2023 Free Agency

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: 2023 Free Agency

Postby MFundercover » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:19 pm

I've been burned on RBs returning from ACLs too many times to not see this coming. 2024 is Breece year. Also a tough break for Abinakanda. I thought he impressed in the preseason so far.

I liked Rhamondre as a dark horse RB1 overall before the Zeke signing, but that's probably out the window now pending injury. He should still have a good year.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:23 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:32 pmZeke is an outstanding blocker on passing plays and can catch. (One of the best ever)

He wasn’t signed to their lead running back but he will contribute in a bigger way than some think.
Exactly what I was thinking. The primary reasons he was brought in- 3rd down (blocking) and goal line. To another poster's question, the signing says to me they don't like their depth's ability in pass blocking. K Harris slides in as a 2 down handcuff. Strong MUCH less skills overlap with Zeke, so less affected.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:39 pm

MFundercover wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:19 pm I've been burned on RBs returning from ACLs too many times to not see this coming. 2024 is Breece year. Also a tough break for Abinakanda. I thought he impressed in the preseason so far.

I liked Rhamondre as a dark horse RB1 overall before the Zeke signing, but that's probably out the window now pending injury. He should still have a good year.
I think Izzy was always a year 2 type guy. Or later in the season. Cook definitely affects his shot this year for major touches, but it was always a long shot that he'd be getting extensive work this year, at least until later in the season. If Cook stays healthy, that's likely not happening, if it ever was.

He's super young (still 20), and they want a seasoned player for a team looking to compete this year, with an aging QB and a really good D. Not surprised at all with this move. Bam Knight is likely the casualty. Carter's role will be severely diminished, and they don't seem all that high on him, drafting RB's 2 years in a row with more lead back type profiles, in Breece and Izzy.

Izzy is likely just a bit too raw and young to be trusted in a major role as a rookie. Buy low if you can, IMO. Once he's got a year of experience under his belt, he should be the guy behind Breece, and he's explosive enough that they will find ways to get him touches. He may always be a 1B, but he's got the talent to find his way onto the field, once he gets his X's and O's, and assignment football down in an NFL offense, that is new to him.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:46 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:39 pm
MFundercover wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:19 pm I've been burned on RBs returning from ACLs too many times to not see this coming. 2024 is Breece year. Also a tough break for Abinakanda. I thought he impressed in the preseason so far.

I think Izzy was always a year 2 type guy. Or later in the season. Cook definitely affects his shot this year for major touches, but it was always a long shot that he'd be getting extensive work this year, at least until later in the season. If Cook stays healthy, that's likely not happening, if it ever was.

He's super young (still 20), and they want a seasoned player for a team looking to compete this year, with an aging QB and a really good D. Not surprised at all with this move. Bam Knight is likely the casualty. Carter's role will be severely diminished, and they don't seem all that high on him, drafting RB's 2 years in a row with more lead back type profiles, in Breece and Izzy.

Izzy is likely just a bit too raw and young to be trusted in a major role as a rookie. Buy low if you can, IMO. Once he's got a year of experience under his belt, he should be the guy behind Breece, and he's explosive enough that they will find ways to get him touches. He may always be a 1B, but he's got the talent to find his way onto the field, once he gets his X's and O's, and assignment football down in an NFL offense, that is new to him.

Every decision the Jets have made in the past make it seem they don't like/trust Carter. I would love to see them trade him to the Browns and give Izzy more opportunities.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:59 pm

Kurtrambis1 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:46 pm

Every decision the Jets have made in the past make it seem they don't like/trust Carter. I would love to see them trade him to the Browns and give Izzy more opportunities.
I agree completely. Literally just said this to a friend of mine.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:01 pm

Kurtrambis1 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:46 pm

Yeah, not sure what is going on with Carter. He seemed like he could be the Aaron Jones for Rodgers in the pass game. I think that ship has sailed. Definitely would like to see him get out like Moore, but teams don't pay up for RBs.

This whole backfield is a muddled mess. Honestly, I think the Izzy truthers are just huffing some Copium at this point.

Breece
Dalvin
Carter
Izzy
Bam Knight

This is the kind of mess that would give the Hoodie a woodie. We already know what Breece is (if he comes back healthy), so what are you realistically looking for after he takes his cut with all those guys?

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:11 pm

Completely agree that Izzy drafters will need to exercise patience. A SB aspirant relying on Izzy as key depth seemed unlikely. I'd argue Knight stands alone skillset wise in that RB room and is a better complementary keep than Carter.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:25 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:11 pm

Completely agree that Izzy drafters will need to exercise patience. A SB aspirant relying on Izzy as key depth seemed unlikely. I'd argue Knight stands alone skillset wise in that RB room and is a better complementary keep than Carter.
This could be a blessing in disguise for Izzy owners. Between Carter, Knight & Izzy, the third RB will need to contribute on Special Teams. As good as Izzy has looked, the Jets may be tempted to stash him on the practice squad where another team will poach him.

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:31 pm

What does this do for Breece's 2023 season? I agree with MFundercover that 2024 will/ should be Breece's year, but how does this backfield project in week 8 when (if) both Hall/Cook are healthy?

Dynasty players are smart and understand more than we did a few years ago about the return length of an ACL tear. I've never seen a NFL franchise go out and sign a good RB because they understand it! For once the logical move is made.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:53 pm

Kurtrambis1 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:31 pm What does this do for Breece's 2023 season? I agree with MFundercover that 2024 will/ should be Breece's year, but how does this backfield project in week 8 when (if) both Hall/Cook are healthy?

Dynasty players are smart and understand more than we did a few years ago about the return length of an ACL tear. I've never seen a NFL franchise go out and sign a good RB because they understand it! For once the logical move is made.
Really depends on Dalvin, and IF he is good. So many things we don't know. There's really no way to tell at this point. I'd assume they have a split with Breece taking more touches, but it would be close, like 60-40 type thing. If Breece is healthy, that means he's an explosive young RB with top end speed. Dalvin, has he lost a step by the midway mark? Has he lost it already? It's really tough to say until we see Dalvin and what he looks like weeks 5 and beyond, once he's taken some hits, because he can be healthy, injury wise, but there's still the regular wear and tear, and we don't know if he's as explosive as he used to be, period.
Janiel Dones Truther

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:18 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:25 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:11 pm

This could be a blessing in disguise for Izzy owners. Between Carter, Knight & Izzy, the third RB will need to contribute on Special Teams. As good as Izzy has looked, the Jets may be tempted to stash him on the practice squad where another team will poach him.
Good point on the ST angle. Don't know how the quality of work for the 3 on ST. As I recall, they can still stash vets on the PS. I'd imagine he or Zonovan would be the more likely stash than Izzy.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:37 pm

I can't see the Jets burning a pick when he's looked as good as he has. He's been making plays in practice consistently, too. This regime drafted Izzy, they inherited Carter. I would be shocked for them to throw Izzy away so quickly, when he's looked so promising.
Janiel Dones Truther

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:40 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:37 pm I can't see the Jets burning a pick when he's looked as good as he has. He's been making plays in practice consistently, too. This regime drafted Izzy, they inherited Carter. I would be shocked for them to throw Izzy away so quickly, when he's looked so promising.
They drafted Carter and his teammates love him. But the coaches sure seem to not have faith.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:21 pm

Perhaps it's a good time to buy low on Carter, just in case he is traded?

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:25 pm

jordanzs wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:21 pm Perhaps it's a good time to buy low on Carter, just in case he is traded?
At this rate, you might get him at (fantasy) roster cut downs.