The Official Brock Purdy Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: PSA: Purdy has now overtaken Lance on KTC

Postby Lumps » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:18 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:06 am I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by sarcastically comparing Brock Purdy to Tom Brady. I crossed the line.

Lynch on Brock Purdy: “Every indication is he’s the guy. He’s got it.”
https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/sta ... 1294090240

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:33 am

I promise I will tow the line going forward. I will not make any comments that go against the grain ever again, no matter how it is worded that behavior is passive aggressive and unacceptable.

Purdy is Brady. Tyjae is Sony. Any other takes are passive aggressive regardless of how they are worded.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:18 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:10 pm
moishetreats wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:05 pm I think there is one viable possibility that we're missing:

Purdy is the starter and potentially has a long leash because his only QB competition is Lance and Darnold.
I actually said this on page 10. Though admittedly didn't mention Darnoild, because... Darnold.
It's the second part that I was adding (and maybe not being clear).

Purdy's long leash might not be because he's great. It might be because the options behind him are that much worse.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Brooks ('27), Wright ('27), Guerendo ('26), Mitchell ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), Nabers ('28), Worthy ('28), Polk ('28), Franklin ('28), E Moore ('25), M Thomas ('25), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $201

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): Sinnott ('28), All ('28), Schrader ('26), A Reed ('28)

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:29 am

moishetreats wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:18 am
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:10 pm
moishetreats wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:05 pm I think there is one viable possibility that we're missing:

Purdy is the starter and potentially has a long leash because his only QB competition is Lance and Darnold.
I actually said this on page 10. Though admittedly didn't mention Darnoild, because... Darnold.
It's the second part that I was adding (and maybe not being clear).

Purdy's long leash might not be because he's great. It might be because the options behind him are that much worse.
That's true, and I see where you were going with your statement. I was thinking last night about where the 49er's go with the position next offseason. Doubt they go the high draft capital route so soon again. Maybe add some competition in Round 4+? Or pay up for a free agent like Cousins if Purdy doesn't work out? Assuming of course the team could work some cap gymnastics.

Though there is a chance Purdy runs the offense well, the team is happy with what he brings, and they don't feel a need to replace him.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:13 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:30 am chief, it's not your takes, it's your delivery.
++

And the unwillingness to just say, "I think Purdy is having a bad offseason, someone else thinks Purdy is clearly the best QB on the 49ers, and that's okay for us to have different opinions." Then moving on to something else.

To keep shouting (yes it reads like shouting) "WHY DON'T YOU AGREE WITH ME???? I'M GOING TO KEEP REPEATING THIS EVERY TIME SOMEONE SAYS THEY THINK PURDY IS GOOD!" will not make anyone decide to say "I agree with you." It's easier (and maybe better) to just say, "ok, that's your opinion and it's fine."

FWIW, I have no shares of any 49ers QBs. I think Purdy is obviously the best QB they have. I think Darnold is obviously the best 2nd option on this team that is trying to win now. I think Lance will never see the field for the 49ers in the regular season outside of an outright catastrophe, and will eventually be traded. I'm not sure he gets more than "a chance to compete for a job" on a new team - certainly no one is trading for Lance planning on making him the immediate starter.

FWIW2, it's gotten to the point in this thread where I skim past all the bickering and just read the non-bickering messages. No problem for me to do so, but just putting that out there.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver, Waller
2023 semifinals loser

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:17 am

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:57 am

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootba ... ur-best-qb

From Shanahan himself:

Shanahan said the only question the 49ers had this offseason about Purdy was whether his injured elbow would heal in time for him to start Week One — not whether he’ll start if healthy, which he absolutely will.

“He’s been the starter since last year ended,” Shanahan said of Purdy. “He was always clearly our starter, but there were so many questions about his injury, how he’d come back from it, that we didn’t even know if he’d be ready for this year, so we had to prepare for everything else. I mean, Trey was the guy we gave the keys to last year, so we were definitely excited to have him in a situation [to play], and we also didn’t know if Brock would be back, so we needed someone to come in and at least compete with Trey, and give us a chance, because Trey was hurt last year, and just got cleared before OTAs. That’s why we brought Sam in here. And those guys have been competing their butts off, and I feel great playing with those guys. But like I told them, like I’ve said to media, like I said to everyone since Day 1, based on what Brock did on tape last year, it’s hard to beat that out in practice.”
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Achane, Dobbins, Algier, trash
WR: Nabers, Tank Dell, Addison, Shaheed, Thomas Jr. McConkey, K Coleman, JSN, QJ, S Jameson Williams, Corley, Polk, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, Juwan, Musgrave, Theo Johnson
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2025 1,1,1,1,2,3,4,5
2026- 1,2,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2027

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:08 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:13 am
killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:30 am chief, it's not your takes, it's your delivery.
++

And the unwillingness to just say, "I think Purdy is having a bad offseason, someone else thinks Purdy is clearly the best QB on the 49ers, and that's okay for us to have different opinions." Then moving on to something else.

