RB Stashes for next year or starters by mid season

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

RB Stashes for next year or starters by mid season

Postby gpaok » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:32 am

Who are players you are stashing with the hope that next year they get a chance to lead a backfield or will replace current starters?

I feel like the Chicago Bears backfield with K. Herbert and R. Johnson by mid season.

Indianapolis could have a similar situation next year where Hull could be the starter.

What do others think?
Last edited by gpaok on Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: RB Stashes or starters by mid season

Postby gpaok » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:33 am

New Orleans also feels like it will have a helm change by next year.

RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:36 am

gpaok wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:33 am New Orleans also feels like it will have a helm change by next year.
I think the Saints win the division this season. I’d also not be surprised if Kamara is extended
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:41 am

j4pac wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:36 am
gpaok wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:33 am New Orleans also feels like it will have a helm change by next year.
I think the Saints win the division this season. I’d also not be surprised if Kamara is extended
That’s an interesting take do you worry with Kamara being 28 they would just move on like the cowboys did?

sehon4
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: RB Stashes for next year or starters by mid season

Postby sehon4 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:00 am

This below:

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2023/07 ... lvin-cook/

Back to Kamara. Right now, he is set to carry a salary cap hit north of $18.8 million into 2024 — with more than $7 million of it coming from his prorated signing bonus. He’ll have another $1 million roster bonus trigger on March 22, per Over The Cap, but the bulk of his payout comes from a $10.2 million base salary.

Moving Kamara before June 1, 2024 (either in a trade or release) saves the Saints just $1.6 million. Designating him a post-June 1 cut would bring $11.8 million in savings, but not until after that date. Waiting to trade him would do the same. But for the Saints to do that they’d still need to carry his $18.8 million cap hit on the books through free agency, the draft, and early-summer team practices.

So odds are that Kamara will agree to another restructure in 2024. That saves the team $8.1 million against the cap and guarantees him his roster spot. The big decision on his future with the team is still set for 2025, when his cap hit swells to a staggering $29 million (this restructure we’re proposing would put him over $30 million). At that point the Saints would need to choose whether to sign him to a new extension and create cap relief or cut bait altogether and save as much as $25 million in unguaranteed cash.

But none of this matters if Kamara doesn’t return to form. If he continues to decline they’ll move on from him without a second thought. Kamara peaked with 112.5 scrimmage yards per game in 2020 but that number has fallen in each of the subsequent years, to 102.8 in 2021 and just 92.5 in 2022. An upgrade at quarterback should help him become more of a threat on passing downs, and improved blocking will help him as a rusher, but at the end of the day Kamara needs to look more like his old self. The Saints drafted Kendre Miller this year as a long-term option in case Kamara isn’t on the team in a year or two. Hopefully it won’t come to that, but you never know. All that’s certain is that there are slim pickings on the open market for even star running backs. If all goes well, maybe Kamara can work something out with the Saints so he never has to experience it for himself.
12 team dynasty, Protect 13 players annually, plus 3 2yr psquad- Max 4RB, Max 5WR, Max 3QB, Max 2TE, Max 1K, Max 1Def, Max 1 Flex. Roster size 18 plus 3 IR & 3 PSquad-3 2yr Psquad(signed for 2 years)
QB-Justin Hebert, Jordan Love
Derek Carr
RB-Alvin Kamara, Javonte Williams, Bijan Robinson, Chuba Hubbard
WR- Mike Williams, D.K Metcalf, Tim Higgins, Terry McLaurin, Jayden Reed Michael Gallup
2yr PSquad Jameson Williams, Marvin Mims Jr. , John Metchie III
TE- George Kittle, Cole Kmet, Dalton Kincaid
2015 League Champions (finally)
2009 2nd place, 2010 2nd place, 2014 2nd place, 2018 2nd place, 2020 2nd place
2012 3rd place, 2019 3rd place
2023 rookie draft picks: 1.01; 2.01; 2.05; 2.08; 3.02; 3.10; 4.12; 5.01
Traded Aaron Rodgers and Khilil Herbert for Jameson Williams & pick 3.02 rookie draft
Traded 2.08, 3.02, 3.10, 2024 3rd round and 2025 3rd round for Javonte Williams

sehon4
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby sehon4 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:02 am

