The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

Postby j4pac » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:36 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:34 pm the coach threw watson under the bus when he told the media watson was medically cleared to play but he chose not to. who says that about their fully guaranteed $50m per year qb? you don't air your dirty laundry in public. no wonder watson wants him gone and will make it happen.
This is going to go bad. People put up with horrible people when they’re great. Watson isn’t great.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:02 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:42 pm
abloom wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:57 am It sounds like either (1) the browns medical staff is inept or (2) it's a pain tolerance issue with no threat of further damage and Watson, thanks to his guaranteed contract, has no incentive to play or (3) Watson has been getting some outside massages.
Wasn't this a term in his contract that could cause it to be voided? Thought I remembered something about only ones assigned by the team could be used.
it's all clear now: he wants to go to the pats!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:36 pm

j4pac wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:36 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:34 pm the coach threw watson under the bus when he told the media watson was medically cleared to play but he chose not to. who says that about their fully guaranteed $50m per year qb? you don't air your dirty laundry in public. no wonder watson wants him gone and will make it happen.
This is going to go bad. People put up with horrible people when they’re great. Watson isn’t great.
Watson may miss the better part of a month. We'll be almost 2 years in to this deal, with nothing to show for it, other than some bad performances and one really good game. It's been a complete disaster for the Browns, and people in SF leagues who traded for him when the stuff started coming out about those women, have got nothing from it, basically. Not sure how "low" you had to buy back then to make it worth it at this point. He's been worse off in your lineup than out of it, most of the time, and it's going to be almost 2 years with a handful of "meh" FF starts.''

He's approaching his late 20's, and has had injury issues throughout his career. He doesn't look as mobile as he used to, and can't imagine his rushing upside is all that much at this point. He seems to be closer to the QB purgatory people speak of, than the elite tier, but he's getting paid elite money. It might not quite be Russell Wilson level bad, but they gave up more picks, and more guaranteed money, too.

Seems the franchise is already starting to crack due to this signing, the coach and he may be at odds, and some players already seem to be upset at Watson. It's a good show, any way you slice it.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:45 am

Brady Quinn had a fitting analogy of the whole situation. He said Watson essentially became a trust fund kid the moment that contract was fully guaranteed. The incentive to work is totally gone.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:24 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:45 am Brady Quinn had a fitting analogy of the whole situation. He said Watson essentially became a trust fund kid the moment that contract was fully guaranteed. The incentive to work is totally gone.
Yeah, then Avery piped in, "defending" his teammate, and Quinn dropped the massage reference. :lol: Regardless if Quinn is right or wrong about Watson, that contract and trade has been an absolute disaster, and anyone who bought "low" on Watson 2 years ago, has likely realized they didn't actually buy low.

This entire thing is really going to test the team, the staff etc. It will likely get worse if they start losing some games, without the help of officiating. This kind of reminds me of Tiger Woods, and his situation.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:53 am

And now he’s ruled out already and PJ Walker is getting the start again. This whole thing is weird.

Even with new injury information that he had a tear, he must have finally felt good enough to play again. And supposedly MRIs showed nothing new after his brief play.

I guess it’s possible he felt ok prior to last game, but then figured out he wasn’t once the game started.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:58 am

frerichs5 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:53 am And now he’s ruled out already and PJ Walker is getting the start again. This whole thing is weird.

Even with new injury information that he had a tear, he must have finally felt good enough to play again. And supposedly MRIs showed nothing new after his brief play.

I guess it’s possible he felt ok prior to last game, but then figured out he wasn’t once the game started.
From what I've heard, he had absolutely no velocity and they could see that immediately during the (week 6?) pregame. No idea why they bothered to start him vs the Colts if he still had weakness and pain in the rotator cuff, but I imagine the Browns staff feel like they need to get him out there to stay in contention.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:01 pm

CGW wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:58 am
frerichs5 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:53 am And now he’s ruled out already and PJ Walker is getting the start again. This whole thing is weird.

From what I've heard, he had absolutely no velocity and they could see that immediately during the (week 6?) pregame. No idea why they bothered to start him vs the Colts if he still had weakness and pain in the rotator cuff, but I imagine the Browns staff feel like they need to get him out there to stay in contention.
Right. You’d think practice would reveal that sort of thing. When this whole thing started weeks ago, I thought something funny was going on with Watson. Now I’m not so sure. Maybe there’s still something going on with him, or maybe the Browns really are just that inept.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:25 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:01 pm Right. You’d think practice would reveal that sort of thing. When this whole thing started weeks ago, I thought something funny was going on with Watson. Now I’m not so sure. Maybe there’s still something going on with him, or maybe the Browns really are just that inept.
For what it's worth, I've read that when a starting pitcher in the MLB has this injury, they normally sit them 4 weeks.

So, add a good body-slam by a Colts defender in there for good measure rehab-wise - but realistically, they should let him sit until he can actually throw with velocity. It might still be a couple weeks away.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:46 pm

Sounds exactly like what they did with Baker

Browns gonna Brown

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:08 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:46 pm

Sounds exactly like what they did with Baker

Browns gonna Brown
Yeah leaning towards browns being morons here. Maybe they feel like Watson isn't living up to his contract, but that's on the browns for giving him that contract.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:47 am

abloom wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:08 am
Yeah leaning towards browns being morons here. Maybe they feel like Watson isn't living up to his contract, but that's on the browns for giving him that contract.
I kind of think there needs to be a plaque outside the stadium that says this......
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:32 am

Sounds like he'll start this week. Unless you have no other options, I don't see how you can start him.

After seeing him exit early his last start, I'm fine to let him sit a game on my bench. I'm starting Heinicke over him this week.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:15 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:32 am Sounds like he'll start this week. Unless you have no other options, I don't see how you can start him.

After seeing him exit early his last start, I'm fine to let him sit a game on my bench. I'm starting Heinicke over him this week.
Mac Jones it is.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:09 pm

Shankopotamus wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:15 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:32 am Sounds like he'll start this week. Unless you have no other options, I don't see how you can start him.

Mac Jones it is.
Guess I'll start Baker. Ironic considering the Browns probably would have been better off had they just done that all along.