To keep shouting (yes it reads like shouting) "WHY DON'T YOU AGREE WITH ME???? I'M GOING TO KEEP REPEATING THIS EVERY TIME SOMEONE SAYS THEY THINK PURDY IS GOOD!" will not make anyone decide to say "I agree with you." It's easier (and maybe better) to just say, "ok, that's your opinion and it's fine."

FWIW, I have no shares of any 49ers QBs. I think Purdy is obviously the best QB they have. I think Darnold is obviously the best 2nd option on this team that is trying to win now. I think Lance will never see the field for the 49ers in the regular season outside of an outright catastrophe, and will eventually be traded. I'm not sure he gets more than "a chance to compete for a job" on a new team - certainly no one is trading for Lance planning on making him the immediate starter.

FWIW2, it's gotten to the point in this thread where I skim past all the bickering and just read the non-bickering messages. No problem for me to do so, but just putting that out there.

Absolutely ridiculous post. All I did was criticize Brock Purdy and it was met with a childish temper tantrum from people who refuse to hear anything that isn't "Purdy is God"

Sorry I criticized your messiah. I already gave him plenty of credit for his performance last year. I have made it clear he is the best QB in thr 9ers right now. He still has a lot to prove. Sorry that upsets you but it's true.

There are a handful of posts that were directly argumentative and aggressive directed at me, framing me to be a "Lance truther" when that was never my point to begin with. And when I respond to them, you ignore those posts and single me out. Go ahead, scroll through and you'll see I'm not the one who started it. Anything I said that preceded any hostile arguments was PG rated at worst. Sarcastically comparing Purdy to Brady is not rude or inappropriate whatsoever.

It's funny. Everyone wants to argue and ignore their own hostile attitudes, and are desperate for everyone to know they are "chill" and they "ignore the bickering" and that I am "blocked but really really super duper don't care". You're all so above it all. Congratulations for taking the high road.
Last edited by MFundercover on Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:23 am

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:31 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:08 amAbsolutely ridiculous post.
After all that, what can I say except you are absolutely correct.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver, Waller
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:35 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:08 am
Sorry I criticized your messiah. I already gave him plenty of credit for his performance last year. I have made it clear he is the best QB in thr 9ers right now. He still has a lot to prove. Sorry that upsets you but it's true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSdXtDjM4lI
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:37 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:31 am
MFundercover wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:08 amAbsolutely ridiculous post.
After all that, what can I say except you are absolutely correct.
I am very sorry that sarcastically comparing Brock Purdy to Tom Brady was so inappropriate that we needed to have this entire debate and several people felt the need to write multiple paragraphs shaming me for it. It was such a heinous comment and the delivery was revolting.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:40 am

Since I'm apparently the only one here actually interested in having an actual football conversation, I will try to redirect the thread.

After yesterday Lance us officially dead in San Francisco. Too much drama and he doesn't fit Shanahans offense. He needs a fresh start somewhere else. All the time missed has clearly hurt his progression, yet he's still only 23 and has the upside of the unknown.

Waiting to get the gas chamber for this post.
Last edited by MFundercover on Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:42 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:57 am https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootba ... ur-best-qb

From Shanahan himself:

Shanahan said the only question the 49ers had this offseason about Purdy was whether his injured elbow would heal in time for him to start Week One — not whether he’ll start if healthy, which he absolutely will.

“He’s been the starter since last year ended,” Shanahan said of Purdy. “He was always clearly our starter, but there were so many questions about his injury, how he’d come back from it, that we didn’t even know if he’d be ready for this year, so we had to prepare for everything else. I mean, Trey was the guy we gave the keys to last year, so we were definitely excited to have him in a situation [to play], and we also didn’t know if Brock would be back, so we needed someone to come in and at least compete with Trey, and give us a chance, because Trey was hurt last year, and just got cleared before OTAs. That’s why we brought Sam in here. And those guys have been competing their butts off, and I feel great playing with those guys. But like I told them, like I’ve said to media, like I said to everyone since Day 1, based on what Brock did on tape last year, it’s hard to beat that out in practice.”
Did anyone see the actual news from the head coach I put in here?
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Achane, Dobbins, Algier, trash
WR: Nabers, Tank Dell, Addison, Shaheed, Thomas Jr. McConkey, K Coleman, JSN, QJ, S Jameson Williams, Corley, Polk, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, Juwan, Musgrave, Theo Johnson
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2025 1,1,1,1,2,3,4,5
2026- 1,2,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2027

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:46 am

Last edited by MFundercover on Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.