The Official Brock Purdy Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: The Official Brock Purdy Thread

Postby abloom » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:17 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:10 am btw, where are all the Brock Purdy haters? When I tried to tell everyone how good he was last year in December and everyone couldn't wait to shut me down. Jigga, Remedy, Olmansmith, BabyChark, JoeJoe88, etc. Where are all you haters!? Are you on board yet or are you guys still moving the goal posts?

Actually, I called him "special" in the pre-season of last year. I forgot about that. This kid has the "it" factor and I saw that before any NFL games were even played. It's super easy to spot when your damn team hasn't had it for decades... so frustrating... but it's here now! Woo!

:dance:
I don't think I'd call myself a hater. I certainly was concerned that it looked like his physical abilities did not seem to match his football IQ last year but those concerns have been eliminated this season.

He greatly benefits from being in a good system, with a good coach, and good talent on both sides of the ball around him. But those things also add to his dynasty value.

I think my position on achane is similar this year to my opinion of purdy last year. I have concerns about achane but there is no doubt he's performing well right now and landed in the best situation possible for him.

Last note:

I do wonder what it would look like had the niners drafted Mac Jones at 3 instead of lance.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:43 am

Lol didn't know I was on a list of Purdy haters. Ok...

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:43 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:52 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:33 am This is going to get interesting. Purdy has to be heavy in the mix right now for MVP (if not, the frontrunner).

+ Leads the league in passer rating
+ Leads the league QBR
+ Leads the league in EPA/play
+ Hasn't thrown an interception
+ Has a ridiculous 9.3 Y/A (10.7 adjusted)
+ 72.1 completion %

He's been nothing short of elite so far.

Even more impressive considering, he didn't have a real offseason rehabbing from his injury.
Are you looking for disagreements? Whether or not I'd choose him as my pick, I can't mount an argument against him. Purdy has been phenomenal.

The zero interceptions part is most impressive to me, for a player playing on that level. Simply brilliant.
But what about the INT in practice?! :lol:

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:44 am

I was highly skeptical given how bad Purdy was against Dallas in the playoffs last year. He otherwise didn’t play any good defenses during that season. He looked good (minus the lost fumble) against what folks thought was going to be a resurgent Pittsburgh team in week 1, and it’s obviously hard to find fault in his performance against a good Dallas defense last night.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers,l
RB: Pacheco, Spears, Ray Davis, Hubbard, Khalil Herbert, McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Miles Sanders
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, Rashee, Keon Coleman, Pearsall, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, McCaffrey
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:04 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:43 am Lol didn't know I was on a list of Purdy haters. Ok...
IS THIS YOU: viewtopic.php?p=2147502#p2147502

Hater! Drinking your Haterade! Do you watch Star Wars? I bet your favorite character is Darth HATER!
Ruggenater wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:44 am I was highly skeptical given how bad Purdy was against Dallas in the playoffs last year. He otherwise didn’t play any good defenses during that season. He looked good (minus the lost fumble) against what folks thought was going to be a resurgent Pittsburgh team in week 1, and it’s obviously hard to find fault in his performance against a good Dallas defense last night.
I don't think he played poorly in any game. That Dallas playoff game was more about how good that defense was rather than BCB playing poorly. He was 19 of 29 for 214 yards, 0TD but also 0INT, only two sacks. He was 19 of 29 for 220 yards, 0 INTS and three sacks this year against the Steelers. Two TD passes was the only difference, but TDs can be fluky.

Both games: Zero mistakes, zero INTs, zero panic throws, zero "hospital throws" (putting the WR in a bad spot to catch a pass), zero happy feet, etc.

BCB is him.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:12 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:43 am
Anteaters wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:52 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:33 am This is going to get interesting. Purdy has to be heavy in the mix right now for MVP (if not, the frontrunner).

+ Leads the league in passer rating
+ Leads the league QBR
+ Leads the league in EPA/play
+ Hasn't thrown an interception
+ Has a ridiculous 9.3 Y/A (10.7 adjusted)
+ 72.1 completion %

He's been nothing short of elite so far.

Even more impressive considering, he didn't have a real offseason rehabbing from his injury.
Are you looking for disagreements? Whether or not I'd choose him as my pick, I can't mount an argument against him. Purdy has been phenomenal.

The zero interceptions part is most impressive to me, for a player playing on that level. Simply brilliant.
But what about the INT in practice?! :lol:
:lol:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:12 am

I wasn't a hater at all but figured his role would be that of a higher end Backup.

He is way better than that. He is one of the best QB's in the world. He plays to his skill set perfectly. Reads defenses in an instant and delivers the ball on time.

