Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby murphysxm » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:47 am

I get the logic 100% about the RB market, from a human factor I totally get JT not wanting to bust his rump and put it all out there for a team that has made it clear it is just probably going to tag him and not pay him if he is effective.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:16 pm

Colts | Jonathan Taylor away from team Wed Aug 16, 06:30 PM

Indianapolis Colts RB Jonathan Taylor has been excused from training camp because of a personal issue.

As in, "I take my lack of a contract extension very personally".
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:17 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:16 pm Colts | Jonathan Taylor away from team Wed Aug 16, 06:30 PM

Indianapolis Colts RB Jonathan Taylor has been excused from training camp because of a personal issue.

He'll be back. Unfortunately, he doesn't have another path since he'll be franchised after the season anyway.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:36 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:17 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:16 pm Colts | Jonathan Taylor away from team Wed Aug 16, 06:30 PM

He'll be back. Unfortunately, he doesn't have another path since he'll be franchised after the season anyway.
Unfortunately????

He is under contract. Does that not mean anything anymore?

At this rate, don’t be surprised if the Colts suspend him at some point for conduct Detrimental to the team.

He wasn’t very good last year on top of being injured.

You’re right though that he has no legit options. Just hope he doesn’t blow it. Teams are not lining up these days for malcontents.

Taylor needs to man up and play out his signed contract or not. His choice to make. The team already agreed to a contract and the Colts are not going anywhere this year regardless so if he doesn’t play the worst thing is probably a higher draft pick.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:41 pm

Don’t need teams to line up for malcontents—the Browns are happy to take them all
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:44 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:36 pm

Unfortunately????

At this rate, don’t be surprised if the Colts suspend him at some point for conduct Detrimental to the team.

You’re right though that he has no legit options. Just hope he doesn’t blow it. Teams are not lining up these days for malcontents.

Taylor needs to man up and play out his signed contract or not. His choice to make. The team already agreed to a contract and the Colts are not going anywhere this year regardless so if he doesn’t play the worst thing is probably a higher draft pick.
He's scheduled to make more this year than his career earnings to date, I believe? He'll likely play, but he will get suspended if he feigns injury, and may cost himself a year of eligibility, if there is a grievance of any sort, but I think this is all cat and mouse. JT's agent is a bit of a dip, he's likely behind a lot of this. Already gone into Irsay at length, but the team did excuse him, for the time being.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:51 pm

tf is wrong with this guy? Shut up and play. You don't have the leverage to act this way.
Last edited by MFundercover on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:52 pm

Ruggenater wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:41 pm Don’t need teams to line up for malcontents—the Browns are happy to take them all
Hahaha

Chubb owners are cursing your Voodoo ways 😜
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:44 am

Ice wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:36 pm

Unfortunately????

In the good old days they knew how to deal with malcontents. They would have just tied him to a post and given him a good whipping.

Jonathan Taylor had no choices when he entered the NFL. He had to play for the team who drafted him at the rate according to his draft position. He is essentially playing on a one year deal for $4.3 million. A washed out Ezekiel Elliot, allowed the liberty of choice, managed to garner a $6 million deal. If Taylor were to blow out his knee playing this year he'd be stuck collecting unemployment checks next year. Then he would have to face the daunting task of looking for one year prove it deals on his road back to recovery. And if does excel this year, he would probably be locked into a another one year deal on a franchise tag. Now if you think that a big money franchise tag is such a good deal then why wouldn't they just give him the choice if he wanted it or not?
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:41 am

Hottoddies wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:44 am
A washed out Ezekiel Elliot, allowed the liberty of choice, managed to garner a $6 million deal.
Not really. It's about 2 million, with 4 million tied to incentives. He needs to play, play a lot, and well to get to 6 million.

"Elliott will basically take home at least $3 million if he's healthy and active this season, and the rest depends on how much he plays and how many yards he produced from the line of scrimmage. To earn the full $6 million, he'll have to play at least 70 percent of New England's offensive snaps and generate over 1,475 yards from scrimmage. It's a bit of a longshot."

It's an unfortunate reality for the RB position, but the Colts would be ill advised to sign JT to anything right now, considering he's not fit to play, and have the ability to use the tag next year, if they feel it's worth it, with the benefit of seeing how he plays this year, and if he's healthy going into next year, coming off a down year.

FWIW, I don't blame JT for trying to get more guaranteed money, but I also don't blame Ballard for not giving it to him right now, it wouldn't be smart.

I don't see it in black and white, players vs management. Both people are trying to do what's best for their own future. Unfortunately, those 2 realities don't coincide, in this case.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:37 pm

What’s the trade value gap between JT and JK?

Taylor owner in my league is willing to listen for first time since the day he was drafted. I’m always in win now mode and have high hopes for Dobbins this year but think I may try to pull something.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:49 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:37 pm What’s the trade value gap between JT and JK?

Taylor owner in my league is willing to listen for first time since the day he was drafted. I’m always in win now mode and have high hopes for Dobbins this year but think I may try to pull something.
I'm thinking a 1st but I could see this going several ways. Start with a late 1st if you have one and see what he says.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:35 pm

Anteaters wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:49 pm
Ray Finkle wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:37 pm What’s the trade value gap between JT and JK?

I'm thinking a 1st but I could see this going several ways. Start with a late 1st if you have one and see what he says.
My value chart is way different. Jk and a 2nd rounder or a bye week flex option. Then again, I have a rule against trading for injured/disgruntled players. Although a case could be made JK falls into that camp, but he has at least started practicing.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:10 pm

JT given permission to seek a trade. Interesting, this could have major impacts to multiple RBs

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:23 pm

remedy29 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:10 pm JT given permission to seek a trade. Interesting, this could have major impacts to multiple RBs
Word is, Miami is likely to be in the running.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku