If JT leaves Indy…

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: If JT leaves Indy…

Postby Anteaters » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:01 am

remedy29 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:54 pmEagles would need to keep Swift if they trade for JT, so their backfield would be Taylor Swift.
:lol:
:clap:
:pray:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:12 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:26 pm
remedy29 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:54 pm
ericanadian wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:01 pm

I would assume Penny or Swift are headed the other way.
Eagles would need to keep Swift if they trade for JT, so their backfield would be Taylor Swift.
You might be onto something here. But could you imagine the price spike in game tickets? Untenable!
Would cost a Penny or two

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:24 am

mild wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:49 pm
jordanzs wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:46 pm I saw it mentioned that the Eagles are putting together a serious offer for Taylor. That would be something.....
Reportedly both MIA and PHI have made offers.

We'll see if Indy is actually serious about letting JT go. It would be stupid for them to hold on to him just to spite him, given that he's clearly not in their longer-term plans.

If the offers are even close to palatable - then take the value. Gotta think the CMC package (2nd, 3rd, 4th) should get it done.
Miami also apparently called the Raiders about Jacobs. They don't seem satisfied with their RB room.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:33 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:25 pm
jordanzs wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:46 pm I saw it mentioned that the Eagles are putting together a serious offer for Taylor. That would be something.....
I think they'd likely want picks. Wouldn't make sense, unless they were free. Why would they want inferior RB's on 1 year deals as part of the compensation? Only makes sense if they are literally thrown in for free.
Penny might be free if they’re bringing in Taylor and the Colts are likely going to want a RB who can front a backfield. They aren’t moving JT because he’s a luxury.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:32 am

ericanadian wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:33 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:25 pm

I think they'd likely want picks. Wouldn't make sense, unless they were free. Why would they want inferior RB's on 1 year deals as part of the compensation? Only makes sense if they are literally thrown in for free.
Penny might be free if they’re bringing in Taylor and the Colts are likely going to want a RB who can front a backfield. They aren’t moving JT because he’s a luxury.
Neither Penny nor Swift have shown that ability for any length of time, but I get it. I was just saying that if the Eagles want to give less draft capital due to offering one of those guys, the Colts would likely balk at it.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:53 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:24 am

We'll see if Indy is actually serious about letting JT go. It would be stupid for them to hold on to him just to spite him, given that he's clearly not in their longer-term plans.

If the offers are even close to palatable - then take the value. Gotta think the CMC package (2nd, 3rd, 4th) should get it done.
Miami also apparently called the Raiders about Jacobs. They don't seem satisfied with their RB room.
I mean I wouldn't be either even though I like mostert and wilson.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:50 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:24 amMiami also apparently called the Raiders about Jacobs. They don't seem satisfied with their RB room.
I don't think it's a black&white decision about not liking the QB room. It's more of a situation where management realizes the team is in a SB contention state and is trying to go all-in with support across the roster. That's why they added Jalen in the off season. Adding one of the three or four best RBs in the NFL is always going to help a SB push.

If Miami was anticipating a .500 season, I don't think they bother with either Jacobs or JT. But this is a situation of reality copying fantasy ... where a team rolls with meh RBs untils they think title contention is possible, then they go out and seek top-of-the-line RB rentals.

And from the perspective of Jacobs or JT, I think they'd be more willing to play on a one (or two) year contract with Miami than their current teams. Let's be real, Irsay has made JT hate him, and the team is going to be lucky to win 5 games this year. If you have to play on a 1yr $10M contract, you might as well play for a better team, on a better offense, have a chance at willing the championship and look great doing it, and boost your value in the process. Playing with a rookie QB would would rather take off and run than check down is not going to make JT look better.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:22 pm

where are you guys seeing this? I have seen no credible source suggesting the eagles are making a push for Taylor.
https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/news/phil ... lockbuster
this article debunks the source as unreliable conjecture.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:21 pm

seahawks506 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:22 pm

where are you guys seeing this? I have seen no credible source suggesting the eagles are making a push for Taylor.
https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/news/phil ... lockbuster
this article debunks the source as unreliable conjecture.
ESPN reports two teams have made offers. The only team they mention is the fins
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:01 pm

