Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

Postby tstafford » Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:48 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:50 am For me, Harrison, Nabers, and Coleman seem like first round locks. Odunze I think is probably there too, but I have a gap between him and those three receivers. Franklin may be somewhere in the 2nd round. I'm not that high on Egbuka right now.
Egbuka is interesting. He's been hampered by injury for several weeks. He's a different kind of WR than the others at the top of your list. More like a Michael Thomas type (sticking to the OSU theme). I could see him racking up catches and being a solid PPR asset. Feels kind of "safe" but maybe limited ceiling. Addison? Admittedly I expected more from him this season but the injury complicates things. My bet is he ends up drafted in the first round in both the NFL and dynasty.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:33 am

tstafford wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:48 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:50 am For me, Harrison, Nabers, and Coleman seem like first round locks. Odunze I think is probably there too, but I have a gap between him and those three receivers. Franklin may be somewhere in the 2nd round. I'm not that high on Egbuka right now.
Egbuka is interesting. He's been hampered by injury for several weeks. He's a different kind of WR than the others at the top of your list. More like a Michael Thomas type (sticking to the OSU theme). I could see him racking up catches and being a solid PPR asset. Feels kind of "safe" but maybe limited ceiling. Addison? Admittedly I expected more from him this season but the injury complicates things. My bet is he ends up drafted in the first round in both the NFL and dynasty.
Respectfully, I don't think Egbuka is anything remotely close to a Michael Thomas type or as good as Addison from a college production standpoint.

I don't think he's so good that he goes first round anyway even with the injuries this season.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:38 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:33 am
Respectfully, I don't think Egbuka is anything remotely close to a Michael Thomas type or as good as Addison from a college production standpoint.

I don't think he's so good that he goes first round anyway even with the injuries this season.
Thanks. Appreciate the perspective.

What round do you expect to see him drafted (NFL)?

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:50 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:32 pm
mild wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:22 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:08 pm Wait, Caleb's still top 5 after crying on his mommy's shoulder?

This is interesting:

https://twitter.com/Pro__Trading/status ... 3144092086

:lol:
:thumbup:

https://x.com/mrmeseeksff/status/172118 ... 04205?s=20

lol
I just found it interesting that he was laughing at someone else crying, and then did it. Regardless of what people think about Caleb, (I think he's very talented, but I have some concerns about his mental makeup for the NFL), there are going to be a lot of NFL people that aren't big on him, as a person, I think. It's already kind of out there, and this stuff will only add fuel to the fire. He's a talented thrower of the football, but he's got warts. No denying the talent, but the hero ball, and the 30 fumbles are definitely going to be blemishes on his anaylsis profile.

Caleb may be a star, he also may not work out. Time will tell. Will be interesting, however it goes, that's for sure. I am starting to wonder if he's the undoubted 1.01, in the NFL draft though. We are all making that assumption, but I'm starting to wonder, if it's as set in stone as we think it is.

If a team didn't feel comfortable with him at 1.01, would they have to trade out, to get the value of the pick, or is there a chance he's not this Luck/Lawrence type guy where it's him, and that's that. Surely Luck and Lawrence were squeaky clean personalities, on top of the talent, which was part of their clear 1.01 status.
If his teammates didn’t attend his birthday party, then I think I know how this one ends
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:07 am

tstafford wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:38 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:33 am

Thanks. Appreciate the perspective.

What round do you expect to see him drafted (NFL)?
Right now, I'd say 2nd round in the NFL. I think he's a Top 64 guy at the absolute worst, but he really needs some big games now that he's back from injury. I don't think he's built up the same type of brand as past Ohio State WRs where he'll go first round unconditionally. He's always been overshadowed by someone even though he was a highly regarded recruit.

But right now, Harrison, Nabers, and Coleman have just popped out this season in different ways. I have a noticeable gap between them and everyone else

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:34 am

tstafford wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:41 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:41 pm HOW big are you all on Nabers? Like, in a Superflex is he 1.05 or higher?

Caleb
Maye
Harrison
Bowers
Nabers
Feels like the right five players. Possible that Henderson could enter the mix if he lands in a good situation. How high to take Bowers in non-TEP will be an interesting off-season debate.
After Pitts, I just can’t see drafting a TE this high in non-TEP.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:44 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:34 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:41 pm HOW big are you all on Nabers? Like, in a Superflex is he 1.05 or higher?

Caleb
Maye
Harrison
Bowers
Nabers
Feels like the right five players. Possible that Henderson could enter the mix if he lands in a good situation. How high to take Bowers in non-TEP will be an interesting off-season debate.
I hear what you’re saying, but Pitts is a victim of the same coaching staff that wants to run Tyler Algier instead of Bijan and scheme end arounds at the goal line for Jonnu Smith.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:38 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:34 am

Caleb
Maye
Harrison
Bowers
Nabers
++
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:58 am

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:44 am I hear what you’re saying, but Pitts is a victim of the same coaching staff that wants to run Tyler Algier instead of Bijan and scheme end arounds at the goal line for Jonnu Smith.
I guess a little bit will depend on situation. There's no guarantee that Bowers doesn't end up in something similar.

I really wouldn't be shocked if Bowers is a Top-4 pick in non-premium leagues. This isn't a deep class and Bowers is an all-time great TE prospect. The upside is too much to pass on.

Randomguess
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Randomguess » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:36 am

As of now, what do you think the top 5 or top 10 would look like for non SF? Curious where an appropriate place for Caleb Williams to draft is.

ButtFumbleCity
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ButtFumbleCity » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:12 am

Randomguess wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:36 am As of now, what do you think the top 5 or top 10 would look like for non SF? Curious where an appropriate place for Caleb Williams to draft is.

Right now I would say it looks something like this if I had to make a list. Very early still though.

MHJ
Nabers
Bowers
Coleman
Henderson
Odunze
Caleb
Egbuka
Worthy

Anything past that is pretty hard. Maybe Maye makes it in the late 1st depending on how your league values QBs.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:38 am

Randomguess wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:36 am As of now, what do you think the top 5 or top 10 would look like for non SF? Curious where an appropriate place for Caleb Williams to draft is.
He's in the "AR" situation. It's currently a muddy mess after 5(ish). I could see him creeping up into the top 6...or anywhere in the top 10 depending on preference.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:13 am

1.01: Marvin Harrison Jr., WR - Ohio State
1.02: Malik Nabers, WR - LSU
1.03: Brock Bowers, TE - Georgia
1.04: Keon Coleman, WR - Florida State
1.05: TreVeyon Henderson, RB - Ohio State
1.06: Rome Odunze, WR - Washington
1.07: Braelon Allen, RB - Wisconsin
----
1.08: Troy Franklin, WR - Oregon
1.09: Brian Thomas Jr., WR - LSU
1.10: Xavier Worthy, WR - Texas
1.11: Emeka Egbuka, WR - Ohio State
1.12: Adonai Mitchell, WR - Texas

In non-premium, I'd probably put Caleb Williams somewhere around 1.08-1.12.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:44 am

Caleb
Maye
Harrison
Bowers
Nabers
Right? Pitts will scare people, but LaPorta will excite people. IDK.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:55 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:44 am

Caleb
Maye
Harrison
Bowers
Nabers
Right? Pitts will scare people, but LaPorta will excite people. IDK.
Or Kincaid. Bowers is a better overall prospect than either, but Bowers is closer to either of those two than he is Pitts. He's good in line and running routes from the slot/out wide. Very willing and capable blocker. He's not just a big WR. I've watched enough of Bowers to be willing to draft him fairly early and I have always been firmly in the never-TE club.