Rebuild or Push Chips All In?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Needalife
Legend
Legend

Rebuild or Push Chips All In?

Postby Needalife » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:28 am

Need some advice for this one team. 12 tm, 1.5ppr TEP, start QRRWWTFFF and IDPs

Q - Watson, Stafford, Rodgers (ugh)
R - Ekeler, Najee, Conner, K Herbert, Josh Kelley, Jaylen Warren, Breida
W - Kupp, Diggs, Evans, R Woods, Justin Watson
T - Henry, Higbee, L Thomas
DL - Payne, Judon
LB - Oluokun, TJ Edwards, Greenlaw, Hicks, Barton, Al Shaair
DB - Pitre, Chinn, Jalen Thompson, Donovan Wilson

Picks - 1st (likely 1.01), 1st (mine), 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Currently sitting in 2nd place at 2-0. I won the title last 2 years in a row. My IDP lineup is fairly elite. Not much offensive depth but really good starters, especially once Kupp returns. I could try and put the pedal down and trade my best 3 picks (which includes the likely 1.01 or at worst top 3). Or, I could make this a year to flip Kupp, Diggs, Conner and Ekeler and really load up on young players and picks.

What say you?!?!?!
16 TM / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 3 DL / 3 LB / 4 DB / 1 FX

QB: Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love, Michael Penix Jr, Kenny Pickett, Sean Clifford
RB: Raheem Mostert, Antonio Gibson, Jaylen Wright, Jeff Wilson
WR: Marvin Harrison Jr, Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, Gabriel Davis, Wan'Dale Robinson, Darius Slayton
TE: Kyle Pitts, Mike Gesicki, Isaiah Likely, Cade Stover
DL: Montez Sweat, Gregory Rousseau, Ed Oliver, Da'Ron Payne
LB: Devin Lloyd, Christian Harris, Jack Gibbens, Mack Wilson, Jack Sanborn
DB: Antoine Winfield, Camryn Bynum, Jeremy Chinn, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Amani Hooker, Justin Simmons, Caden Sterns
2025 PICKS: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5
2026 PICKS: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Rebuild or Push Chips All In?

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:35 am

I think you hold for now and see how the next few weeks progress. Seems like your QBs could be an issue and maybe RB2/3, but it's early in the season and always tough to decide which way to go with such different sides of the pandulem between rebuilding and trying to contend again. I can see it both ways with this build and if you want, you could shop your assets and let the market decide which direction to go based on options, but I don't think you need to decide until you see what Kupp can bring and if Harris can get going.

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:00 pm

we actually play to win and I think you have an excellent chance at a 3 peat, but many of theses assets will lose a ton of value by the end of the year. If its a money league i going for the pay day again but I wouldnt blame one to start selling off especially with a top 3 pick next year. I like what Gator said, see the next few weeks thorough see what happens.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

JCBoston
Rookie
Rookie

Postby JCBoston » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:23 pm

Tough one for sure. I'd hold out and see how the next couple weeks go but on the offensive side you're in need of a few young studs. Rebuild if you drop a game or 2 and some contender will def take Diggs, Eckler etc
QB: Hurts, Stafford, Minshew, Mullins, Stidham
RB: Henry, Mixon, Walker III, Elliot, Herbert, Edwards, K.Mitchell, McLaughlin
WR: Jefferson, Kupp, Hill, Allen, London, J.Reed, C.Samuel, D. Robinson
TE: Engram, Likely

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:56 pm

Thanks all. The other thing I always factor in is potential points. If I’m going the rebuild route, I want my pick to be as high as possible. Trading now versus mid season could be the difference of 1.08 vs 1.03 or something like that. Does that factor in for you?
16 TM / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 3 DL / 3 LB / 4 DB / 1 FX

QB: Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love, Michael Penix Jr, Kenny Pickett, Sean Clifford
RB: Raheem Mostert, Antonio Gibson, Jaylen Wright, Jeff Wilson
WR: Marvin Harrison Jr, Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, Gabriel Davis, Wan'Dale Robinson, Darius Slayton
TE: Kyle Pitts, Mike Gesicki, Isaiah Likely, Cade Stover
DL: Montez Sweat, Gregory Rousseau, Ed Oliver, Da'Ron Payne
LB: Devin Lloyd, Christian Harris, Jack Gibbens, Mack Wilson, Jack Sanborn
DB: Antoine Winfield, Camryn Bynum, Jeremy Chinn, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Amani Hooker, Justin Simmons, Caden Sterns
2025 PICKS: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5
2026 PICKS: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:07 pm

Well if your 2-0 it's a pretty easy answer, hold and see how the next 3-4 weeks go for you. You have several players hurt, not playing well, I'm still unsure how your 2-0. Wait it out, if you start losing then sell off the aging pieces and look to do a quidk rebuild.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, , J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, M Evans, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson,
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

tsarpepe
MVP
MVP

Postby tsarpepe » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:28 pm

Your team doesn't strike me as a favorite for the title. Many things would have to go right, given the weakness at QB, TE, and to some extent RB. Watson and Najee would have to wake up from their 2-year coma; and you need to upgrade TE. But you do have some ammunition, and the 2-0 start gives you a cushion to wait and see how things develop. If at midseason you see that you're just a piece or two away, use your 1st to address your soft spots. The other first you should keep just in case the push falls short.