Puka Nacua

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: Puka Nacua

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:40 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:18 pm Kevin White for me, OOF.
White was a top rookie draft prospect though. These guys (Puka, Fulgham, PW) were all late rookie picks or waiver adds.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Nix
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Connor, Benson
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Woods

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:52 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:40 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:18 pm Kevin White for me, OOF.
White was a top rookie draft prospect though. These guys (Puka, Fulgham, PW) were all late rookie picks or waiver adds.
True. Good point. I guess guys you get in the 4th/WW they can never really BUST for me, as there we little to no expectation.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:38 pm

mild wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:23 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:06 pm 1.01
You used to be one of my favourite DLF posters.

Sad times.
Well how about this. Given his draft capital, the hit rate for Puka being a “stud” is somewhere between 1-4% per the rookie wr production report viewtopic.php?p=2127102#p2127102

Of course those odds could change depending on how he produces the rest of the season.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:44 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:38 pm Well how about this. Given his draft capital, the hit rate for Puka being a “stud” is somewhere between 1-4% per the rookie wr production report viewtopic.php?p=2127102#p2127102

Of course those odds could change depending on how he produces the rest of the season.
Way more like it DD! :thumbup:

I gotta say, he impressed the hell out of me... he definitely plays reckless, but he's undeniably a gamer.

If Stafford is going to keep targeting him like that... and throwing like THAT... Puka's a must-start flex.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:52 pm

mild wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:44 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:38 pm Well how about this. Given his draft capital, the hit rate for Puka being a “stud” is somewhere between 1-4% per the rookie wr production report viewtopic.php?p=2127102#p2127102

I gotta say, he impressed the hell out of me... he definitely plays reckless, but he's undeniably a gamer.

If Stafford is going to keep targeting him like that... and throwing like THAT... Puka's a must-start flex.
Stafford impressed me. Could be the start of a huge bounce back year. His fantasy value took a huge hit through this past year, but he can still produce. And that was without Kupp

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:29 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:52 pm

Stafford impressed me. Could be the start of a huge bounce back year. His fantasy value took a huge hit through this past year, but he can still produce. And that was without Kupp
It might be a good idea to keep in mind that they were playing Seattle. And there defense is... Not good.

And their offense was so bad, the Rams had the ball nearly the entire 2nd half.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:37 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:29 pm It might be a good idea to keep in mind that they were playing Seattle. And there defense is... Not good.

I'm definitely keeping that in mind. The SF defense is going to be a completely different kind of animal. Hard to think that Puka goes for 100+ this week.

(But my god... if he does???)

On the plus side - they're going to be down, and needing to throw. That's as good as a lock.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:49 pm

mild wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:37 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:29 pm It might be a good idea to keep in mind that they were playing Seattle. And there defense is... Not good.

I'm definitely keeping that in mind. The SF defense is going to be a completely different kind of animal. Hard to think that Puka goes for 100+ this week.

(But my god... if he does???)

On the plus side - they're going to be down, and needing to throw. That's as good as a lock.
And to be clear, I wasn't being condescending. Seattle literally had 12 yards of offense, and 1 first down in the final 30 minutes. The Rams had the ball for nearly 40 minutes. It was UGLY.

So yes, it will absolutely be interesting to see Rams vs. 49ers. Are the Rams as good as they looked Week 1? Do they have a shot at the division?
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:43 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:29 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:52 pm

It might be a good idea to keep in mind that they were playing Seattle. And there defense is... Not good.

Haha yup almost put that caveat in there. I doubt he would have looked the same against say Dallas and their relentless pressure. Still don't think LAR is a playoff team necessarily, but Stafford probably compiles a good fantasy season if he continues that level of play and Kupp makes his way back soon

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:51 am

If he's getting a 41% target share the entire season then he's a Top 12-16 play at WR.

This could be an Amon Ra situation where someone just takes advantage of an awful WR room and gets ridiculous volume. But, I expect some sort of trail off here.

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:28 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:38 pm
mild wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:23 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:06 pm 1.01
You used to be one of my favourite DLF posters.

Sad times.
Well how about this. Given his draft capital, the hit rate for Puka being a “stud” is somewhere between 1-4% per the rookie wr production report viewtopic.php?p=2127102#p2127102

Based on draft capital, but based on average production he is off the charts for a sample size of… 1 lol

Do we have the 2023 report starting in week 4 or so? 💪
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:46 am

I’m getting Stefon Diggs vibes from Puka. Late draft capital, guy proves he can ball early, wins in different ways, shreds man coverage, people say to sell, miss out on future stud.

Obviously, that is the absolute best outcome, which I think is unrealistic. That said, I think we’re gonna see this kid ball out with Stafford. Holding for anything less than a 1st.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Pacheco, Jacobs, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Zach Evans
WR: AJB, Olave, Aiyuk, London, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Dotson, Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Mayer

2024: 1.02, 1.11, 3.01
2025: 2x 1st, 2nd
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:45 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:46 am I’m getting Stefon Diggs vibes from Puka. Late draft capital, guy proves he can ball early, wins in different ways, shreds man coverage, people say to sell, miss out on future stud.

Obviously, that is the absolute best outcome, which I think is unrealistic. That said, I think we’re gonna see this kid ball out with Stafford. Holding for anything less than a 1st.
That's always the risk/reward debate on all of these guys. There's the chance they ball out and turn into top end assets. I think Puka's performance at least shows hes got WR2 upside long term, even if it's unlikely he gets peppered with targets with Kupp active.

This is going to be a fun story to watch unfold. They play the Niners this week, so if he gets even remotely the same production his value will climb quite a bit. I've already had offers of 2nds. On the flip side, if he disappears you may not be able to sell him for a bologna sandwich on day old bread. All depends on risk appetite.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:03 am

Just traded Puka and Hollywood Brown for a projected mid 1st in a SF league. Thrilled with that.

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:10 am

CGW wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:03 am Just traded Puka and Hollywood Brown for a projected mid 1st in a SF league. Thrilled with that.
Nice work. If that thing somehow ends up being early, oh mama.