No one really thought he would be this good this fast. Best Mr. Irrelevant EVER.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:14 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:04 am
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:43 am Lol didn't know I was on a list of Purdy haters. Ok...
IS THIS YOU: viewtopic.php?p=2147502#p2147502

Hater! Drinking your Haterade! Do you watch Star Wars? I bet your favorite character is Darth HATER!
Ruggenater wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:44 am I was highly skeptical given how bad Purdy was against Dallas in the playoffs last year. He otherwise didn’t play any good defenses during that season. He looked good (minus the lost fumble) against what folks thought was going to be a resurgent Pittsburgh team in week 1, and it’s obviously hard to find fault in his performance against a good Dallas defense last night.
I don't think he played poorly in any game. That Dallas playoff game was more about how good that defense was rather than BCB playing poorly. He was 19 of 29 for 214 yards, 0TD but also 0INT, only two sacks. He was 19 of 29 for 220 yards, 0 INTS and three sacks this year against the Steelers. Two TD passes was the only difference, but TDs can be fluky.

Both games: Zero mistakes, zero INTs, zero panic throws, zero "hospital throws" (putting the WR in a bad spot to catch a pass), zero happy feet, etc.

BCB is him.
Cringe
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:39 am

BCB?
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Caleb Williams - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - J Wright - Estime
WR: AJB - Pittman - Odunze - Shaheed - Doubs - E Moore - Burton - Pearsall
TE: MAndrews - Bowers - Bellinger - Kraft
‘25: one 1st, two 2nds, three 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:00 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:04 am ...
gglthfty.jpeg
gglthfty.jpeg (34.44 KiB) Viewed 491 times

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:31 am

Ice wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:12 amI wasn't a hater at all but figured his role would be that of a higher end Backup.
WHAT!? A BACKUP?! HATER!

Get in the line with the rest of em! :snooty: :nono:
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:07 am

The dude just wins, who cares how which is different than fantasy , but he is not to shabby in fantasy either.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:22 am

Tvols wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:07 am The dude just wins, who cares how which is different than fantasy , but he is not to shabby in fantasy either.
He's good, and he's got a great cast and offensive staff. I'd be interested to see him play once CMC is fading, Kittle, and Deebo, in a few years. We'll see how well the 49ers can replenish the skill position players. Not knocking Purdy, but if he were playing with the Giants right now, lets say, he's not doing this, obviously.

He fits this scheme and set of players perfectly. He couldn't have fallen into a better fit, for him to become a successful NFL QB. It's great to see, for the last pick of the draft.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:54 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:22 am
Tvols wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:07 am The dude just wins, who cares how which is different than fantasy , but he is not to shabby in fantasy either.
He's good, and he's got a great cast and offensive staff. I'd be interested to see him play once CMC is fading, Kittle, and Deebo, in a few years. We'll see how well the 49ers can replenish the skill position players. Not knocking Purdy, but if he were playing with the Giants right now, lets say, he's not doing this, obviously.

He fits this scheme and set of players perfectly. He couldn't have fallen into a better fit, for him to become a successful NFL QB. It's great to see, for the last pick of the draft.
I'm with this 100% (and have said it in earlier posts). Purdy is essentially an extension of Shanahan's onto the field. It is like his body is possessed by Shanny's mind, and that's what Shanny wants. And Purdy has executed things flawlessly.

I don't think Purdy does anything like this is nearly any other situation in the NFL... but this one is perfect for him. And to the point of 'great weapons in CMC, Deebo, Kittle...' I agree, but I also trust Shanahan to be able to continue to draft/develop/sign his style of players through the years that will continue this.

As long as Purdy stays healthy and doesn't demand crazy money on the next contract I don't see this ending anytime soon (next 2+ years).
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:08 am

He has a LONG ways to go to be fairly compared to Brady...but I do remember when Brady was young enough and late enough in the draft and "unathletic" enough where his success was largely attributed to him being in just the perfect system, with Belickick being the mastermind making Brady actually work.
Also, it bothers me when people say things like "he's just not athletic." Athleticism isn't all track and field. There's processing speed, form, reproducibility/consistency, fine motor motions, reflexes, etc. The combine measures mostly bulk explosiveness in the body. One feature of athleticism. Brock clearly excels in the athletics he participates in, the athletics he needs to be a good QB. Saying a QB is unathletic because he wouldn't be great in track ALMOST equates to saying something like Griffey Jr wasn't that athletic cause he couldn't dunk on Mutombo. It wasn't needed for his job in athletics. I know that isn't perfect, as speed and agility help a QB...but it just bothers me that Purdy ISN'T athletic and Fields IS athletic...because Fields is better at track and field athletics and Purdy is only better at all those other athleticism things that make him a good QB that we don't really care about when comparing the athleticism of QBs...right?