Better QBing will see AK41 returning to form. The past 2 years had scrubs playing QB. He should start to see more targets coming out of the back field and teams won't be able to stack 8 in the box against him.
12 team dynasty, Protect 13 players annually, plus 3 2yr psquad- Max 4RB, Max 5WR, Max 3QB, Max 2TE, Max 1K, Max 1Def, Max 1 Flex. Roster size 18 plus 3 IR & 3 PSquad-3 2yr Psquad(signed for 2 years)
QB-Justin Hebert, Jordan Love
Derek Carr
RB-Alvin Kamara, Javonte Williams, Bijan Robinson, Chuba Hubbard
WR- Mike Williams, D.K Metcalf, Tim Higgins, Terry McLaurin, Jayden Reed Michael Gallup
2yr PSquad Jameson Williams, Marvin Mims Jr. , John Metchie III
TE- George Kittle, Cole Kmet, Dalton Kincaid
2015 League Champions (finally)
2009 2nd place, 2010 2nd place, 2014 2nd place, 2018 2nd place, 2020 2nd place
2012 3rd place, 2019 3rd place
2023 rookie draft picks: 1.01; 2.01; 2.05; 2.08; 3.02; 3.10; 4.12; 5.01
Traded Aaron Rodgers and Khilil Herbert for Jameson Williams & pick 3.02 rookie draft
Traded 2.08, 3.02, 3.10, 2024 3rd round and 2025 3rd round for Javonte Williams

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:08 am

j4pac wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:36 am
Why on earth would they do that? Why would they extend him years from now when he'd be in his 30's when he's already under contract for years? That would be one of the worst ideas possible.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans ... ara-21809/

Agreed on them winning the division, so I think their coach stays if that happens.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:26 am

I have been aggressively targeting Jerome Ford and Malik Davis, may not want to listen to me
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:00 pm

gpaok wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:32 am Who are players you are stashing with the hope that next year they get a chance to lead a backfield or will replace current starters?

I feel like the Chicago Bears backfield with K. Herbert and R. Johnson by mid season.

Indianapolis could have a similar situation next year where Hull could be the starter.

What do others think?
I think Roschon helps for pass pro, but Herbert is a much more explosive player, and if they want to maximize the potential of that offense, I think Herbert is clearly the back to use. Johnson would have to pass 2 players by mid season, that's unlikely unless there's an injury.

Or are you trying to say Johnson passes Foreman, and gets a role alongside Herbert?
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:42 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:00 pm
gpaok wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:32 am Who are players you are stashing with the hope that next year they get a chance to lead a backfield or will replace current starters?

What do others think?
I think Roschon helps for pass pro, but Herbert is a much more explosive player, and if they want to maximize the potential of that offense, I think Herbert is clearly the back to use. Johnson would have to pass 2 players by mid season, that's unlikely unless there's an injury.

Or are you trying to say Johnson passes Foreman, and gets a role alongside Herbert?
I was thinking long term they drafted Johnson so they would want him to succeed more.

I agree Herbert seems explosive, his ypc seem always high against tough defenses.

I’m just trying to see who folks are stashing for next year.

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:42 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:26 am I have been aggressively targeting Jerome Ford and Malik Davis, may not want to listen to me
As a Chubb owner I think I will target him with my 3.10 pick.

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:17 pm

Tucker officially named 2nd rb behind White, for those following

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:25 pm

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:17 pm Tucker officially named 2nd rb behind White, for those following
Where? Are we sure this isn't just piggy backing off that one tweet that wasn't official, like how so many other rumours and misinformation start? All I see is this in terms of anything new.

https://twitter.com/FantasySource_/stat ... 5112558952

https://www.buccaneers.com/team/depth-chart
Janiel Dones Truther

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:29 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:25 pm
qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:17 pm Tucker officially named 2nd rb behind White, for those following
Where? Are we sure this isn't just piggy backing off that one tweet?

Buccaneers | RB Tucker Listed as No.2 Sun Sep 3, 03:37 PM

Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie RB Sean Tucker will open the season as no.2 on the depth chart behind Rachaad White.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just saw this on the newsfeed over at Footballguys.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:33 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:29 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:25 pm
Where? Are we sure this isn't just piggy backing off that one tweet?

Buccaneers | RB Tucker Listed as No.2 Sun Sep 3, 03:37 PM

Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie RB Sean Tucker will open the season as no.2 on the depth chart behind Rachaad White.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just saw this on the newsfeed over at Footballguys.
OK, cool. Good for him. I guess the Bucs haven't updated their depth chart. Any links I can see?
Janiel Dones Truther