Jordan Addison Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Jordan Addison Thread

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:05 am

Never drafted him and he will be on my do not draft list now.

This kind of stupid doesn't mesh well with being a good football player.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:50 am

It's not the end of the world or some sort of career-ruining character flaw.

Athletes who have gotten speeding tickets: Kyle Busch 128 in a 45. Alex Ovechkin 165. Tyreke Evans "over 100". Lebron James 101. Adrian Peterson 109. Kareem Benzema 135. Aroldis Chapman 97.

This is the sort of normal stupid thing a lot of young men do, especially rich young men who can afford expensive sports cars. The vast majority of them don't ruin their lives because they drove a car above the speed limit.

On the other hand, do Addison owners really want him to become as successful in his sport as Ovechkin and Lebron? That would be tragic if he followed in their footsteps from young speedster to one of the greats of his era.

If anyone in any of my leagues thinks this is the end of Addison's career and wants to sell him cheap, message me!
Last edited by Anteaters on Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:54 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:05 am Never drafted him and he will be on my do not draft list now.

This kind of stupid doesn't mesh well with being a good football player.
It's pretty stupid, but there are really good players in the NFL who've done something similar or a lot worse. Obviously, just one of the downsides when a 21 year old can afford a Lambo in cash.

Still, not exactly how you want to start your career.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:02 am

I started this thread, I traded him almost immediately after this news. And it was for what most would consider a bad deal. I’m gonna say what it was I don’t need to be told I lost a ton of value, I know I did, it was addison for Mike Evans and WanDale Robinson 😂. Fact is I’m trying to win this year so I traded him for what I think is more of a win now piece and a younger player. Also call me dumb but i have a pet peeve about people who drive fast like that. I think it’s one of the most selfish things someone can do. So he’s gone, bye bye. I should’ve taken JSN. Whoops.

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:55 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:02 am I started this thread, I traded him almost immediately after this news. And it was for what most would consider a bad deal. I’m gonna say what it was I don’t need to be told I lost a ton of value, I know I did, it was addison for Mike Evans and WanDale Robinson 😂. Fact is I’m trying to win this year so I traded him for what I think is more of a win now piece and a younger player. Also call me dumb but i have a pet peeve about people who drive fast like that. I think it’s one of the most selfish things someone can do. So he’s gone, bye bye. I should’ve taken JSN. Whoops.
I don’t think you need me to tell you how bad I think you’re going to regret that in two years.

This kind of a reminds me of when the news initially broke on Tyreek and Watson and people were selling them for peanuts because they couldn’t stand the thought of them on their team. Now…their past transgressions barely get mentioned. Except in Addison’s case he was literally doing something we all do every day-speed. Not nearly to this extent, mind, but we all do it.

Until I see repeated behavior of him being a knucklehead I’m easily chalking this one up to a 21 year-old millionaire having a lapse of judgement in his sports car.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:59 am

This is poor judgment operating a vehicle at that speed at 3:00 am, but IMO it goes beyond that. He’s a high profile personality in a brand new community to him, and his new career starts in a couple of days. It really is incredibly poor decision making that goes beyond a young guy driving way too fast - which was something I was equally guilty of though it was a rural road in the middle of nowhere that was flat for miles. Never would have done it in the middle of the city.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:14 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:52 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:04 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:32 am That will not help his speed score
That’s a 0.58s 40.
Lol size still holds him back a bit in the equation, but that's good for a speed score of 305,748
and now add the lambo's 3500 pounds to the equation: GOAT!

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:09 am

About the only thing stopping this from being "the full Ruggs" is a whole lot of alcohol. (And the, uhhh... manslaughter charges)

For that small mercy, I am at least thankful - he wasn't under the influence. Moronic speed to get caught at, though.

With all that said... for goodness sake don't panic sell this guy. See a few snaps of football first. :wink:

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:28 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:59 am This is poor judgment operating a vehicle at that speed at 3:00 am, but IMO it goes beyond that. He’s a high profile personality in a brand new community to him, and his new career starts in a couple of days. It really is incredibly poor decision making that goes beyond a young guy driving way too fast - which was something I was equally guilty of though it was a rural road in the middle of nowhere that was flat for miles. Never would have done it in the middle of the city.
At least he chose 3:00am when there is less traffic :wtf:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:28 am

140 is very fast. It's super easy to lose control. I think I've only ever been up to 100, maybe 120 with my new Nissa Maxima on a long stretch of empty highway. 140 is FAST. Though I've never driven a Lambo so maybe it's not a big deal with a car like that.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:03 am

One time in band camp...

Edit: Nvm. Wrong thread.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:13 am

JoeJoe88 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:55 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:02 am I started this thread, I traded him almost immediately after this news. And it was for what most would consider a bad deal. I’m gonna say what it was I don’t need to be told I lost a ton of value, I know I did, it was addison for Mike Evans and WanDale Robinson 😂. Fact is I’m trying to win this year so I traded him for what I think is more of a win now piece and a younger player. Also call me dumb but i have a pet peeve about people who drive fast like that. I think it’s one of the most selfish things someone can do. So he’s gone, bye bye. I should’ve taken JSN. Whoops.
I don’t think you need me to tell you how bad I think you’re going to regret that in two years.

This kind of a reminds me of when the news initially broke on Tyreek and Watson and people were selling them for peanuts because they couldn’t stand the thought of them on their team. Now…their past transgressions barely get mentioned. Except in Addison’s case he was literally doing something we all do every day-speed. Not nearly to this extent, mind, but we all do it.

Until I see repeated behavior of him being a knucklehead I’m easily chalking this one up to a 21 year-old millionaire having a lapse of judgement in his sports car.
Watson’s transgressions hit back burner because he kind of sucked when he came back. Mixon might be a better example.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:19 am

The red flags are starting to build up. OK…taking an NIL, I get it…but in context it fits a picture. Continually hanging up on the Vikings when they called him to announce that they’re selecting him. This guy isn’t bright. Don’t confuse him with guys like Jefferson, Olave, ARSB, or Wilson. If this guy ends up being good…it’ll be in the mold of Tyreek, a dude that is just oozing with ability. I don’t think Addison has that athleticism. The “let’s get paid” statement…dumb, and again fitting pattern. Driving around 140 mph in a Lamborghini…again, dumb…immature. Fits a pattern
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:21 am

JoeJoe88 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:55 am
Except in Addison’s case he was literally doing something we all do every day-speed. Not nearly to this extent, mind, but we all do it.
You will not see a better false equivalence all week. I can guarantee it
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:49 pm

https://twitter.com/NFLRookieWatxh/stat ... _&ref_url=

haha, the dumbarse pulls over and stops in the fast lane. what person doesn't know to pull over to the kerb when you want to stop on the road?

never to draft list.

although it's comforting to know he wasn't speeding on a city/suburban road. on a freeway it's more understandable.