Gibbs Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which side of this trade would you take?

2026 1st, 2026 2nd and 2025 4th
No votes
Gibbs and a 2024 3rd
100%

Total votes: 15

Last Place
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Gibbs Trade

Postby Last Place » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:57 am

Im currently in 2nd place. I wanted to add an additional piece to my team so that bye weeks didnt kill me. I knew the Gibbs owner (currently in last place) had decided to hold a fire sale and aim for a complete rebuild, with his aim being a competing team by 26. The deal i ended up making was a 26 1st, a 26 2nd and a 25 4th for Gibbs and a 24 3rd (the 3rd is my own from a deal i made earlier in the year, so itll be late). I feel like this was a great/no brainer deal for me, but wanted to see what others thought.

Note - Before its asked, i have no idea why a rebuilding team would want to dump a rookie back.
12-team Superflex, PPR, TE Premium
QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, SF, 4 FLEX

QB: Allen, Tua, Levis, O'Conner
RB: Etienne, Hall, Gibbs, K. Miller, D. Singletary, Spiller, Kelly
WR: G. Wilson, Metcalf, Downs, Toney.
TE: Kincaid, Pitts

2024 Picks 1.03, 1.05, 1.06, 2.05, 2.09

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Gibbs Trade

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:03 am

Dumping a rookie RB makes sense as it sheds points off of his roster and helps him secure an earlier pick (assuming he has his own in '24). It doesn't make sense to sell for that little though. He spent 1st on him and then sold him for a (probably later) 1st that's 3 drafts away, and the only tax he charged (or profit he garnered) was a 2nd/3rd swap. Oh well, your gain

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:15 am

Seems like a bad deal for the other manager with how far out the picks are but a decent deal for you as long as the picks end up late. Obviously the picks are a long way out, so there will be no telling how this deal ages over the next year +, so I like what you brought in. I have concerns about Gibbs workload, but this deal was too good to pass up on the potential of what Gibbs can bring for the cost and how far out that cost is.

Last Place
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Last Place » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:32 am

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:15 am Seems like a bad deal for the other manager with how far out the picks are but a decent deal for you as long as the picks end up late. Obviously the picks are a long way out, so there will be no telling how this deal ages over the next year +, so I like what you brought in. I have concerns about Gibbs workload, but this deal was too good to pass up on the potential of what Gibbs can bring for the cost and how far out that cost is.
The workload concerns me as well. I know on paper this looks like a great deal (for me), but there are still a lot of question marks around Gibbs that could prove this deal to be horrible for me long term.
12-team Superflex, PPR, TE Premium
QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, SF, 4 FLEX

QB: Allen, Tua, Levis, O'Conner
RB: Etienne, Hall, Gibbs, K. Miller, D. Singletary, Spiller, Kelly
WR: G. Wilson, Metcalf, Downs, Toney.
TE: Kincaid, Pitts

2024 Picks 1.03, 1.05, 1.06, 2.05, 2.09

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:56 pm

Last Place wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:32 am
Gator Sens wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:15 am Seems like a bad deal for the other manager with how far out the picks are but a decent deal for you as long as the picks end up late. Obviously the picks are a long way out, so there will be no telling how this deal ages over the next year +, so I like what you brought in. I have concerns about Gibbs workload, but this deal was too good to pass up on the potential of what Gibbs can bring for the cost and how far out that cost is.
The workload concerns me as well. I know on paper this looks like a great deal (for me), but there are still a lot of question marks around Gibbs that could prove this deal to be horrible for me long term.
There are question marks for all players in the beginning.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:49 pm

Great trade! Love getting Gibbs in a deal like this.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch