Training Camp Hype 2023

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Training Camp Hype 2023

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:18 pm

murphysxm wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:14 pm Can we talk about Elijah Dotson or something relevant and ignore the rest?
How about Juwan Johnson? Drum beat is growing. Been positive reports all off season, caught 2 balls on the Saints opening drive (Carr's only drive) for 29 yards. Then we get this from their first practice after the game. You want a cheap TE that could outperform his ADP, this guy could be one. Former WR, good hands, athletic. Carr really liked another former WR who converted to TE. Seems that Carr and Juwan have a nice connection already.

https://twitter.com/Kat_Terrell/status/ ... 3891411329
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:24 pm

https://twitter.com/32BeatWriters/statu ... 1572466097

Interesting, on 2 fronts. Watson and Njoku.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:26 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:18 pm
murphysxm wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:14 pm Can we talk about Elijah Dotson or something relevant and ignore the rest?
How about Juwan Johnson? Drum beat is growing. Been positive reports all off season, caught 2 balls on the Saints opening drive (Carr's only drive) for 29 yards. Then we get this from their first practice after the game. You want a cheap TE that could outperform his ADP, this guy could be one. Former WR, good hands, athletic. Carr really liked another former WR who converted to TE. Seems that Carr and Juwan have a nice connection already.

I poo pooed the Juwan Johnson hype last year and was totally wrong. Was shocked when he dropped a big game against me last season.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:29 pm

These words should not be significant enough to overshadow Tutu Atwell and his big day at camp. After all, Jourdan Rodrigue mentioned just how "big" he is playing.

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/sta ... 68580?s=20
Last edited by jman3134 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:57 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:24 pm https://twitter.com/32BeatWriters/statu ... 1572466097

Interesting, on 2 fronts. Watson and Njoku.
Hmmm.... Has me wondering if the line play is bad, so the pocket collapses? Or is Watson doing a poor job of stepping up into it/combination of both? I haven't seen any Browns snaps yet this year so, no frame of reference.

I had heard good things about Njoku though steadily through the preseason. Maybe this is the year!
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:24 pm

Watson has been looking shaky in 11 on 11 drills, since early in camp, according to the Athletic.
Janiel Dones Truther

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:26 pm

In 2021, the Ravens threw for 4,267 yards. The top 3 players received 1,361-Mark Andrews, 1,008-Marquis Brown, 515-Bateman. 6 WR/TEs had over 200 yards, RBs had about 400 yards.
For 2023, around 4,000+ yards seems reasonable with the Ravens planning to pass more. With Lamar not checking down to RBs often, seems a good 3,600 yards or more can be given to Andrews and the WRs. I can see Lamar supporting Mark Andrews and 2 WRs to be fantasy relevant this year, if they focus on their top 3 WRs and Andrews. All the fantasy analysis says it is Mark Andrews and the WRs will be battling for scraps. I think, not 1, but 2 Ravens WRs are being slept on. I think Flowers can be one of the WRs that benefits this year.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:31 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:24 pm Watson has been looking shaky in 11 on 11 drills, since early in camp, according to the Athletic.
I saw that. They called each drop-back pass "an adventure". I believe the reporter was saying they haven't seen him string consecutive solid pass reps together in 11v11 since very early in camp.

I know a lot of owners have been penciling him back in as an elite option "he'll come right" and all that. I did always wonder if such a public shaming would maybe break him a bit, mentally speaking.

There is also truth to the idea that Amari Cooper has barely been practicing, and that probably isn't helping given that he is the ostensible #1 option.

Lawd have mercy if it turns out the Cleveland Browns have made the NFL's first fully-garunteed 230 million dollar blunder.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:37 pm

mild wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:31 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:24 pm Watson has been looking shaky in 11 on 11 drills, since early in camp, according to the Athletic.
I saw that. They called each drop-back pass "an adventure". I believe the reporter was saying they haven't seen him string consecutive solid pass reps together in 11v11 since very early in camp.

I know a lot of owners have been penciling him back in as an elite option "he'll come right" and all that. I did always wonder if such a public shaming would maybe break him a bit, mentally speaking.

There is also truth to the idea that Amari Cooper has barely been practicing, and that probably isn't helping given that he is the ostensible #1 option.

Lawd have mercy if it turns out the Cleveland Browns have made the NFL's first fully-garunteed 230 million dollar blunder.
I thought Elijah Moore was Tory Holt, though? Or was he Isaac Bruce? :lol: Seriously though, the pressure will only mount for Watson this year. If he doesn't play top end football, it will be 2 years in to a massive contract, with nothing to show for it, next off season, and then how will the pressure be? It may sound hyperbolic, but this really could be a make or break year for Watson, in terms of his trajectory.
Janiel Dones Truther

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:38 pm

The Eagles have been taking "cheap shots" at him. It also doesn't help that he's facing a stacked front 7 in these drills with a good secondary, which wont always be the case. But I think "cheap shots" may become the norm for him.

brward
Rookie
Rookie

Postby brward » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:49 pm

MFundercover wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:38 pm
The Eagles have been taking "cheap shots" at him. It also doesn't help that he's facing a stacked front 7 in these drills with a good secondary, which wont always be the case. But I think "cheap shots" may become the norm for him.
Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen anything about fights breaking out. If that's the case seems like this teammates don't care much to come to his defense. I think teams that support their QB aren't gonna let that crap fly and will stand up for their QB.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:55 pm

brward wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:49 pm
MFundercover wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:38 pm
Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen anything about fights breaking out. If that's the case seems like this teammates don't care much to come to his defense. I think teams that support their QB aren't gonna let that crap fly and will stand up for their QB.
Look up to Joel Bitonio (not sure how to spell his name) interview. Josh Sweat was getting up in his face, slapping the ball putbof his hands. Also sounds like Jalen Carter has just been eating evwryone alive in camp. Cleveland offensive line wasn't happy but they were overmatched
Last edited by MFundercover on Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:14 pm

Tvols wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:54 pm Let’s stop talking bout flower girl for a minute which I thought was slightly funny , but don’t over look Bateman he is not a slouch but very good wr has to stay healthy he is the one to keep an eye on imo
Love Batman.

Very hard to keep an eye on him when he's not even running individual 1-on-1's yet, though.

There's a legit good Q in play here as to who plays in 2-wide sets out of OBJ, Batman, and Zay-who-is-a-man.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:15 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:04 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:00 pm Does anybody want to talk about football, or keep this vicious circle going of pulling up stuff from pages ago, and de-railing it again? What are we at, 10 pages now, of this?

So, how about that training camp. I implore the next posters to post something about training camp, please. This is ridiculous at this point. We don't need an explanation of why it's ridiculous, or why it's been 10 pages. We need some posts about training camp. Seriously.
Woops, sorry, posted before I saw this.
No problem. See Juwan in your Sig.

https://twitter.com/RosvoglouReport/sta ... 5594925058

Bringing him up again, because he's had a great off season, had 2/29 on Carr's only drive, and followed it with this the first practice after the game.

I think he could be a top 12 TE this season.
Janiel Dones Truther

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:32 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:15 pm
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:04 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:00 pm Does anybody want to talk about football, or keep this vicious circle going of pulling up stuff from pages ago, and de-railing it again? What are we at, 10 pages now, of this?

So, how about that training camp. I implore the next posters to post something about training camp, please. This is ridiculous at this point. We don't need an explanation of why it's ridiculous, or why it's been 10 pages. We need some posts about training camp. Seriously.
Woops, sorry, posted before I saw this.
No problem. See Juwan in your Sig.

https://twitter.com/RosvoglouReport/sta ... 5594925058

Bringing him up again, because he's had a great off season, had 2/29 on Carr's only drive, and followed it with this the first practice after the game.

I think he could be a top 12 TE this season.
I’m cautiously optimistic. TE29 on dlf seems waaaay too low. But after Mayer, Laporta and maybe Musgrave there isn’t anyone outside the top 12 that could challenge for a top 12 rank. So it comes down to Walker, Njoku, Dulcich to see if they can keep it together injury wise or taking a step forward.

Actually Engram is young enough I think he creeps into the top 12 this year. He is a buy for me if contending and a possible value but no matter what.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5