2023 Injury Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: 2023 Injury Thread

Postby ericanadian » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:37 am

CGW wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:52 am
abloom wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:38 am NFL filed a grievance saying that the NFLPA suggested to running backs that they should fake or exaggerate injuries.

https://thehill.com/homenews/ap/ap-spor ... -injuries/

Maybe Dobbins and chubb are just really good actors?
Maybe they were referring to the guys who were actually faking injuries in the preseason.
I think this was mostly aimed at the Jonathan Taylor situation, but that seems driven mostly by the Colts, so… Players sit out preseason all the time and its never been an issue. My understanding is they got tipped off about a call where the PA instructed players to feign injuries, so it might not be about any specific player at all.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:43 am

Happens in football … same thing ended Gale Sayers career. You go low to takeout his legs and unfortunately his leg is planted to where his foot won’t slide to lessen the force on the knee or ankle joints. Saquon got lucky on his as he got bent sideways with foot planted and got the high/low treatment on the tackle.

Chance you take playing the game. Going low a lot of times the tackler gets concussed taking a knee to his head. Fitzpatrick was down on the play too. Many RBs have termed playing RBs position to being in multiple car crashes every week. Tomlinson coaches his guys to be great tacklers but don’t think he teaches to take their knees out. Just two players trying to make a play down near the goal line laying it all out to help their team win a game. Chubb still fighting & struggling to get to end zone and Fitzpatrick trying to stop him.

That’s why they talk about pad level for RBs to minimize these kinds of hits. Drop the forearm & shoulder to absorb or even deliver the blow rather than expose your body or legs. Unfortunately Chubb was exposed as he was being tackled by another player and his desire to stay up & get a TD. Feel absolutely horrible for him. His story was already an amazing one . Hoping he can amaze us and return to play again. More importantly hoping he can recover from this gruesome injury to walk normal again relatively pain free

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:47 am

I'm piling on with everyone here on siding with the players.

My hope is that the new NIL deals coming in actually help RBs tip the market. We are seeing it for Caleb Williams leveraging him staying in school if certain teams get the #1 pick. I haven't looked into the deals for college RBs, but if they can get up in the millions this could tip the hand for the NFL when they lose out on exciting young RBs to college programs. Imagine if Bijan stayed at Texas.

I do think we are VERY far away from this as NIL money does not yet compare to NFL money. Just saying the NFL will not just start paying RBs because they one day feel bad for RBs. There needs to be some outside force to influence their decision, union striking is a good way. A more logical way would be for boosters to start paying these RBs that help them compete for a National Title.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:57 am

Ok, some quick searches gave me some numbers.

Bijan and Gibbs are making multiple millions and definitely should be playing in the NFL. Their guaranteed money is 21 million and 19 million. The rest though are pretty replaceable. Charbs is 3.8 guaranteed and then a huge falloff where Miller is 1.1 guaranteed.

The top NIL deals for running backs are Blake Corum has a 1.1M deal, Nick Singleton has a 900k deal, Braelon Allen has a 875k deal. Still nowhere close to Bijan, Gibbs, or Charbs. But just as good as the day 3 picks.

I expect as the NIL gets sorted out more schools/ boosters will commit money to the high profile players. NCAA football is a billion dollar industry and NIL is in it's infancy stage.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:15 pm

I just saw the other angle of the Chubb injury. It's pretty graphic. Similar to his college one, the way his knee bent. It's like his entire knee was blown out, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 3 or more ligaments. So sad, I hate to say and, and really hope I'm wrong, but I think that might be it for him. He needs to be concerned about his long term health, with it being the same knee.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:45 pm

Waddle in concussion protocol.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:04 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:15 pm I just saw the other angle of the Chubb injury. It's pretty graphic. Similar to his college one, the way his knee bent. It's like his entire knee was blown out, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 3 or more ligaments. So sad, I hate to say and, and really hope I'm wrong, but I think that might be it for him. He needs to be concerned about his long term health, with it being the same knee.
Well, when they're saying it may take two surgeries to repair the damage you know it's about as bad as it gets. Supposedly the first surgery in 7-10 days, then another one approximately 7 weeks later.

I don't recall hearing about something like this with other knee injuries. I mean, clean-ups, sure. But stating up front they're going in twice? Doesn't sound promising. He was one of my favorite players. As others have said, I just hope he can get relatively normal function back in the leg regardless of whether or not he can play again.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:15 pm

Took all of 2 games before Bryce Young is having injury issues. Not a great trajectory so far. That OL was a major concern to me in the pre-season, and he looked slow back there the first 2 games. Not comfortable in the system or whatever, but he's hurt already. Not great, Bob. Not great.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:44 pm

Trevon Diggs tears ACL in practice, out for the season. Sucks for Cowboys fans.
Janiel Dones Truther

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:55 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:44 pm Trevon Diggs tears ACL in practice, out for the season. Sucks for Cowboys fans.
on the other hand, they're cowboys fans...

sucks more for him!

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:14 pm

Chubbs injury being reported as torn MCL, 6-8 month recovery.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Postby frerichs5 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:27 pm

abloom wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:14 pm Chubbs injury being reported as torn MCL, 6-8 month recovery.
Great news for him if that turns out to be true. All the reporting seemed far worse.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:22 pm

abloom wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:14 pm Chubbs injury being reported as torn MCL, 6-8 month recovery.
I'll believe it when I see it. Looked like a torn everything, including MCL.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:24 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:27 pm
Great news for him if that turns out to be true. All the reporting seemed far worse.
Couldn't agree more, that's as light as we'd have dared to hope. I think the reporting feared the worst simply because it was *that* gruesome.

The report does temper itself: "The pre-surgery recover window is clearly subject to change as Chubb has not gone under the knife yet, meaning we will know more once his surgery is performed"

... so we don't have the full picture yet. But certainly it's as good news as we could hope at this early stage.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:43 pm

mild wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:24 pm
frerichs5 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:27 pm
Couldn't agree more, that's as light as we'd have dared to hope. I think the reporting feared the worst simply because it was *that* gruesome.

The report does temper itself: "The pre-surgery recover window is clearly subject to change as Chubb has not gone under the knife yet, meaning we will know more once his surgery is performed"

... so we don't have the full picture yet. But certainly it's as good news as we could hope at this early stage.
Excellent news for sure. Better than the previous news I saw saying he may need multiple surgeries.