Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
81-
Captain
Captain

Re: Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

Postby 81- » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:04 pm

You gotta draft em until you hit. I've got a long list of bums.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:17 pm

I had two shares of Pitts, kept one, moved the other for Andrews:

Gave Pollard, Pitts, Zay Jones, KJO, 2024 2nd
for
Jacobs, Kamara, Andrews, DJM
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:58 pm

Kinda bummed about a low poor output game.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:03 pm

Oddball456 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:58 pm Kinda bummed about a low poor output game.
Wasn't the regime who drafted him. Hope that they trade him for a pick, maybe a later first, or an OL, or whatever. Just stay patient. He's got a lot of years left, but Smith and this QB definitely aren't the right fit right now.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:13 pm

When is one allowed to say ‘ I told you so’ about Pitts? My thread here never questioned his talent, just suggested that spending high-end first round picks on TEs in dynasty is a bad move 100% of the time. This thread and Pitts production thus far in his career proves it.

On a side note, I hope he gets out of Atlanta. He clearly isn’t being used right. Sad thing is that he’s probably a few years out still from being productive.
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:19 pm

McCafsteez wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:13 pm When is one allowed to say ‘ I told you so’ about Pitts? My thread here never questioned his talent, just suggested that spending high-end first round picks on TEs in dynasty is a bad move 100% of the time. This thread and Pitts production thus far in his career proves it.

On a side note, I hope he gets out of Atlanta. He clearly isn’t being used right. Sad thing is that he’s probably a few years out still from being productive.
He's still worth a mid-24 1st, ie. the same pick you advocated not to draft him with.

https://keeptradecut.com/trade-calculat ... sStartup=0

You also could have sold him for a windfall in the wake of his Rookie Season, adding ++ to the pick you were advocating not to draft him with. Lots of players with stories of selling Pitts upwards into cornerstone QB's / WR's out there, I'm sure.

In short: the pick to take Pitts has not proven to be a waste yet, strictly by asset value. Ergo: you must yet wait to take your lap. :D

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:28 pm

McCafsteez wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:13 pm When is one allowed to say ‘ I told you so’ about Pitts? My thread here never questioned his talent, just suggested that spending high-end first round picks on TEs in dynasty is a bad move 100% of the time. This thread and Pitts production thus far in his career proves it.

You were half right. Your premise was he wouldn’t break out for several years, which was false. However, was he worth what people were saying? No.

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:33 pm

mild wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:19 pm

He's still worth a mid-24 1st, ie. the same pick you advocated not to draft him with.

You also could have sold him for a windfall in the wake of his Rookie Season, adding ++ to the pick you were advocating not to draft him with. Lots of players with stories of selling Pitts upwards into cornerstone QB's / WR's out there, I'm sure.

In short: the pick to take Pitts has not proven to be a waste yet, strictly by asset value. Ergo: you must yet wait to take your lap. :D
People were spending top 3 picks on him in 2021. Those players that those top 3 picks turned into (Chase, D. Smith, Etienne, Waddle, Lawrence, Fields) are still considered to be worth substantially more valuable than a mid 2024 first now.

Also, let’s be honest…no one who drafted Pitts that early was trading him after his rookie season. If they were willing to spend that premium pick on him, they were willing to hold him.

At the end these are what ifs and hypotheticals. My lap is well deserved as spending that premium pick on Pitts in 2021 was a mistake. Let me run my lap!! Haha - cheers, brother!
-

2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:39 pm

McCafsteez wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:33 pm People were spending top 3 picks on him in 2021. Those players that those top 3 picks are still considered to be worth substantially more valuable than a mid 2024 first now.

Also, let’s be honest…no one who drafted pick that early was trading him after his rookie season. If they were willing to spend that premium pick on him, they were willing to hold him.

At the end these are what ifs and hypotheticals. My lap is well deserved as spending that premium pick on Pitts in 2021 was a mistake. Let me run my lap!! Haha - cheers, brother!
Oh right, you should have told me you were a 1QB luddite. I only play Superflex, and that was a Superflex trade value.

Good news! He's still worth a premium '24 pick! (ie. more than a mid-1st)

The victory laps will remain un-run until the bottoming out of Pitts' value is completed! GOOD DAY SIR :lol:

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:03 pm

I don’t think spending high end first round picks in TEs in dynasty is fair here, because this is solely the offensive scheme and QB at this point. Pitts in KC obliterates the league.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:16 pm

IMO, bottom line is targets/usage. The TEs who get volume are the top fantasy guys more so than they are the best talents per se. I look at Hock as a perfect example... he did nothing in DET because he wasn't featured in the offense. The minute Hock got to MIN, he immediately became elite because he got the volume.

I don't feel like Pitts is a bad player at all. We saw what he did his rookie year. Sadly, he's stuck in an offense that refuses to feature him. I think the talent is still elite but the usage is complete trash.

All Pitts owners can do is hope for ATL losses, a coaching change or somehow a trade to maybe force a change up.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:19 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:03 pm

I don’t think spending high end first round picks in TEs in dynasty is fair here, because this is solely the offensive scheme and QB at this point. Pitts in KC obliterates the league.
It’s quite possible that Pitts on ANY other team obliterates the league.

I’m not sure why you draft a guy 4th overall and do nothing with him to try to get some value from a pick that high. It’s so bizarre
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:21 pm

It’s completely fair because it doesn’t matter why he hasn’t lived up to the value of the pick. All that matters is that he hasn’t and that’s why it was a waste to spend the premium pick on him. I can trade for him now at a substantially less cost than using a top 3 pick in 2021 on him which trading should be considered as the best way to get a stud TE, outside of finding one off waivers.
-

2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:32 pm

McCafsteez wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:21 pm

It’s completely fair because it doesn’t matter why he hasn’t lived up to the value of the pick. All that matters is that he hasn’t and that’s why it was a waste to spend the premium pick on him. I can trade for him now at a substantially less cost than using a top 3 pick in 2021 on him which trading should be considered as the best way to get a stud TE, outside of finding one off waivers.
IDK, I think it's a push, because Pitts put up over 1000 yards as a 21 year old rookie, and gave people the opportunity to cash out for double the value they paid. If they held, they are kind of stuck. I'd still pay a mid first in TEP, but I don't think you're overall assesment of the player/position was wrong.

The underlined alone makes it not a waste, IMO. People had the choice to move on at a profit. If these chose not to, they wasted THAT opportunity, not the pick itself.

If it had been a team with Ryan a few years younger, you'd likely be wrong, because his trajectory was fantastic. Arthur Smith and Ridder are a huge reason Pitts is a middling TE right now.

I say it's a push because I think your point overall is sound, Pitts is 2 plus years in, and not a weekly difference maker, but that rookie year did give people a massive profit opportunity.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:25 am

As I said earlier in this thread when asked. Once he has a decent/good QB and he fails. To me only waddle and Smith were being drafted after him, were projected to put up good numbers, and should have been drafted before him in rookie drafts had we known what years two and beyond would look like.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07