The Official Brock Purdy Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: The Official Brock Purdy Thread

Postby Lumps » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:54 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:41 am

The Giants sent 33 blitzes on 39 drop backs, which is a rate of 84.6%, which is the highest blitz rate in any game ever in NFL history, or at least as far back as the data goes since blitzes weren't an official statistic before the 80s or 90s sometime.

Brock was 20 of 31, 250+ yards and 2 TDs, for a 158 rating. He performed nearly perfect under pressure, as he has for the duration of his short NFL career thus far. The YAC is the result of the defense having fewer defenders in the second level of play.
I don’t disagree with a lot of what you said.

However, he had a number of “should have been intercepted” throws. I’ll be interested to see what PFF says about his grade and turnover worthy throws.

It’s easy to point to stats at the end of the game and act like it was all perfect.

Much the same, right now Daniel Jones is suffering the opposite from his receivers popping the ball up in the air for interceptions on at least 4 passes. He’s also credited with a fumble, when his center skipped a shotgun snap on the ground.

It’s all variance and applies to all QBs. Sometimes you’re on the positive side and sometimes the negative. But he did have some throws that should have gone the other way.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:07 am

yinzername wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:45 am I posted this in another Purdy thread that didn’t get much traction. Wondering what anyone may think:

tl;Dr - I’m looking at him as a sell high.
If Brock was a 1st round pick with the 8-0 start (plus two playoff wins, plus the Dolphins win, so really he's 11-0), 20 TDs, 4 INTs etc, would anybody be shocked? Or be questioning his ability? If this was Trey Lance, everybody would be anointing him the next big thing. But because it's a 7th rounder, everyone is doubting it'll last, and questioning when the free fall will happen.

Purdy is legit. Forget the analysts, listen to the players that play the game. Former QBs who are amazed, current DBs who can't read him, his own teammates who last year when they were in training camp who said "Who is the third QB? who is that guy? He looks legit"

The Giants sent 33 blitzes on 39 drop backs, which is a rate of 84.6%, which is the highest blitz rate in any game ever in NFL history, or at least as far back as the data goes since blitzes weren't an official statistic before the 80s or 90s sometime.

Brock was 20 of 31, 250+ yards and 2 TDs, for a 158 rating. He performed nearly perfect under pressure, as he has for the duration of his short NFL career thus far. The YAC is the result of the defense having fewer defenders in the second level of play.

You're not selling high. This is who he is. He's done the same exact thing for 11 straight games.
I don’t disagree but I do want to point out that 215 of the passing yards were YAK
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Caleb Williams - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - J Wright - Estime
WR: AJB - Pittman - Odunze - Shaheed - J Burton - R Pearsall - Doubs - E Moore
TE: MAndrews - Bowers - Bellinger - Kraft
‘25: one 1st, two 2nds, three 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - J Brooks - K Miller - J Wright - A Mattison - J Hill - W Shipley
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - J Burton - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:08 am

I appreciate the responses, I agree that Purdy is a baller right now in the field. But I still need a RB. Would u prefer to trade away Goff or Purdy? Is the downgrade to Pickett worth it to add ETN?
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Caleb Williams - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - J Wright - Estime
WR: AJB - Pittman - Odunze - Shaheed - J Burton - R Pearsall - Doubs - E Moore
TE: MAndrews - Bowers - Bellinger - Kraft
‘25: one 1st, two 2nds, three 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - J Brooks - K Miller - J Wright - A Mattison - J Hill - W Shipley
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - J Burton - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:01 pm

JT put out his Purdy week 3 review:

https://youtu.be/kiijkrGA-N8?si=-TJ5QzPWyRRyiOod

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:38 pm

yinzername wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:07 am
yinzername wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:45 am I posted this in another Purdy thread that didn’t get much traction. Wondering what anyone may think:

tl;Dr - I’m looking at him as a sell high.
If Brock was a 1st round pick with the 8-0 start (plus two playoff wins, plus the Dolphins win, so really he's 11-0), 20 TDs, 4 INTs etc, would anybody be shocked? Or be questioning his ability? If this was Trey Lance, everybody would be anointing him the next big thing. But because it's a 7th rounder, everyone is doubting it'll last, and questioning when the free fall will happen.

