General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:04 am

Two Cents wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:06 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:36 pm
Ice wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:49 pm Some of you are dreaming.

Dobbs......Hurt
Barkley.....Hurt
Ekeler.......Hurt
Chubb......Hurt

Teams are not giving up a huge asset to sign a RB who by the way was hurt last year and who knows how he really is this season.

He can wine, cry, or man up but he is playing for the Colts this year unless some team is really stupid.
*the Browns have entered the chat*
They already traded the farm for Watson. Not sure they even have anything of much value left to trade that the Colts would find sufficient.
I don’t think they are a realistic outcome. Just responding to the bolded above.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:55 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:39 pm Teams that make the most sense for JT right now are:

1. Colts (surprisingly). They’re 2-1 and have a very winnable schedule ahead. With the way the D is playing, and competent offense, this is a potential playoff team.

2. Ravens

3. Browns, if Ford falls on his face in the coming weeks

4. Rams, if they feel like they have a legit shot at contending this year and want to upgrade on Kyren

5. Will never happen, but I’ll put KC down just for the obvious fantasy implications 😂

Or, maybe he can go to the Jets or Eagles just to REALLY eff up those committees 😂😂
Ravens - have only spent a 2nd on a RB twice going all the way back to 2001 (Ray Rice, JK Dobbins) - I don't see them giving up huge capital for an RB with no rookie years left on his deal

Browns - already trying to roll cash into 2024 to dampen the forthcoming Watson insanity (64 million against the cap for 24/25/26) and still pretty depleted pick-wise from the Watson trade. For them, getting production out of rookie contracts will be key to continuing the party as the DW contract kicks into high gear; Taylor doesn't fit this plan.

Rams - maybe. They did sniff around McCaffrey. Still feels doubtful that this is a true contender when compared to the DAL / PHI / 49ers tier. They do love the Stars and Scrubs model.

KC - doubtful, because again - big contracts to pay already.

The best fit is probably still Miami. Think of it in these terms:

- Team that is all-in on a playoff run
- QB hasn't been paid their mega-extension yet

Packers are a low key sneaky fit. They're better than expected, and may try to move the timeline forward. Similar problem to the Ravens, in that they don't really draft RB's high - but they've occasionally shown they value the RB position with 2nd contracts to the right kind of guys. (Aaron Jones re-signed, but let Jamaal Williams walk, etc)

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:00 pm

mild wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:55 pm Packers are a low key sneaky fit. They're better than expected, and may try to move the timeline forward. Similar problem to the Ravens, in that they don't really draft RB's high - but they've occasionally shown they value the RB position with 2nd contracts to the right kind of guys. (Aaron Jones re-signed, but let Jamaal Williams walk, etc)
And it's looking increasingly likely that AJ Dillon will not qualify as "the right kind of guy". :doh:
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:05 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:00 pm
mild wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:55 pm Packers are a low key sneaky fit. They're better than expected, and may try to move the timeline forward. Similar problem to the Ravens, in that they don't really draft RB's high - but they've occasionally shown they value the RB position with 2nd contracts to the right kind of guys. (Aaron Jones re-signed, but let Jamaal Williams walk, etc)
And it's looking increasingly likely that AJ Dillon will not qualify as "the right kind of guy". :doh:
I think we're going to have shift the focus to teams with bad FO's -- since trading for what the Colts are asking for AND paying him a huge contract would be a resource allocation blunder.

I could see the Bears doing it in a last ditch effort to save their jobs (RIP Roschon in that scenario)

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:22 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:05 pm I think we're going to have shift the focus to teams with bad FO's -- since trading for what the Colts are asking for AND paying him a huge contract would be a resource allocation blunder.

I could see the Bears doing it in a last ditch effort to save their jobs (RIP Roschon in that scenario)
Lord have mercy that'd be bad. :lol:

I do agree that there's always the chance of a FO doing something drastic, and dumb - and that likely, that is what it's going to take, to make a JT trade happen.

But the RB discourse has now gone SO mainstream, I do wonder if those halycon days of paying a future 1st for Trent Richardson are truly in the rear view mirror... not paying RB's is a league-wide feature now. It's fair to speculate that even the dumbest of teams/GM's have probably cottoned on.

