Achane>Gibbs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Achane>Gibbs

Postby j4pac » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:20 am

Achane is currently RB3 after only playing in half the games. That’s insane. Certainly that type of efficiency is unsustainable but even if he drops his efficiency by 30% he’s still a superstar
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:01 pm

He doesn’t even look like he’s running fast out there

RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:24 pm

So this offseason, Achane was the first RB I watched to see what how he was. I was impressed, but I didn't think he was big enough to translate and then after 3rd round capital, I sort of soured on him. That said, he looks like an absolute monster out there. I'm so excited for him and y'all that drafted him and wish I had a share.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:30 pm

13 pages ago when this thread was created, it was considered blasphemy!

Still need to see how their careers pan out, but so far this isn't looking like the outrageous claim it was thought to be.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:40 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:24 pm So this offseason, Achane was the first RB I watched to see what how he was. I was impressed, but I didn't think he was big enough to translate and then after 3rd round capital, I sort of soured on him. That said, he looks like an absolute monster out there. I'm so excited for him and y'all that drafted him and wish I had a share.
He doesn’t even look small. He looks like a normal sized RB. I whiffed on him. I took Charbonnet over him. I was just fortunate to get Achane at 2.02. Honestly, it’s complete crazy talk but he’s not that far from Robinson. I’d expect to get an insane, almost impossible, return for either

TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:46 pm

There's just a very short list of RBs who are capable of doing what Achane does. The speed is all-time elite, and the explosion is special, but he has vision, patience, and isn't just running like a bull in a china shop.

He's a big time talent.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:50 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:46 pm There's just a very short list of RBs who are capable of doing what Achane does. The speed is all-time elite, and the explosion is special, but he has vision, patience, and isn't just running like a bull in a china shop.

He's a big time talent.
He’s strong. He’s a stronger RB than Gibbs. He’s just short

TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:46 pm

Achane>McLaughlin>Gibbs

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:33 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:46 pm Achane>McLaughlin>Gibbs
Haha, man I feel sad inside seeing this.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:51 am

It’s happened…Achane has blown by Gibbs on KTC. Currently RB4

TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:21 am

j4pac wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:51 am It’s happened…Achane has blown by Gibbs on KTC. Currently RB4
I expect it to level out in the RB 6-8 range, but either way he's a Top 10 RB, maybe higher if you're drafting to rebuild in a startup.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:39 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:33 am Gibbs is an exceptional athlete that -- if used properly -- will become a superstar in Detroit. It's a big "if", as he'll need to be used like Kamara/CMC and get 25% rushes and 80-90 targets in this offense. If that happens, Gibbs all day long. The Lions do have Montgomery for a reason, so I hope and expect that this will be the case.

Achane may have a spectacular run or catch-and-run or kickoff return or two in the first few weeks of the season, and that's going to get fantasy owners excited in a big way. I predict it will happen, as teams will vastly under-rate his speed. After that, NFL defense will be ready, and Achane will fall back to irrelevancy. So if you own Achane, your time to sell is week 2-3.

All a guess. Just trying to be as bold as OP. Loved the post, wanted to try to match it best I could. Kudos.
Well, so far so good. Achane didn't get onto the scene until week 3, so let's push that guess back to week 5-6... which is happening now.

I can't wait to be wrong on this, lol. McDaniels is using Achane in the best ways possible. How awesome it is to be a fast kid on great offense led by a true offensive genius.

BTW OP, you're looking like a genius yourself so far. Kudos!
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:05 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:39 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:33 am Gibbs is an exceptional athlete that -- if used properly -- will become a superstar in Detroit. It's a big "if", as he'll need to be used like Kamara/CMC and get 25% rushes and 80-90 targets in this offense. If that happens, Gibbs all day long. The Lions do have Montgomery for a reason, so I hope and expect that this will be the case.

Achane may have a spectacular run or catch-and-run or kickoff return or two in the first few weeks of the season, and that's going to get fantasy owners excited in a big way. I predict it will happen, as teams will vastly under-rate his speed. After that, NFL defense will be ready, and Achane will fall back to irrelevancy. So if you own Achane, your time to sell is week 2-3.

All a guess. Just trying to be as bold as OP. Loved the post, wanted to try to match it best I could. Kudos.
Well, so far so good. Achane didn't get onto the scene until week 3, so let's push that guess back to week 5-6... which is happening now.

I can't wait to be wrong on this, lol. McDaniels is using Achane in the best ways possible. How awesome it is to be a fast kid on great offense led by a true offensive genius.

If I remember correctly, some people said the same about Chris Johnson & his speed at RB. Johnson went on to have several monster seasons. We shall see though.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:07 am

Achane hater

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:26 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:39 am

I just wish he had left off the Quentin Johnston part of his comment so I could have believed his prediction. The Achane part looks pure savant.