Preseason: Week 2 thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Preseason: Week 2 thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:35 pm

mild wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:30 pm
JoeJoe88 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:46 pm Zay Flowers is going to be fun to watch.
kmbryant09 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:15 pm Flowers looks like a stud. Reminds me of a mix of Antonio Brown & Emmanuel Sanders.

So quick, fast, smooth, and an intelligent football player by all accounts.
He looks so awesome. I'm so excited to see him with Lamar... this Ravens offense could be truly juiced this year.

If that's your 3rd best passing option (taking your pick of Andrews / OBJ / Bateman) then sheeeeeesh :dance:
I think there are 3 receivers who are very close in this class (QJ is not one of them). I don't see why JSN should be in a tier of his own, that so many have him in. This isn't anti-JSN, it's more pro Addison and Flowers. I don't see JSN as a vastly superior talent to these guys. I think 3 of the 4 first round WR's look really good. Chargers got the dud. (I could be wrong about that of course).

Speaking of the Chargers, kind of worried about Herbert's weapons after this year. Ekeler likely gone, KA likely gone or not the same player, Mike Williams aging, declining. May be a cap casualty.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:38 pm

brward wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:37 pm Great half from Howell. Brian Robinson quite involved in the pass game. Hope Terry is OK
Whilst I do agree that he's looked more-or-less in control and promising in places...

It should be remembered that this is the WAS 1st team Offense fighting tooth-and-nail against a combination of the BAL 2nd and 3rd team D for an entire half. (It was a 10 point half until right at the end there)

BAL playing totally vanilla coverages too, I might add.

Like, 2 TD's out of that *should* at least be what they put up in a whole half of football vs. backups. :lol:

Optimism warranted: but let's keep it cautious.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:00 pm

Flowery looked great tonight.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:12 pm

mild wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:38 pm
brward wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:37 pm Great half from Howell. Brian Robinson quite involved in the pass game. Hope Terry is OK
Whilst I do agree that he's looked more-or-less in control and promising in places...

It should be remembered that this is the WAS 1st team Offense fighting tooth-and-nail against a combination of the BAL 2nd and 3rd team D for an entire half. (It was a 10 point half until right at the end there)

BAL playing totally vanilla coverages too, I might add.

Like, 2 TD's out of that *should* at least be what they put up in a whole half of football vs. backups. :lol:

Optimism warranted: but let's keep it cautious.
Yeah, agreed. This was my point when talking about JSN beating some backup, 6th string corner. Something you should be doing. Good that they are, but keep a level head about this type of stuff in pre-season, context is needed.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:30 pm

I must admit, while watching Flower G tonight I had crazy ideas of offering JSN for him plus a throw in.

Should probably just hold though.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:45 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:58 pm Bears have put their 4th string QB in. At the start of Q2. Fans need to stop paying and attending these **** shows since teams have determined that PS games mean almost literally nothing to them.
Yeah, they might as well just grab fans from the stands and give them pads and a uniform. The only thing that resembles "NFL football" is the uniforms. Beer should be half price, too, but it won't be. Agreed. People need to just not go. I can't imagine paying money for that. I wouldn't even go if the tickets were free. Takes time, and money for refreshments etc. Not worth it. Watch it from home and turn it off if it's all guys that will be cut.
Janiel Dones Truther

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:46 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:12 pm
mild wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:38 pm Optimism warranted: but let's keep it cautious.
Yeah, agreed. This was my point when talking about JSN beating some backup, 6th string corner. Something you should be doing. Good that they are, but keep a level head about this type of stuff in pre-season, context is needed.
Fully with you there.

Howell being good after all of us being high on him in 2021 - then low on him by the time 2022 drafts happened - would certainly be something.

I definitely noted that his rushing remains alive and well. He had a couple nice pocket escapes in that first half... he could be quite handy for Fantasy.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:52 pm

Sammy also looked nice. It's a youngins game now.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:53 pm

mild wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:46 pm
mild wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:38 pm Optimism warranted: but let's keep it cautious.
Fully with you there.

Howell being good after all of us being high on him in 2021 - then low on him by the time 2022 drafts happened - would certainly be something.

I definitely noted that his rushing remains alive and well. He had a couple nice pocket escapes in that first half... he could be quite handy for Fantasy.
Guess you blocked/unblocked/blocked me again 😭

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:00 pm

Fully with you there.

I admittedly wrote him off after going day 3, in the 5th round. I liked him in college, but I'm not an NFL scout, and I don't typically spend picks on day 3 QB's. I take my late round flyers on day 3 RB's, usually.
Janiel Dones Truther

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:46 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:00 pm

Fully with you there.

I admittedly wrote him off after going day 3, in the 5th round. I liked him in college, but I'm not an NFL scout, and I don't typically spend picks on day 3 QB's. I take my late round flyers on day 3 RB's, usually.
Agreed. I have looked and historically the late round guys(honestly anything 3rd round and later) just becomes back up material at best. Obv Brady beating the exception. But lately there has been a bunch of value in the later round guys. Mainly as flips (so do sell them when the window is open) but worth a lot more than anything I’ve looked at historically. I’ll still not believe these guys can hold down starting jobs for years on end, but there is some startability+hype that make them worth taking later round shots on now. Especially in the right situations. Teams seem less likely to go fill in with an Andy Dalton or Matt Ryan, washed up type player that puts the middle of the pack as often as they used to.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:17 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:00 pm Flowery looked great tonight.
There's an edit button / feature if this is a typo.
10-team/.5 PPR Q RR WWW TE FF
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Coleman, AD Mitchell
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram

12-team PPR/SF/TEP (+1PPR) Q RR WW TE FFF SF
QB - J. Hurts / D. Prescott / J. Love / B. Nix
RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs
TE - M. Andrews / D. Kincaid

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:20 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:17 am
Thanks for the heads up. Think I'll leave it though.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:04 am

https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/statu ... 7645168920

Justice Hill has looked really good. I think he's the guy to have if Dobbins misses any time this season.
Janiel Dones Truther

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:09 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:17 am
Please stop feeding the troll.