Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:35 am

tstafford wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:58 am
mild wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:51 pm Like, just for me personally? I'm selling Ceedee Lamb for that 1.02 Superflex pick all day.
is there a reasonable argument to be made to take him 1.01 in SF assuming CW enters the NFL.
Not a question for me. I’m taking CW. Although I play a lot of 2QB so it’s slightly different, but this seems like an easy choice for me.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:55 am

No question for me either, CW all day.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

gunfrees
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gunfrees » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:09 am

Is there any consensus after CW, MHJ? I’m looking to have 1.03-1.05 in SF and curious if anyone’s risen to that tier below those two
12 team dynasty | SF | 1 ppr

QBs: Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins
WRs: Deebo, Godwin, Mbrown, JDowns
RBs: Chubb, Gibbs, Achane, K. Miller
TE: Okonkwo, Mayer

2024 1.03, 1.09
2025 early 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, early 2nd, 2nd
2026 early 1st, 1st, early 2nd
----------

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:39 am

Trev Henderson out again today.

At this point wondering if he just comes back for his senior year

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:10 am

gunfrees wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:09 am Is there any consensus after CW, MHJ? I’m looking to have 1.03-1.05 in SF and curious if anyone’s risen to that tier below those two
Drake Maye, Brock Bowers.

Potentially another WR to emerge out of that group, but likely not someone that will be as much of a slam dunk as Bowers, and not likely anyone that would usurp the value of a QB in SF.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:20 am

mild wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:10 am
gunfrees wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:09 am Is there any consensus after CW, MHJ? I’m looking to have 1.03-1.05 in SF and curious if anyone’s risen to that tier below those two
Drake Maye, Brock Bowers.

Potentially another WR to emerge out of that group, but likely not someone that will be as much of a slam dunk as Bowers, and not likely anyone that would usurp the value of a QB in SF.
I’m a big fan of Nabers as well. I think those are the top 5 at the moment, but that could change

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:38 pm

Last year when Bijan came out, many claimed he was the best RB prospect to come out since Saquon Barkley, and I agreed.

Now many are saying that MHJ is the best WR prospect to come out since Ja'Marr Chase, and I would say probably even further back, due to the fact that many had questions about Chase since he did not play his final season in college (neither did Micah Parsons).

In MHJ you have a WR who is 6'4" 205 pounds who allegedly will run a 4.3_ 40 at the combine.
We are talking Randy Moss/Calvin Johnson type of athlete.

I would definitely consider MHJ strongly at 1.01 in SF leagues where I am set at QB.
Right now, I have a VERY strong shot at the 1.01 in two leagues, both are SF leagues.

In one league I have the 1.01 and a mid/late 24 1st, with Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Jordan Love as my QB's.
Assuming nothing changes between now and then, I would try to trade down to 1.02, but have to make sure I get MHJ.
If I can't move down, which is possible, because currently the team at 1.02 has the 2nd best QB room in that league, I just take MHJ at 1.01.

In my other league, I have what looks to be 1.01, 1.02, and 1.03.
My QB room is TLaw, D. Watson, Kyler, Pickett, Z.Wilson, and plan to take Caleb/MHJ at 1/2.
1.03, is between Maye/Bowers (TEP league too) right now. I am leaning Maye right now, but we will see come May.

Problem I have in these leagues, stacking QB's, is that other managers do not seem to value the QB position like experts say they should.
I might wind up taking Bowers over Maye just because I need to fill other starting slots for team build.
Hard to win a SF league where you start 11 when you have 5 starting QB's sitting on your bench, and no one is interested unless they are heavily discounted..

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:57 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:38 pm Problem I have in these leagues, stacking QB's, is that other managers do not seem to value the QB position like experts say they should.
I might wind up taking Bowers over Maye just because I need to fill other starting slots for team build.
Hard to win a SF league where you start 11 when you have 5 starting QB's sitting on your bench, and no one is interested unless they are heavily discounted..
I have a similar experience in my SF league. Folks don't seem to value QBs the way I do, the way DLF forum does nor the way "experts" do. Although candidly I'll take the DLF forum over most experts (but I digress). . .

I think sometimes we need to adjust our rookie draft strategy to account for league idiosyncrasies. For example - if you're in a league where trades are rare, you might need to be less dogmatic about drafting BPA and weight (even slightly) more on team need. This is why I've been trying to tease out exactly what the gap really is b/w CW and MHJR. I'm not sure it's crazy to take MHJR in a situation like yours or mine.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:04 pm

tstafford wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:57 pm I have a similar experience in my SF league. Folks don't seem to value QBs the way I do, the way DLF forum does nor the way "experts" do. Although candidly I'll take the DLF forum over most experts (but I digress). . .
I promise you - it only takes one season of an owner having a Josh Allen / Jalen Hurts stack for the rest of the league to start feeling bad about life. Especially if it's a 12 team league (or even larger).