Apparently the deadline imposed by the Colts is Tuesday (roster cutdown). We should know pretty soon if he's moving or staying put. As mentioned previously, my money is on staying put.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:31 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:01 pm Apparently the deadline imposed by the Colts is Tuesday (roster cutdown). We should know pretty soon if he's moving or staying put. As mentioned previously, my money is on staying put.
Agreed

Irsay is just going to say he wasn't offered enough so he's taking his ball & go home. But there's a chance someone does cough up the desired pkg.

Imposed deadline trying to create leverage & pressure on suitors. Mainly just to sell the Colts fans on how he was "OPEN" to moving Taylor. It was the other teams that didn't want him bad enough.

To be fair though I believe players contracts for the year are guaranteed if they are on the team week one. Makes sense to move a player before then if you can.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:47 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:01 pm Apparently the deadline imposed by the Colts is Tuesday (roster cutdown). We should know pretty soon if he's moving or staying put. As mentioned previously, my money is on staying put.
I think this is right.

While there is little question that Irsay has been an a$$ in how he's talked about the situation, I don't think the business decision is uncommon in the NFL. I'm not at all surprised very few teams have made serious inquiries. They have all figured out that it doesn't make good business sense to pay RBs. Why would another team pay draft capital to acquire JT and take on the same contract headache the Colts are now facing? Maybe for a mid-round pick but the Colts reportedly want a 1st.

Broader picture: I think it's possible the trends around the RB position lead NFL teams to start drafting them earlier again. It makes sense to lock up good RBs on rookie deals. Even Bijan at the 1.08 salary slot appears pretty cheap (~$5.5m/year for four years). I can see the back end of round 1 and round 2 starting to be RB territory. We saw some hints of this in April (Bijan, Gibbs, Charb)

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:23 am

tstafford wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:47 am

Broader picture: I think it's possible the trends around the RB position lead NFL teams to start drafting them earlier again. It makes sense to lock up good RBs on rookie deals. Even Bijan at the 1.08 salary slot appears pretty cheap (~$5.5m/year for four years). I can see the back end of round 1 and round 2 starting to be RB territory. We saw some hints of this in April (Bijan, Gibbs, Charb)
That makes some sense until you consider a couple things.
1. Bijan will possibly be a contract headache by year 3, as would other highly drafted rbs so long as they are actually good.
2. Although yes there’s a financial advantage there, using a pick to get this financial advantage is AT THE EXPENSE of using the pick to get likely a larger financial advantage at a more highly paid position among vets.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:03 am

tstafford wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:47 am
I think this is right.

While there is little question that Irsay has been an a$$ in how he's talked about the situation, I don't think the business decision is uncommon in the NFL. I'm not at all surprised very few teams have made serious inquiries. They have all figured out that it doesn't make good business sense to pay RBs. Why would another team pay draft capital to acquire JT and take on the same contract headache the Colts are now facing? Maybe for a mid-round pick but the Colts reportedly want a 1st.

Rbs value has gone down due to the changes in CBA, rules, and offensive philosophy.

CBA prevents players from holding out. If a player sits out of practice teams MUST fine them, and fine them significantly. Additionally these fines cannot be returned. This means that now both the team and player essentially need to agree to the holdout to fudge a fake injury (like we see with Dobbins). The old CBA had lower fines and fines that could be returned. Additionally rookie wage scale basically prevents significant negotiations in the rookie contracts.

Rule changes over the last 20 years has consistently encouraged passing offenses, making passing far more viable and discouraging lower scoring games.

Finally, offensive philosophy has changed. Again moving towards passing. Additionally given the amount of injuries to rbs, it makes little sense to invest significant money in players who (1) have shorter career lengths and (2) are more likely to be injured each play. It's far better to get several rbs that can perform decently than one superstar.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:37 am

Heard Dolphins… but then offer ejected and most likely he’s staying put. That what others are hearing?
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds