Question - Waivers on Sleeper

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Question - Waivers on Sleeper

Postby Servo » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:49 pm

New league, had our rookie draft two months ago and have had no FA transactions since. Before the season we're doing a 1x Special FAAB session and I hate how Sleeper doesn't have time-based tiebreakers. So our waiver system is currently reverse draft order.

I'm curious how others do it or maintain league integrity, should waivers return to reverse draft order after this session or say the #12 team doesn't bid a dollar and 1-11 do, should they begin the season as #1? Any thoughts/insight would be appreciated.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Question - Waivers on Sleeper

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:57 am

Servo wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:49 pm New league, had our rookie draft two months ago and have had no FA transactions since. Before the season we're doing a 1x Special FAAB session and I hate how Sleeper doesn't have time-based tiebreakers. So our waiver system is currently reverse draft order.

I'm curious how others do it or maintain league integrity, should waivers return to reverse draft order after this session or say the #12 team doesn't bid a dollar and 1-11 do, should they begin the season as #1? Any thoughts/insight would be appreciated.

See if people will chip in a few bucks and move to MFL. I get it's free, sometimes, you get what you pay for. This is the result of cheaping out on a platform. I played on Sleeper, on a trial basis, and it's just too limited. There are threads that argue about this, somewhere here on DLF, but I mean, it's a free platform. Expect these types of limitations, if you can work around it, great, but honestly, IMO, a few extra bucks is worth it to have way more options for your league. No player pictures though, that sucks, unfortunately (if you're 12). :lol:

Rant over. Sorry, I just honestly think as a commish, stuff like this is so much easier on MFL. Their support is top notch, too. I've never had a support request go past 24 hours, to my recolection.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:31 am

Sleeper’s approach with FAAB is to start with reverse of most recent draft order, but then the order changes as claims are made. Each successful claim drops a team to the bottom of the priority list. So it starts with reverse draft order then goes to a rolling priority list. This seems reasonably fair to me.

Counter-rant, short version: MFL stinks, terrible UI
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:07 am

Ruggenater wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:31 am Sleeper’s approach with FAAB is to start with reverse of most recent draft order, but then the order changes as claims are made. Each successful claim drops a team to the bottom of the priority list. So it starts with reverse draft order then goes to a rolling priority list. This seems reasonably fair to me.

Counter-rant, short version: MFL stinks, terrible UI
This. MFL almost made me quit fantasy. Sleeper is by far the best overall dynasty platform.