If they're not valuing QB's correctly, then there should be nothing stopping you from immediately climbing the food chain to the very top, and deploying 2 top 5 guys on a weekly basis. There's no other position that gets projected for 25-ish points on a weekly basis; if you're always projected for a 50 point floor (and hit it more often than not) it will make your team -very- consistent week to week.

It can really help stabilise your fantasy scoring if you can get two of those guys. We've gotten really good at knowing who the top QB's are in recent years, because they usually have that specific profile.

If the league really thinks that QB is interchangeable, then go show them why it's not.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:27 pm

This is getting a bit off the 2024 draft rails, but...

If you have 5 QBs, and they are TLaw, Kyler, Watson, Wilson, and Pickett the reason no1 is trading you isn't because they devalue QBs. It's because they devalue your QBs.

If you are rolling with three+ stud QBs, people are going to be envious as you routinely whip up on them.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:30 pm

mild wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:04 pm It can really help stabilise your fantasy scoring if you can get two of those guys. We've gotten really good at knowing who the top QB's are in recent years, because they usually have that specific profile.
Thanks for your post.

Are you of the opinion that CW has "that specific profile"?
(Getting it back on the rails)
Last edited by tstafford on Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:32 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:39 am Trev Henderson out again today.

At this point wondering if he just comes back for his senior year
Pre nil 100% he comes out

Now... Rb's could potentially make more in college.

I still think he turns pro
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:02 pm

mild wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:04 pm
tstafford wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:57 pm I have a similar experience in my SF league. Folks don't seem to value QBs the way I do, the way DLF forum does nor the way "experts" do. Although candidly I'll take the DLF forum over most experts (but I digress). . .
I promise you - it only takes one season of an owner having a Josh Allen / Jalen Hurts stack for the rest of the league to start feeling bad about life. Especially if it's a 12 team league (or even larger).

If they're not valuing QB's correctly, then there should be nothing stopping you from immediately climbing the food chain to the very top, and deploying 2 top 5 guys on a weekly basis. There's no other position that gets projected for 25-ish points on a weekly basis; if you're always projected for a 50 point floor (and hit it more often than not) it will make your team -very- consistent week to week.

It can really help stabilise your fantasy scoring if you can get two of those guys. We've gotten really good at knowing who the top QB's are in recent years, because they usually have that specific profile.

If the league really thinks that QB is interchangeable, then go show them why it's not.
I will have to disagree here, as someone who owns Mahomes and Josh Allen, and is in 12th place at the moment.
I also play in leagues where the #1 team right now through 6 weeks are the teams that did not draft a QB in the startup until round 6 or 7 this past summer.

One league, 1st place team has Geno/Carr/Dobbs, another 1st place team has R. Wilson/Stafford/Dobbs/Tannehill.

In 12 team SF leagues where you start 11 players every week, the teams with the weaker QB's seem much more capable of filling their 3 WR and 3 Flex slots than the teams that spend high draft capital on QB's right now.

Now, top QB's may have more value in leagues where there are fewer starters, in start 8 leagues QB's would be 25% of your starters compared to start 11 leagues where QB's only represent 18% of your starters.
Or in leagues where there is many QB scoring bonuses, QB's may have more value.

QB value all depends on league format and scoring.

Especially when it seems like so many QB's are under-performing this year so far.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:22 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:02 pm
mild wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:04 pm

I will have to disagree here, as someone who owns Mahomes and Josh Allen, and is in 12th place at the moment.
I also play in leagues where the #1 team right now through 6 weeks are the teams that did not draft a QB in the startup until round 6 or 7 this past summer.

One league, 1st place team has Geno/Carr/Dobbs, another 1st place team has R. Wilson/Stafford/Dobbs/Tannehill.

In 12 team SF leagues where you start 11 players every week, the teams with the weaker QB's seem much more capable of filling their 3 WR and 3 Flex slots than the teams that spend high draft capital on QB's right now.

Now, top QB's may have more value in leagues where there are fewer starters, in start 8 leagues QB's would be 25% of your starters compared to start 11 leagues where QB's only represent 18% of your starters.
Or in leagues where there is many QB scoring bonuses, QB's may have more value.

QB value all depends on league format and scoring.

Especially when it seems like so many QB's are under-performing this year so far.
12 team start 10 league here. Top teams in order thus far have:

Mahomes/Hurts
Herbert/Purdy
Fields/Goff/Howell/Daniel Jones/Pickett
Lawrence/Stafford/Carr
Allen/Lamar
Burrow/Cousins/Prescott

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:43 pm

I think MHJ is going to be special. If I have QBs in Superflex, I'm taking Harrison. If I have the 1.01 and 1.04-1.08 I'm taking Harrison. I think Caleb will be great, but I don't see him as nearly as far ahead of the QB2 as MHJ is ahead of the WR2. But that's just me.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble