Skyy Moore

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Skyy Moore

Postby dblj1199 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:59 pm

What are peoples thoughts on Moore heading into year two? No JuJu and all of the other wr's have ???? Toney hype off season hype but like always he's hurt. MVS to me is ideally a #3 / 4 wr on a roster, just a deep threat, the unknown of rookie Rice and then J Ross who has had off season hype, but also a injury risk. Moore didn't have a great season in his rookie year, but what are expectations for him moving forward? Should I look to add him to pair up with Mahomes?
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, , J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, M Evans, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson,
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Skyy Moore

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:01 pm

I don't expect much. He has the opportunity and is worth the stash if the price is friendly, but I am guessing managers are trying to push and opportunity to add market value/cost.

Pantherbro13
Starter
Starter

Postby Pantherbro13 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:16 pm

I’m excited to see what he can do this year. My league can start up to 4 WRs each week and I plan on starting him as my 4th WR week 1. Toney is too unreliable. I think it’ll be obviously Kelce and then Moore being 2nd in targets.

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:56 pm

Mahomes seems to have matured to the point where he is not force feeding anyone outside of Kelce. He just hits the open guy (which is usually Kelce) which causes a lot of inconsistent numbers from Chiefs WRs. It’s easy to get excited about owning a piece of the Chiefs offense but then it sobers up during the season when you realize they are inconsistent week to week. Good for best ball, bad for lineup leagues.
16 TM / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 3 DL / 3 LB / 4 DB / 1 FX

QB: Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love, Michael Penix Jr, Kenny Pickett, Sean Clifford
RB: Raheem Mostert, Antonio Gibson, Jaylen Wright, Jeff Wilson
WR: Marvin Harrison Jr, Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson, Gabriel Davis, Wan'Dale Robinson, Darius Slayton
TE: Kyle Pitts, Mike Gesicki, Isaiah Likely, Cade Stover
DL: Montez Sweat, Gregory Rousseau, Ed Oliver, Da'Ron Payne
LB: Devin Lloyd, Christian Harris, Jack Gibbens, Mack Wilson, Jack Sanborn
DB: Antoine Winfield, Camryn Bynum, Jeremy Chinn, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Amani Hooker, Justin Simmons, Caden Sterns
2025 PICKS: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5
2026 PICKS: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:39 am

I am still fairly high on him. Rookie WR who didn't see much action due to vets ahead of him. Was slated to take JuJus role and now he has.

This offense is still Kelce >>>> but who knows, they could use a consistent 2nd option and why not Skyy? MVS is a deep threat at best, Toney always hurt, Watson/James are who they are and then Ross/Rice are unknowns at this point.

I'm not saying he's a lock for 1000 yards or 100 targets, but that's basically what JuJu did fairly quietly last year. If I had to bet on the WR1 in this offense in Targets/Yards, it would be Skyy. Mahomes is basically a lock for 4500 and 35 TD. There is a lot to go around in this offense with not much proven talent

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:40 am

Agree with Jigga. I think Moore is a screaming value. He had a pff grade of 70+, so despite his lack of production, he played well when given the chance....except as a return man. He has good hand, they are huge for his size, plus speed, good route running. The only thing he lacked last year was opportunity and now he has it. I think he has a WR2 ceiling and WR3 floor.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

Menace2010
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Menace2010 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:40 am

I was overly high on Moore last season and regret some of the moves I failed to make. If I could sell him for what I invested, I'd probably cash out. At his new price point, I'm doubling down. Agree with the above analysis on talent + new found opportunity.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:43 am

no real interest, didnt think he was a good prospect and that didnt change after year 1 as a pro. if he plays most snaps though i dont think he will be worse than a viable flex option.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:21 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:43 am no real interest, didnt think he was a good prospect and that didnt change after year 1 as a pro. if he plays most snaps though i dont think he will be worse than a viable flex option.
Off topic, but I don't know if there's someone on the board that I find myself on different sides of player valuations as much as you. Not a bad thing, good to see differing opinions or fantasy would suck.

On topic, I think he's as likely as any chiefs WR to hit. He's expected to fill Jujus role as of now and I think Skyy is as good as Juju was/is. I was probably too high drafting him as a rookie at the end of the 1st, but with his current prices I'd happily take a swing. He just went in the auction startup I did for $30 out of $2000 budget. At that price, the upside of being tied to Mahommes is enough for my continued gamble.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:24 am

He's likely to lead the WR's in targets, IMO. He was always a year 2 and beyond guy for me, coming from a small conference, and only playing WR since he started college. He is the best receiver out there, according to the Chiefs beat, and is a clear starter. He looks to play the slot a lot, so I'd expect a big jump this year.

Rice is thoroughly behind him, and Ross's hype is more that he's probably going to make the roster now, not that he's a starter. Skyy should have a value gain this year, and be a flex option.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

MajinMode
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby MajinMode » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:26 am

I think he is a victim of this immediate pay off mentality from the chase and Jefferson’s of the world. If you liked him as a prospect not much has changed except now he has a clear opportunity and a year under his belt.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:42 am

I'm becoming higher & higher on Moore the more I dig into it.

I didn't realize JuJu had 78/933/3 last year on 101 targets. And JuJu missed a full game and I believe was limited / left early in multiple other games. I firmly believe Moore has more ability this year than the banged up '22 version of JuJu. With Hardman also leaving and Kelce/McKinnon (who combined for 223 targets last year) yet another year older, there's some serious amount of potenetially available targets for the young receivers to earn.

Even if you weren't a big believer in Moore as a prospect, those targets have to go somewhere and it sure seems like Moore is going to have every opportunity to earn 100+ targets.

Not done with my final projections yet (and a lot will change as we see pre-season games play out), but I think I'm going to settle into a projection range of 75 / 950 / 5 on ~110 targets for Skyy.
10-team/.5 PPR Q RR WWW TE FF
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Coleman, AD Mitchell
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram

12-team PPR/SF/TEP (+1PPR) Q RR WW TE FFF SF
QB - J. Hurts / D. Prescott / J. Love / B. Nix
RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs
TE - M. Andrews / D. Kincaid