Caldwell->BAL Manning?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
AK49
Captain
Captain

Caldwell->BAL Manning?

Postby AK49 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:20 pm

Caldwell hired as Ravens QB coach?
Precursor for booting Flacco and Signing Manning?
We know they are not happy w/ Flacco, despite his solid AFC champ performance.
12 Team PPR TE Premium
(1) QB Stafford, Cutler
(1-3)RB: CJ Spiller, F Jax, Mathews, Latavius
(2-4)WR: AJ Green, C. Patterson, Alshon Jeffery, M. Floyd, J. Blackmon, M. Wheaton, M. Brown
(0-2)TE: Julius Thomas, Ladarius Green, K. Rudolph

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Caldwell->BAL Manning?

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:25 pm

No. Manning will probably never play again, for one. Second, Caldwell had to settle for whatever job he could get. That's the Raven's QB coach position, previously held by another esteemed, never-qualified ex-HC, Jim Zorn. It has nothing to do with Manning, I'd bet.

CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:35 pm

The Ravens and Jets are both too stubborn to admit they don't have enough at QB to win a SB. They also don't seem to be concerned with aging defenses that aren't what they used to be. The Ravens have been adding solid players on D but the next Suggs/Lewis/Reed is not on that roster currently.

That being said, no way to the Manning idea. Like Conn said, it isn't even worth speculating until the guys gets medical clearance. All Manning and Best owners need to be in a patient holding pattern until we get more info. MJD proved this year that some things get overblown.
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:25 am

Personally, I think Flacco can win a Superbowl. I think the problem was Cam Cameron and the well publicized rocky relationship with Flacco hurt the Ravens chances as much as anything. I also think his Wr's and TE's weren't exactly the greatest. I think he will get better and better as Smith improves and they get another top flight WR on their team.
I'm a Patriots fan, but, even I will admit that the ravens were a missed FG or a failed TD catch (Evans) from going to the Superbowl. If Trent Dilfer can win a Superbowl... Flacco can too.

As sad as i am to admit this... it really sucks to think that Manning may never play again. I'm a Patriots fan through and through, but I appreciate how great Manning was and will sorely miss watching him play as one of the games greatest QB's.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:49 am

I like Flacco. My understanding is that reports are out the P.Manning's arm strength hasn't come back. Manning likely isn't going anywhere but his couch.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:05 am

rotoworld

Peyton Manning - QB - Colts Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports that "people close" to Peyton Manning (neck surgeries) believe his career is over.
Two sources told Yahoo that the nerves in Manning's three-time surgically repaired neck are not just recovering slowly, they "don’t appear to be progressing at enough of a rate to indicate that he will play again." Manning has lost velocity on his passes, and the sources don't believe he'll regain it. Further, two NFL-affiliated doctors would recommend against the Colts paying Manning's $28 million roster bonus. It's believed Manning's rehab has "hit a plateau." Source: Yahoo Sports Jan 30 - 11:26 PMPlayer Outlook

Peyton Manning - QB - Colts According to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer, "whispers coming out of Indy" are that Peyton Manning's (neck surgeries) career is over.
Those close to Manning believe he's "determined" to continue his football career, but we don't doubt that there is heavy speculation among Colts fans and team observers about Manning considering or even being close to retirement. More information should continue to trickle out as the days pass by.

drmrcotton
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby drmrcotton » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:42 am

I agree with Yumbo. I think Flacco has the ability and the supporting cast, but I have trouble understanding why the kept Cam Cameron. I like the Caldwell hire for Flacco but I don't see that any sign they go after Peyton. Honestly, the Ravens have enough age on their team already.

AK49
Captain
Captain

Postby AK49 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:46 pm

CokeAndBacardi wrote:The Ravens and Jets are both too stubborn to admit they don't have enough at QB to win a SB.
I think that the problem is more on flacco. He has enough skill/talent to be a more than adequate 'game manager' but he is too stubborn to admit that that is what he is. He can mAke the plays when they need him to. But he can't carry them. He was whining the whole playoffs. Dilfer knew his role and didn't complain to the media. Flacco also needs another target. Bouldin and smith aren't elite.
12 Team PPR TE Premium
(1) QB Stafford, Cutler
(1-3)RB: CJ Spiller, F Jax, Mathews, Latavius
(2-4)WR: AJ Green, C. Patterson, Alshon Jeffery, M. Floyd, J. Blackmon, M. Wheaton, M. Brown
(0-2)TE: Julius Thomas, Ladarius Green, K. Rudolph