Contender trade advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
tdster17
Role Player
Role Player

Contender trade advice

Postby tdster17 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:35 am

Howdy all,
Defending champ in a 10 team league and looking for some last minute advice on how you would use MY 2025 1st to shore up the team. Roster is in the signature, overall feeling pretty confident everywhere besides maybe TE, my biggest competition has a fairly comparable roster made up of aging vets and will likely decline this season/next (Hill, CMC, Kelce, Diggs, Evans). Been considering seeing if I can get Ridley, but not sure if that is the most effective use of that pick. What do you all think?
Team1 (1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-2Flex) 10team 0.5 PPR
QB-Hurts, Tua

RB- Mixon, Javonte Williams, Barkley, Breece Hall, J. Cook, Henry, Mattison, R. Johnson, I. Abanikanda, McKinnon, Dobbins

WR- AJ Brown, Jaylen Waddle, Kupp, Metcalf, D. Smith, B. Cooks, G. Davis, E. Moore, J. Reed

TE- Hockenson, Chig Okonkwo

Picks-2024 1.08, 2.04, 3.03, 3.05, 2025 1st, 2026 1st&3rdx2

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Contender trade advice

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:55 am

With AJB, Waddle and DSmith I don't think I'd be looking to add Ridley. Metcalf Brown and Cooks are more than sufficient depth and could see any or all of them outscoring Ridley anyway. TE looks pretty solid too unless you're thinking of moving into the sub elite tier of Andrews/Waller (which Hockenson may already be in), or all the way up to Kelce.

I actually think your weakest positions are RB and QB. RB you have a lot of depth but almost all of them have question marks. I don't think you need to make a move here and you'll likely have multiple guys hit but I don't see a bona fide stud without significant concerns.

At QB Hurts is elite but is at risk to missing time due to injury and Tua is not someone I'd want to count on to be healthy and contributing to a championship run. You could target a more solid backup like Cousins or Goff for depth. I don't think either of these players should cost a first in a 1QB league.

My best advice would be to hold all the picks and more liquid assets you have currently for in season if a certain need arises. You shouldn't need anything going into this season but you might be glad you have that first to trade for a pressing need mid-season.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

tdster17
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tdster17 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:57 am

jcc6fd wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:55 am At QB Hurts is elite but is at risk to missing time due to injury and Tua is not someone I'd want to count on to be healthy and contributing to a championship run. You could target a more solid backup like Cousins or Goff for depth. I don't think either of these players should cost a first in a 1QB league.

My best advice would be to hold all the picks and more liquid assets you have currently for in season if a certain need arises. You shouldn't need anything going into this season but you might be glad you have that first to trade for a pressing need mid-season.
Yeah this all makes sense man! Sitting tight/patience is not my forte... Would you maybe be looking to flip Tua for one of those safer/more boring options?
QB-Hurts, Tua

RB- Mixon, Javonte Williams, Barkley, Breece Hall, J. Cook, Henry, Mattison, R. Johnson, I. Abanikanda, McKinnon, Dobbins

WR- AJ Brown, Jaylen Waddle, Kupp, Metcalf, D. Smith, B. Cooks, G. Davis, E. Moore, J. Reed

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:00 am

This is about the worst time to be selling future picks. Value will never be lower.

Your teams looks very good and ready to complete. If you want to sure things up, wait for the "fire sale" from noncompetitive teams later in the season.
Team 1: Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.25X receiving yards points)
QB – J. Hurts, A Richardson (R-IR))
RB – Javonte Williams, K. Walker III,J. Hill, J. Ford, K. Miller (R), J.K. Dobbins (IR), K. Hebert (IR)
WR – J. Chase, C. Lamb, K. Allen, T. Burks, DJ Chark, P. Nakua (R)
TE – D. Waller, C. Okonkwo, L. Thomas, J. Ferguson

Team 2: Dynasty Team: 12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex WR/RB/TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.5X receiving yards points)
QB - A. Rodgers, L. Jackson
RB - B. Hall, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, E. Mitchell, J. Mason, Z. White, K. Miller (R), T. Spears (R)
WR - T. Hill, D. Adams, C. Watson, M. Brown, R. Rice (R)
TE - D. Waller, G. Kittle, J. Ferguson

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:22 am

I would just see how your team comes out at this point instead of moving a 1st multiple years out. You may find you need help somewhere later in the season and could use the pick to deal then. Your RB core looks good on paper but has a ton of question marks outside of the name hope. Hold for now and revisit later. There is no reason to force an all in move before week 1 even starts.

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:37 am

I think I'd be holding your picks here. The pick is a few years out and don't forget that Ridley turns 29 in Dec, so when that pick comes up he's on the wrong side of 30. I'd hold the pick, your have a ton of depth there already.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:23 pm

Keep the one and use it to fill a need later in the season. It’s more valuable to you as a liquid asset. Patience my amigo

tdster17
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tdster17 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:43 am

You have all stayed my hand... I'll be extremely bored, but most likely better off. I also just drafted Ridley in a redraft league last night, which helped scratch that itch a bit
QB-Hurts, Tua