your talent is greater doesn't make your body type more or less durable.

"Potential in regards to workload" - your words, not mine.

If you can't grasp what I and others are laying out for you as to why Keaton's POTENTIAL to see a large (or even consistent) WORKLOAD is not the same as Gibbs, then I am sorry, we truly did all we could here.

Just my 2 cents.

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:00 pm

mild wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:25 pm
Two Cents wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:20 pm You're so quick to slice things in a way that makes you feel right that you miss the boat sometimes. And then when people point that out you fall silent and ignore. If you've read this far let me to explain what I meant. :lol:

"Potential in regards to workload" - your words, not mine.

If you can't grasp what I and others are laying out for you as to why Keaton's POTENTIAL to see a large (or even consistent) WORKLOAD is not the same as Gibbs, then I am sorry, we truly did all we could here.

Just my 2 cents.
Look at the comments I responded too. It was pretty clear that my workload comment was in response to the concerns about size and durability and not talent, or situation.

Any humble, reasonable human being would have noticed that. But that's not you, so please proceed as you wish :lol:

Two Cents wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:34 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:10 pm

How is Keaton's potential in regards to workload any different than Gibbs? They are the same size
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
SF (1) Minshew

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:13 pm

I didn't read every post here, but the dude is 5'8" and 185 pounds.

Sell high immediately.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:23 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:13 pm I didn't read every post here, but the dude is 5'8" and 185 pounds.

Sell high immediately.
I see 191 on ESPN and Sleeper. :think: where do you get 185?
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
SF (1) Minshew

mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Keaton Mitchell: Workload Potential

Postby mild » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:43 pm

Baltimore backfield snaps today against Cleveland:

Gus Edwards: 27
Justice Hill: 13
Keaton Mitchell: 11

Mitchell had just an 18.8% running back rush share today.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:27 am

TheTroll wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:30 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:50 pm Any RB that plays with the Ravens in a committee with Lamar is a TD dependent flex play at best.
This is unfortunately true
This is the whole thing for me. Being in that committee helps w/ YPC but kills on usage.

You can't count on a BAL RB unless all but one are hurt.

I wonder if one could get a 2nd for Mitchell at this point. Probably worth cashing out if that's possible.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:44 am

Two Cents wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:23 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:13 pm I didn't read every post here, but the dude is 5'8" and 185 pounds.

Sell high immediately.
He actually measured in at 5’8”, 179lbs at the combine. Where the hell are you guys getting your numbers from…

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:53 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:44 am
Two Cents wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:23 pm

Sell high immediately.
He actually measured in at 5’8”, 179lbs at the combine. Where the hell are you guys getting your numbers from…
Eye test tells me 5'4" 230lbs, no idea what you guys are seeing.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:50 am

Two Cents wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:20 pm
mild wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:38 pm

(...)

You're so quick to slice things in a way that makes you feel right that you miss the boat sometimes.
yeah right!