The Official Brock Purdy Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: The Official Brock Purdy Thread

Postby mild » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:59 pm

Lumps wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:31 pm I’ma believer but did not see this coming.
Admittedly after looking into it:

- This is just one Sports Book in Antigua
- They probably took a huge bet on Purdy and had to adjust their odds
- Most other betting markets still have Mahomes and Tua as the top guys

BUT STILL.

He's moved ahead of Josh Allen and Jalen Hurts on multiple sports books. Even that - just from the perspective of "who is more valuable to their team if you took that player away" is utterly ridiculous to me.

But if he isn't planning on losing a game in 2023... then I guess yeah, this bet is going to keep picking up steam.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:50 pm

I’m a big Dallas obviously and they have one heck of a defense. He made them look foolish and I give credit when do, the guy is good.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:43 am

49ers should end up winning 13 games, with room for more. If that happens, I think we can wrap up the MVP vote.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:15 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:43 am 49ers should end up winning 13 games, with room for more. If that happens, I think we can wrap up the MVP vote.
I am not so sure we can hand the award over yet. If CMAC keeps this pace up, they will compete for votes and open a door for another QB.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:33 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:15 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:43 am 49ers should end up winning 13 games, with room for more. If that happens, I think we can wrap up the MVP vote.
I am not so sure we can hand the award over yet. If CMAC keeps this pace up, they will compete for votes and open a door for another QB.
I think Purdy would have to be playing at a very mediocre to average level for CMC to get a lot of MVP votes. It'd be hard to argue an elite RB being as valuable as an elite QB.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:09 am

He’s on pace to throw 30-31 tds. I don’t think that’s gonna get it done for an mvp vote but who knows. The team would have to just about go undefeated for him to get it with those stats I think.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:33 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:09 am He’s on pace to throw 30-31 tds. I don’t think that’s gonna get it done for an mvp vote but who knows. The team would have to just about go undefeated for him to get it with those stats I think.
Well...if we're going on that...then he's on pace for undefeated, 30-31 TDs, 0 INTs, a 123.1 Rating, 72.1 completion percentage at a pretty stellar 9.4 yards per attempt, about 7 rushing TDs...
aside from the total TD numbers (which you mentioned) every other stat there is supportive of an MVP season. So I think it's unfair to say "with those stats," as if his stats are sub-par.
His stats are only "lacking" of MVP caliber through a fantasy lens, where we don't care as much about completion percentage and yards per attempt, but just total yards and TDs.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:56 am

No chance Brock wins the MVP, which isn't an indictment on him. He's got too much talent around him to win that award.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:12 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:56 am No chance Brock wins the MVP, which isn't an indictment on him. He's got too much talent around him to win that award.
I agree that's how it should work, but this usually isn't how the MVP is decided.

It really should be Josh Allen in terms of stats/limited weapons around him. Diggs is awesome but SF/PHI have multiple weapons

Mahomes is super valuable but I doubt he wins it again unless he goes on a run

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:33 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:56 am No chance Brock wins the MVP
Vegas disagrees with this statement, heavily.

I do too. :P
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:42 am

Don't all of the top candidates have some sort of talent advantage?

The Bills have a stacked roster.

The 49ers have a stacked roster.

The Eagles have a stacked roster.

The Dolphins have a really good roster.

I don't really see a QB doing a whole lot with less right now. Mahomes would have the best case for that type of narrative, but that was the storyline last year without Tyreek.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg8KVSM-pyM

This is a MUST watch.

Either Orlovsky is getting paid, and a total whore for money, OR.....he just got completely eviscerated by an ex kicker, playing off a HOF QB and a top end LB. This is a good watch, though. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:33 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:28 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg8KVSM-pyM

This is a MUST watch.

Either Orlovsky is getting paid, and a total whore for money, OR.....he just got completely eviscerated by an ex kicker, playing off a HOF QB and a top end LB. This is a good watch, though. :lol:
holy bleep.....lol
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:05 pm

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:12 pm

Valhalla wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:33 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:09 am He’s on pace to throw 30-31 tds. I don’t think that’s gonna get it done for an mvp vote but who knows. The team would have to just about go undefeated for him to get it with those stats I think.
Well...if we're going on that...then he's on pace for undefeated, 30-31 TDs, 0 INTs, a 123.1 Rating, 72.1 completion percentage at a pretty stellar 9.4 yards per attempt, about 7 rushing TDs...
aside from the total TD numbers (which you mentioned) every other stat there is supportive of an MVP season. So I think it's unfair to say "with those stats," as if his stats are sub-par.
His stats are only "lacking" of MVP caliber through a fantasy lens, where we don't care as much about completion percentage and yards per attempt, but just total yards and TDs.
What’s the better assumption. That he will continue in his 30td pace or his 0 INT pace. Purdy isn’t here, we dont have to worry about being fair to him or hurting his feelings. Just some real talk based on common sense.