All Things Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
81-
Captain
Captain

Re: All Things Bears

Postby 81- » Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:40 pm

Tvols wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:42 pm anyone rostering Bears players are probably losing this week and having a very long season lol..
Or Cincy players or jets players :wall:
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:07 pm

Local scribes have officially gone anti fields.
Burrow, Richardson
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:54 pm

mild wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:03 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:54 pm Or you know, you all can just keep scrolling and do something else.

I think we'd prefer to keep dunking on your horrific Bears takes for a while longer, if that's alright by you.

Given that you've been posting unfettered copy-paste homerism for 40-odd days, I deem it only fair.

I'd be happily taking my lumps right now if I'd had the sheer blind-sightedness to start the "All Things Giants" thread, ya know... :lol:
Does THIS qualify?????

https://twitter.com/PistonsAntonio/stat ... 9680591106

Just trying to help the cause! :lol: :wink:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:11 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:54 pm
mild wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:03 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:54 pm Or you know, you all can just keep scrolling and do something else.

I think we'd prefer to keep dunking on your horrific Bears takes for a while longer, if that's alright by you.

Given that you've been posting unfettered copy-paste homerism for 40-odd days, I deem it only fair.

I'd be happily taking my lumps right now if I'd had the sheer blind-sightedness to start the "All Things Giants" thread, ya know... :lol:
Does THIS qualify?????

https://twitter.com/PistonsAntonio/stat ... 9680591106

Just trying to help the cause! :lol: :wink:
This link does not meet the minimum quality level.
Burrow, Richardson
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:52 pm

Great news Bears fans, it's the moment you've all been waiting for.

"Hi Everybody, welcome to the QB School, I am JT O'Sullivan... today... Justin Fields. Chicago Bears. Week 1, 2023, Dumpster Fire Spectacular - lock in, buckle up, here we go - welcome to the QB School."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiiK21VzI_o

A full hour breaking down Justin Fields film. Bears faithful? You be the judge.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:32 pm

mild wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:52 pm Great news Bears fans, it's the moment you've all been waiting for.

"Hi Everybody, welcome to the QB School, I am JT O'Sullivan... today... Justin Fields. Chicago Bears. Week 1, 2023, Dumpster Fire Spectacular - lock in, buckle up, here we go - welcome to the QB School."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiiK21VzI_o

A full hour breaking down Justin Fields film. Bears faithful? You be the judge.
The sense of urgency, comment on that early DJM sail route (BTW Claypool was open over the middle there too, and he had time to see that, over the middle. Would have been better than the pass to Herbert too), but it's astounding how slowly Fields processes and moves through his drop/progressions. One of the things I notice about Purdy is how quickly he gets through things, for instance. Not nearly the physical talent.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

brward
Rookie
Rookie

Postby brward » Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:34 pm

I’ve watched a good amount of JT’s QB school and this is the most ruthless he’s ever been. Highly recommend this one. Compare it to the Purdy video he also just released. Night and day

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:29 am

On the bright side, it can't get worse than that...

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:33 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:39 pm This is a really good article and I agree with it 100%. It echoes what's being said here in this forum.

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2023/ ... s-eberflus

10 Bears Takes: Dissecting yet another ugly loss to the Green Bay Packers
i liked point 2: he was good in the first half, when they scored a whopping 6 (six) points. then it started going downhill.
:lol:

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:08 pm

I particularly loved the preseason hype of the bears. I don’t ever remember a team that earned the #1 pick, not draft a QB, and receive such unbelievable hype. I got texts from my poor bears fan friends saying “this was supposed to be our year!!!” Hahahahaha based on WHAT? Adding DJ Moore? Fields can’t pass and everyone acted like Fields was gonna take this massive jump and then reality bitch slapped them in the face with Love tossing 3 TD and accepting ownership transfer from the Goat Rodgers 😂😂😂
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:04 am

-THE DUDE- wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:08 pm I particularly loved the preseason hype of the bears. I don’t ever remember a team that earned the #1 pick, not draft a QB, and receive such unbelievable hype. I got texts from my poor bears fan friends saying “this was supposed to be our year!!!” Hahahahaha based on WHAT? Adding DJ Moore? Fields can’t pass and everyone acted like Fields was gonna take this massive jump and then reality bitch slapped them in the face with Love tossing 3 TD and accepting ownership transfer from the Goat Rodgers 😂😂😂
Where were they getting that kind of hype? I'm a Bears fan and most of the people I know are Bears fans...I think most people were just hoping for them to be a 0.500 team this year and maybe luck into a first round playoff loss based on being in a bad division with an easy schedule. Nobody really thought they would actually be good this year....just not nearly as bad as they looked week 1. Other than Wicker I haven't seen that much hype and basically everybody has been in agreement that the lines were going to be terrible on both sides of the ball.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:12 am

well? no training updates?

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:26 am

Apologies if this has been posted already, I'm blocked from things like Twitter on this PC. But "The QB School" , @theqbschool , is a very interesting follow on Twitter. He breaks down a lot of plays each week.

Some of the reviews of Fields and / or some of the play calling are pretty scathing. That said...it confirms to me that playing QB is an almost impossible task that only a tiny percentage of humans can do effectively. How do they fix some of this stuff? Ask him to go out and either hit the first read, MAYBE scan for the second read...then bail? It seems daunting. Not trying to dunk on Fields, just genuinely trying to further advance the conversation here and ask what they can do to right this ship.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:56 am

brward wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:34 pm I’ve watched a good amount of JT’s QB school and this is the most ruthless he’s ever been. Highly recommend this one. Compare it to the Purdy video he also just released. Night and day
Oh sorry, I missed this comment before my prior post. Agreed, this is a great Twitter follow. Is he new on Twitter? I admit this is the first year I'm seeing some of his stuff. Also...dumb question...who is it? A former NFL QB?
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:16 am

career backup journeyman, must have had more playbooks to study than hot meals to eat.