2023 Free Agency

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2023 Free Agency

Postby Ray Finkle » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:42 am

Sure seems as if Dalvin is about to land in the AFC East. Dalvin to Buffalo sounds awesome in real life football. Davin to NE or NYJ sounds awesome in fantasy football just for the sake of causing chaos.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:46 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:42 amSure seems as if Dalvin is about to land in the AFC East. Dalvin to Buffalo sounds awesome in real life football. Davin to NE or NYJ sounds awesome in fantasy football just for the sake of causing chaos.
If the cap can accomodate it, I don't see how Buffalo doesn't do this
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:55 pm

Joe Mixon took a $3m pay cut and will stay with the team this season. Lucky I never reached on Chase Brown. He was going way too early in drafts.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:15 am

Hopkins expected to sign with Titans. I’m not a Burks believer, but I don’t like that for him and Chig. Have a target monster now, and still have Henry. I’m sure they’ll still run a lot.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:20 am

frerichs5 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:15 am Hopkins expected to sign with Titans. I’m not a Burks believer, but I don’t like that for him and Chig. Have a target monster now, and still have Henry. I’m sure they’ll still run a lot.
I like it for Burks. He needs a vet to mentor him. He’s also not ready to face a teams CB1. Hopkins will draw coverage away from him.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:29 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:20 am
frerichs5 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:15 am Hopkins expected to sign with Titans. I’m not a Burks believer, but I don’t like that for him and Chig. Have a target monster now, and still have Henry. I’m sure they’ll still run a lot.
I like it for Burks. He needs a vet to mentor him. He’s also not ready to face a teams CB1. Hopkins will draw coverage away from him.
Good other side of the coin point there. Just a matter if he sees enough targets. Maybe helps him long term notes on than this year.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:04 pm

Titans had 151 targets open from last season with Woods and Hooper leaving. I don't think it really hurts Burks or Chig unless you were hoping they were just going to split those targets.

Both are still going to improve their targets noticeably next season from 4.9 and 2.7 respectively.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:53 pm

I think this affects Burks more than Chig. Chig wins on efficiency more than bulk anyway. In the end, I think that this will be a net positive for Burks because I don’t think he’s a WR1 right now
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:04 pm

I traded Treylon for Hollwood the day before Hopkins was released by Arizona. This has worked out beautifully on paper so far.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:41 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:04 pm
Titans had 151 targets open from last season with Woods and Hooper leaving. I don't think it really hurts Burks or Chig unless you were hoping they were just going to split those targets.

Both are still going to improve their targets noticeably next season from 4.9 and 2.7 respectively.
I’m not seeing how that’s a given. Hopkins could easily take on the overwhelming majority of those 151 targets, they seem to like Philips’ progress, and they've added Whyle and Spears in the draft. Unless you’re expecting TEN to throw appreciably more, I can see Burks and Okonkwo capped at or near where they were at last year.

If Hopkins misses games, then a bunch of targets ought to be up for grabs.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:18 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:41 pm
I’m not seeing how that’s a given. Hopkins could easily take on the overwhelming majority of those 151 targets, they seem to like Phillips’ progress, and they've added Whyle and Spears in the draft. Unless you’re expecting TEN to throw appreciably more, I can see Burks and Okonkwo capped at or near where they were at last year.

I'd take the over on Okonkwo averaging 2.7 targets next season as the top TE there. He's a full-time role next season after a 37% snap share last year. Hopkins will get his and will be a chain mover, but I don't expect Burks and Okonkwo to be capped either, especially when they'll be playing more and have better matchups with coverage shifting to Hopkins.

NWE, Phillips, and Whyle don't project to get much. I think Hopkins kills their chances and really solidifies where the ball filters.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:37 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:18 pm
I’m not seeing how that’s a given. Hopkins could easily take on the overwhelming majority of those 151 targets, they seem to like Phillips’ progress, and they've added Whyle and Spears in the draft. Unless you’re expecting TEN to throw appreciably more, I can see Burks and Okonkwo capped at or near where they were at last year.

I'd take the over on Okonkwo averaging 2.7 targets next season as the top TE there. He's a full-time role next season after a 37% snap share last year. Hopkins will get his and will be a chain mover, but I don't expect Burks and Okonkwo to be capped either, especially when they'll be playing more and have better matchups with coverage shifting to Hopkins.

NWE, Phillips, and Whyle don't project to get much. I think Hopkins kills their chances and really solidifies where the ball filters.
We’re going to have to agree to disagree. Okonkwo is a terrible blocker and I can see Whyle playing in-line (he’s already a better blocker right now between the two) and relegating Okonkwo to the move TE spot. That may be an advantage on a run-first team like TEN but it will still affect Okonkwo’s opportunities.

I also think you’re underestimating Philips, who was already a tough cover in the slot for the very limited chance he had and has apparently improved his body and play significantly (I know - OTAs, we’ll see but I still think you’re making a mistake by just discarding him).

Okonkwo looks to me like he’s slotted for more of a WR type role on the team than traditional TE responsibilities. If so, he’s going to be late to what is already a small trough on that team.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:55 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:37 pm

We’re going to have to agree to disagree. Okonkwo is a terrible blocker and I can see Whyle playing in-line (he’s already a better blocker right now between the two) and relegating Okonkwo to the move TE spot. That may be an advantage on a run-first team like TEN but it will still affect Okonkwo’s opportunities.

I also think you’re underestimating Philips, who was already a tough cover in the slot for the very limited chance he had and has apparently improved his body and play significantly (I know - OTAs, we’ll see but I still think you’re making a mistake by just discarding him).

Okonkwo looks to me like he’s slotted for more of a WR type role on the team than traditional TE responsibilities. If so, he’s going to be late to what is already a small trough on that team.
He’s arguably their best athlete. This is still a below average receiver corp…and Okonkwo was among the very few things that worked last season. He’s going to be involved.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:11 pm

j4pac wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:55 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 2:37 pm

He’s arguably their best athlete. This is still a below average receiver corp…and Okonkwo was among the very few things that worked last season. He’s going to be involved.
So you seeing him taking opportunities from Watkins and/or Burks? I get a feeling Okonkwo is being overvalued right now.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:35 pm

Okonkwo is overvalued. Significant target completion for a young tight end, with a lame duck QB. He did flash last year but hes one of many in the dart throw category