(Bears fans should lock up Ryan Pace's cellphone just in case though given that the last offensive player he traded for was the 32nd overall pick for Chase Claypool... :whistle: )

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:49 pm

mild wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:22 pm
Sriracha wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:05 pm I think we're going to have shift the focus to teams with bad FO's -- since trading for what the Colts are asking for AND paying him a huge contract would be a resource allocation blunder.

I do agree that there's always the chance of a FO doing something drastic, and dumb - and that likely, that is what it's going to take, to make a JT trade happen.

But the RB discourse has now gone SO mainstream, I do wonder if those halycon days of paying a future 1st for Trent Richardson are truly in the rear view mirror... not paying RB's is a league-wide feature now. It's fair to speculate that even the dumbest of teams/GM's have probably cottoned on.

(Bears fans should lock up Ryan Pace's cellphone just in case though given that the last offensive player he traded for was the 32nd overall pick for Chase Claypool... :whistle: )
We just saw Bijan Robinson and Jahmyr Gibbs both get selected in the top 12 of the NFL draft... I don't think the NFL is quite ready to embrace "zero RB"

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:25 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:49 pm We just saw Bijan Robinson and Jahmyr Gibbs both get selected in the top 12 of the NFL draft... I don't think the NFL is quite ready to embrace "zero RB"
No, obviously not. But there's a big difference between paying a 1st to have a cost-controlled 5 year rookie contract for a 21 year old with juice, and paying a 1st for a 24 year old with an injury history, and with absolute work-horse usage touch counts with 860 NFL touches and 968 college touches across the last 6 years - and then him expecting to be given his next long-term contract OR you just rental him for a year.

Quite a different value proposition, and also the entire reason we are in this mess in the first place.

Classic "the car loses half it's value when you drive it off the lot" allegory going on here... with the added bit that the current car owners (the Colts) have been absolutely driving it like they stole it for the last 3 years.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:17 pm

mild wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:22 pm

Why would the Bears do that? They don't even use their "#1" running back right now. :lol:

I was amazed that he was allowed to draft Fields, by trading away a future 1st. When a GM is on a "prove it" year, you don't let them trade major future capital. Just shows you how poor the ownership is. Takes one to know one, I'm a Raiders fan, don't forget. :boohoo: :lol:
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:28 am

Alright folks, place your bets. When (and for whom) does JT next play?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:32 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:28 am Alright folks, place your bets. When (and for whom) does JT next play?
Indy week 6 or 7

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:33 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:32 am
JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:28 am Alright folks, place your bets. When (and for whom) does JT next play?
Indy week 6 or 7
Indy week 5
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy, Rodgers, Geno, Carr
JT, K Williams, Javonte, Chubb, Ekeler, Mostert, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, Lamb, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, DJM, M. Williams
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3):
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2025 Picks: 1, 3, 3, 4

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Pitts, Dissly, Hooper
2025 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:37 am

hoos89 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:33 am
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:32 am
Indy week 6 or 7
Indy week 5
Very possible as well. I was thinking it may take a week or so to get back into the swing of things.

I think we can both agree he will not be traded. Play as many games as he needs to get to FA (or the franchise tag) next year

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:42 am

I'm not sure he just sits out after that...the Le'Veon Bell strategy is not going to work again after what happened with Bell, and JT should know that. I think that it's pretty shitty how the NFL can treat RBs given the inherent risks of that position but the reality is that he doesn't have leverage and not playing makes him even less likely to get a long term contract.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy, Rodgers, Geno, Carr
JT, K Williams, Javonte, Chubb, Ekeler, Mostert, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, Lamb, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, DJM, M. Williams
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3):
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2025 Picks: 1, 3, 3, 4

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Pitts, Dissly, Hooper
2025 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:40 am

hoos89 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:42 am I'm not sure he just sits out after that...the Le'Veon Bell strategy is not going to work again after what happened with Bell, and JT should know that. I think that it's pretty shitty how the NFL can treat RBs given the inherent risks of that position but the reality is that he doesn't have leverage and not playing makes him even less likely to get a long term contract.
He won't sit, they will file a grievance. The team doctors will likely assess him and say he's healthy. They can also tag him next year, but not much chance he can get away with faking an injury the rest of the year, and accrue the year, with a grievance from the league already filed vs the union.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:46 am

Hopefully you guys are right. Maybe I've just been prepared for the worst (Bell)