All Things Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Re: All Things Bears

Postby Tvols » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:08 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:58 pm So can someone say it now? Because nobody wants to....Fields AINT IT. Tank for Caleb time. 2 high end firsts. Fields can't play NFL ball. He's an AMAZING athlete a few plays a game, but he's not going to get you where you want to be. He's just not able to process on the field. That doesn't make him a stupid person, either. A lot of really smart people on the white board can't do it either. Fields can't process the game well enough to be a franchise QB, even with his athleticism. If he had Rosen's athleticism, he'd be done already.
Fields is who we thought he is !

I’m only messing with y’all wicker I feel the pain as I said I’m a cowboys fan..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:16 pm

Tvols wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:08 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:58 pm So can someone say it now? Because nobody wants to....Fields AINT IT. Tank for Caleb time. 2 high end firsts. Fields can't play NFL ball. He's an AMAZING athlete a few plays a game, but he's not going to get you where you want to be. He's just not able to process on the field. That doesn't make him a stupid person, either. A lot of really smart people on the white board can't do it either. Fields can't process the game well enough to be a franchise QB, even with his athleticism. If he had Rosen's athleticism, he'd be done already.
Fields is who we thought he is !

I’m only messing with y’all wicker I feel the pain as I said I’m a cowboys fan..
He's always had those "deer in the headlights, eyes to me". He's a college QB. I don't think he's a franchise NFL QB, and certainly don't think he's "special" as a certai ex league-mate of mine thought. I don't see it. Maybe there is some miraculous recovery, but I thought Love would be the better NFL QB this off season, after watching both. The good thing is, that at least the Bears have DJM for the next QB that comes in. Hey, it's week 1, but the evidence in mounting that Fields isn't it, and this regime didn't draft him. I wouldn't be totally surprised IF, IF it looks like this by week 10, that we see if they give Bagent a shot, since they did pick him, and want to see him play. Worst case scenario, of course.

Addendum: I just had to, after this off season stuff.

https://twitter.com/purdyflaco/status/1 ... 2275124341
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:33 pm

Tvols wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:08 pm Fields is who we thought he is !

No pass for Wicker from me. This thread has been ridiculous from day dot. Rampant homerism, and a severe lack of critical thought as applied to a team that we last saw winning the 2023 1.01.

It deserves to die, just like the Bears chances at a winning season.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:37 pm

mild wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:33 pm
Tvols wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:08 pm Fields is who we thought he is !

No pass for Wicker from me. This thread has been ridiculous from day dot. Rampant homerism, and a severe lack of critical thought as applied to a team that we last saw winning the 2023 1.01.

It deserves to die, just like the Bears chances at a winning season.
Spot on. We don't have threads on other teams, and it's bee copy and paste or "positive notes" from him on the practices. Even the DJM thread seemed like an extension of this one, which nobody has mentioned yet, so I will.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:49 pm

Oof

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:12 pm

Welp, I was pretty wrong here. So feel free to pile on. Some thoughts:

• Fields looked bad.
• BUT play calling was worse.
• It's one game, but I may be questioning Fields now.
• Where were the passes to DJM? Two targets?
• OL was not good.
• DEF was not terrible, had some moments.

We'll see what comes next but to say this was anything other than disappointing would be a lie.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

oneson9192
Role Player
Role Player

Postby oneson9192 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:26 pm

Aaaand that's why this Bears fan was calling for the end of this thread months ago.

There are plenty of existing outlets/platforms for Bears fans to chat, hope, and (usually) mourn together. This forum isn't one of them, and spamming Bears camp updates has now drawn the ire from fans all around the sport. People are victory lapping last year's worst team losing a pick'em game in week 1 (And I don't blame them at all for doing it! We deserve it!)

Quick take on the game from a Fields' truther: I'm one of the fiercest Field's defenders out there (glance through my prior posts if you don't believe me), BUT - he stunk today. He genuinely looked bad in essentially all facets of quarterbacking. All his weaknesses from years 1 and 2 are still apparent: weirdly poor short accuracy, ball security, holding onto the damn ball too long. Sure, the offensive line was hilariously overmatched, but even the few times he had time in the pocket, he seemed unable to push the ball past 5 yards. The last two years, I often assumed that no one was getting open deep (and was often right), but that just can't be the full story anymore; he has weapons. Either the coaches don't trust him to throw deep, or he doesn't trust his WRs to make plays. I hope it's the latter, which seems more correctable.
Sure, his coaching and blocking isn't perfect, but this is the coaching and blocking he'll have for his "audition year", and he has to make the best of it. I'm not going to give up on him after one game- I'll give him as much time as the Bears do in terms of evaluation (likely the full season), but if he continues to play anything like today, he will absolutely be replaced in the spring. God, that hurts to type out.
2021 Startup
Superflex – PPR - TE Premium (1.5 PPR) – 12 Team
1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 SF, 1 Flex

QB: J Allen, J Fields, D Jones, W Levis, S Darnold
RB: B Hall, K Walker, T Etienne, R Johnson, D Foreman, J McLaughlin, E Demercado
WR: ARSB, G Wilson, DK Metcalf, B Aiyuk, T Higgins, C Godwin, J Williams, R Bateman
TE: K Pitts, D Goedert, L Musgrave
2024: 1.03, 2.03, 3.11
2025: 1-3-4-4-5

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:31 pm

oneson9192 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:26 pm Aaaand that's why this Bears fan was calling for the end of this thread months ago.
I know it scarcely seems believable... but this 24 page thread was only typed into existence just over 1 month ago. :lol:

Friday August 4th. A truly auspicious day.

I can understand how it has felt like a lot longer to you, though.

And I agree with everything else you wrote.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:50 pm

Can we delete this thread now?

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:53 pm

Hey, it's just one game .... a lot of football left.
@PlankMelody

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:54 pm

Or you know, you all can just keep scrolling and do something else.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:03 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:54 pm Or you know, you all can just keep scrolling and do something else.
I think we'd prefer to keep dunking on your horrific Bears takes for a while longer, if that's alright by you.

Given that you've been posting unfettered copy-paste homerism for 40-odd days, I deem it only fair.

I'd be happily taking my lumps right now if I'd had the sheer blind-sightedness to start the "All Things Giants" thread, ya know... :lol:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:06 pm

mild wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:03 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:54 pm Or you know, you all can just keep scrolling and do something else.
I think we'd prefer to keep dunking on your horrific Bears takes for a while longer, if that's alright by you.

Given that you've been posting unfettered copy-paste homerism for 40-odd days, I deem it only fair.

I'd be happily taking my lumps right now if I'd had the sheer blind-sightedness to start the "All Things Giants" thread, ya know... :lol:
LOL, fair enough. They better make some big changes next week or this avatar bet is as easy loss for me.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:07 pm

I know it's only one game, but I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the ball Lucy is holding. FML.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:29 pm

mild wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:03 pm

Am I the only one hoping JT does a break down of this performance this week? I mean, I know what I saw, but he's got a lot more resources, both technically, and experience wise. I'd love to see a show where he breaks down both QB's back to back.