Kelce for a WR

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
nicktahoes
Starter
Starter

Kelce for a WR

Postby nicktahoes » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:06 pm

Which WRs would you trade Kelce away for? Looking for the list of ones that are equal to or greater than kelce in value. Straight up not adding anything to kelce.
Team 1: Players of note
PPR--QB, RBx2, WRx3, TE, Superflex, Flex x2
QBs: Lawrence, Stafford, Bunch of backups
RBs: Ekeler, Kamara, Achane, Dillon, Kelley, Moss, Javonte Williams,Jamaal Williams
WRs: Adams, Hopkins, Waddle, Kirk, JSN, Boyd, OBJ, Hyatt, Osborn
TEs: Kelce, Hockenson, Taysom,

and then a few minor players and rookie stashed on taxi

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kelce for a WR

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:09 pm

Tough call because Kelce is the biggest difference maker in fantasy but age is a concern value wise. I would think anyone outside of Jefferson, Chase, Lamb, and Waddle may be possible. Wilson may be a stretch with his massive hype too.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:12 pm

Olave, Devonta, Hill, London
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:44 pm

nicktahoes wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:06 pmWhich WRs would you trade Kelce away for? Looking for the list of ones that are equal to or greater than kelce in value. Straight up not adding anything to kelce.
A big part of determining who you can get is deciding exactly what are you looking for.

I don't think you're getting any dynasty T10WRs aged 26 or younger. I mean, anything is possible, but it would take a specific situation and owner to lead to a straight up Kelce swap for Amon, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, Wilson, and likely Devonta. Maybe Higgins, but he has a lot of hype attached to him.

If you're looking for immediate production to replace Kelce's stats but at the WR position because you're looking to contend at a high level, that means you would be okay with receiving an older player who has two or three more years on top. That says Tyreek, Diggs. Probably also Kupp but I'm not sure you want to go that old.

If you're looking for younger targets, I think you could get guys like DKM, London, CWatson, Jeudy, Aiyuk.

But your first goal will be to identify which teams in your league are in a win-now mode AND have the type of WR you're interested in. Can you give us an idea of players on teams like that in your league?
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:22 pm

TheTroll wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:12 pm Olave, Devonta, Hill, London
^^^^ This

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:25 am

My prime target would be D. Smith. Seems like the best WR prospect out there that is also being undervalued by most of the community. Olave and Wilson are impossible to trade for (or nearly so). London isn't on the same level IMO. I love London but he doesn't have top-12 potential in '23 (Smith does).

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:42 am

You should be able to pull Waddle too

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:35 am

Really tough to say. You will be limited to trading with only the top 3-4 teams probably. The ones that know they have a real shot at competing and have spare WR depth. Maybe London or Higgins, but really doubt you could jump into the next tier up with Waddle/Smith/Olave/ARSB. Guess you don't know until you try though.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:27 am

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:42 am You should be able to pull Waddle too
While I don't disagree in some ways w/ this statement, I think Waddle is very highly regarded by a lot of managers. I don't quite get why. But he seems to carry value beyond guys like Smith and Olave. This is why I don't target him anywhere. I like him fine. Just seems overpriced.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:38 am

tstafford wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:27 am
SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:42 am You should be able to pull Waddle too
While I don't disagree in some ways w/ this statement, I think Waddle is very highly regarded by a lot of managers. I don't quite get why. But he seems to carry value beyond guys like Smith and Olave. This is why I don't target him anywhere. I like him fine. Just seems overpriced.
I think that's true of all three. They're all overvalued to some degree -- and I want all three on my teams. To acquire them takes either an overpay, or a magical perfect fit type trade. Like a RB/WR swap with a RB-needy contender. Higgins is hanging on to being a member of this group.

I think cautious managers tend to wait "one more year of proof" before overpaying for of these guys. And eager early adopters tend to say "I better get him now at this high price, before it goes even higher after he proves himself more."

I think there's better value to be had with guys like London, Metcalf, Watson, Kirk and a few others. Those guys will come close to the Waddle/Olave/Devonta trio every year, and be better some years. But they'll cost less today.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:40 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:38 am
I think that's true of all three. They're all overvalued to some degree -- and I want all three on my teams. To acquire them takes either an overpay, or a magical perfect fit type trade. Like a RB/WR swap with a RB-needy contender. Higgins is hanging on to being a member of this group.

I think cautious managers tend to wait "one more year of proof" before overpaying for of these guys. And eager early adopters tend to say "I better get him now at this high price, before it goes even higher after he proves himself more."

I think there's better value to be had with guys like London, Metcalf, Watson, Kirk and a few others. Those guys will come close to the Waddle/Olave/Devonta trio every year, and be better some years. But they'll cost less today.
That could be. I for sure agree on London. What I've seen lately is that Wilson/Waddle are a tier then Olave and then Smith. I'm not seeing Smith carry the same value as the others which is why I bought him in my main league. Maybe they are all overpriced - although I was happy with the deal I had to pay. . .

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:05 am

Well his value is only with a contending team with his age. No, well 99.999% of teams in a rebuild are going to move a top young wr for Kelce unless they are delusional. So you would need to look at teams that are going to be competing and are deep at wr and need a top te, then you can narrow your list down of possible wr's to target.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:21 am

Agree w this