Purdy is legit. Forget the analysts, listen to the players that play the game. Former QBs who are amazed, current DBs who can't read him, his own teammates who last year when they were in training camp who said "Who is the third QB? who is that guy? He looks legit"

You're not selling high. This is who he is. He's done the same exact thing for 11 straight games.
I don’t disagree but I do want to point out that 215 of the passing yards were YAK
I’d also like to point out that CMC dropped (or his defender made an AMAZING play to strip the ball) a perfectly thrown 20 yd would-have-been TD pass from Purdy.

I get the YAC argument, but if we’re going to try to being that up we need to acknowledge the other side also. No doubt they are helping right now, but I also trust Shanahan to continue to draft/develop players that fit his style/mold in the coming years.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:51 pm

The YAC argument just means he's doing his job within the design of the offense. Having 215 yards of YAC isn't an indictment of Purdy, it's a compliment.

I know I said that Shedeur Sanders big game needed context due to YAC, so don't want to conflate the 2, because reviewing a prospects game with numbers like that who has no real tape at top flight college ball, it's tough to say he's a top prospect simply due to that.

I have my issues with Purdy's deep ball, but he's an extremely fast processor that makes quick decisions and good ones, that are really what this offense is about, to maximize the skill set of these players. The offense is set up for YAC, if run properly and efficiently. It why Purdy is there and Lance is long gone, because Purdy's internal clock was light year ahead, and he runs the offense quickly, and efficiently, as designed, on the whole.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:47 am

Just to add:

Air Yards Per Attempt 2023:
1) Tua (10.1 - by far number 1)
2) Brock Purdy (8.1)
Goff
Herbert
Cousins
Mahomes
etc

NFL Network Discussion:

"Brock Purdy is a top 10 QB right now, and could be a top 5"

And nobody disagreed.

BROCK IS MY BOY
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:54 am

ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:36 pm

This guy runs the WC offense so well. If you don't know why they moved off of Lance at this point, don't know what to tell you. His processing is so fast, he GETS IT, for this system. YES, he has his limitations, but man, he makes his decisions so quickly, and decisively. He's never going to be Mahomes, but man does he fit this current team well. He's miles better than Jimmy G was, and they PAID Jimmy G.

The funniest part is, the paid ALL that draft capital for Lance, and ended up getting what they paid for with the last pick of the draft.

The brain trust just got extensions. He's a buy high.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:59 pm

Purdy is leading the league in QBR and he's undefeated in every game that he hasn't left early in...

Hasn't lit the fantasy world on fire but as an actual NFL QB he's really, really good.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:07 pm

He's just a perfect fit for the playcalling style. The announcers kept hammering home the "point guard" and "distributor" that he is, and it's accurate. He's not an overwhelming talent individually, but doesn't really need to be....yet.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:10 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:07 pm He's just a perfect fit for the playcalling style. The announcers kept hammering home the "point guard" and "distributor" that he is, and it's accurate. He's not an overwhelming talent individually, but doesn't really need to be....yet.
I give him more credit than that. He's making plays out there. His only real weakness is that he doesn't have a great arm. He's like a more mobile and slightly less accurate Drew Brees.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:23 pm

He set a 49ers record today for completion percentage in a game, breaking Steve Young’s mark of 90% set in 1991.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:37 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:23 pm He set a 49ers record today for completion percentage in a game, breaking Steve Young’s mark of 90% set in 1991.
Still going to have to work to convince some Mike. However, I'm in.

Starting to think this could be the start of the 49er's dynasty that hadn't quite got off the ground in recent years. Until now. Of course, they need to continue to field a solid running game. And trading for McCaffrey, was frankly the master stroke. Right now, it looks like Philly and San Fran are on a collision course for the NFC Championship. Replay of 2022.

Assuming health, I think the 49er's get it done this year. Their defense appears superior to the Eagles thus far.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:49 am

I'm in!

I hate the "talent" debates. I hate the eye-test calculations. I hate most everything that isn't stats driven. Results is results. And Purdy's real life and fantasy results say he's a screaming buy. Hands down. No logical way to argue he's not.

#TooBadIHaveNoShares
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF