Which path for aging contender?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Stone2987
Starter
Starter

Which path for aging contender?

Postby Stone2987 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:11 pm

For team in sig, 10 team sf idp 0.5 ppr, 1.0 te prem.

Trying to determine my best path going forward. Back to back champ but would not say I have the definite best team, points for, and max points for would say I’m top 3, but playoff luck could’ve bounced me either year.

I’ve been in discussions with two teams for two very different routes. The worst team in the league is trying to move Tyreek and we are talking about a package like Deebo, Juju and a 2nd. I may have to add another receiver or pick but think that deal is possible.

The other option is trying to compete, but prepare for the future and I have talked about a deal with a mid tier team to get Aiyuk and 24 1st for Davante, Juju, 2.10 this year and my 24 2nd. Again I may need to add Jimmy g or another pick to get it done.

Or of course I could stand pat and run it back. I feel like with Tyreek I would become the favorite, but could be looking at a potential mess in a year or two with cmc, Adams and hill (not to mention zeke and Cook already looking done). I like the thought of moving Adams when I still can and I’m a fan of aiyuk. I know that’s a lot of info, any thoughts? I’m sure once I decide whichever package I choose will completely change but just want to get a few opinions on best path forward.
Team 1
10 team, sf, 0.5 ppr, te prem 1.0 ppr, idp
Start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 3 flex, 1 sf, 2 dl, 2 lb, 2 db, 1 idp flex
QB- Dak, Tua, Cousins, Minshew, Jimmy G
RB- CMC, Taylor, Achane, Zeke, Pierce, Mostert, Chandler, Ford
WR- Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Devonta, K Allen, Godwin, Lockett, Douglas, Z Jones
TE- LaPorta, Pitts
DL- Phillips, Burns, Buckner, Thibs
LB- Luvu, E.Jones, Warner Pace
DB- Hamilton, Metellus Hufanga, Bates, Branch
League started in 2020
2020 7th
2021 Champ
2022 Champ
2023 Champ
2024 picks 3.10 and 5.10

Team 2
12 team, SF, 0.5 ppr, 1.0 te prem, idp
Qb - Lamar, Kyler Jacoby
Rb - Achane, KWalk Swift, Estime, Irving Foreman, Mattison
Wr - Wilson, AJB, London, JSN Downs, Polk, R Wilson, Mims, Shaheed, McMillan, Palmer, Douglas
Te - Pitts, Goedert Bowers, Fant, All, Wiley
Dl - Gary, Greenard Latu, Mafe, Karlaftis
Lb - Luvu, Milano, Wilson Jamin
Db - Hamilton, Brisker Curl, Sainristil

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Which path with aging contender?

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:18 pm

Based on your build, if you want to make another run, I would focus on a deal around getting another solid RB versus adding another WR to your core. As for the deals, I think you come out ahead on the Hill deal based on the 10 team format. For the Adams deal, I sure would not be adding the 2nds on your side. I don't think the value is great in that deal for you with both 2nds added.

If you go all in, I would look for an RB over the Hill deal to see what your options are. Outside of your top two, I think you are in rough shape outside of the names.

Stone2987
Starter
Starter

Postby Stone2987 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:33 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:18 pm Based on your build, if you want to make another run, I would focus on a deal around getting another solid RB versus adding another WR to your core. As for the deals, I think you come out ahead on the Hill deal based on the 10 team format. For the Adams deal, I sure would not be adding the 2nds on your side. I don't think the value is great in that deal for you with both 2nds added.

If you go all in, I would look for an RB over the Hill deal to see what your options are. Outside of your top two, I think you are in rough shape outside of the names.
I agree my RBs need help, they’re just very hard to trade for in this league and with the 2rb, 3wr, 3flex starting requirements, you can really load up on one position and not get burned too badly. Thanks for your feedback, I agree the 2nds may not be necessary but the guy has Kyler and had Tom Brady, his only starting qb right now is Pickett so there is a decent chance his team plummets this year making that 24 1st fairly high. I had talked to another owner about a Deebo for Najee straight up kinda deal, maybe I should pursue that, just don’t love Najee.
Team 1
10 team, sf, 0.5 ppr, te prem 1.0 ppr, idp
Start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 3 flex, 1 sf, 2 dl, 2 lb, 2 db, 1 idp flex
QB- Dak, Tua, Cousins, Minshew, Jimmy G
RB- CMC, Taylor, Achane, Zeke, Pierce, Mostert, Chandler, Ford
WR- Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Devonta, K Allen, Godwin, Lockett, Douglas, Z Jones
TE- LaPorta, Pitts
DL- Phillips, Burns, Buckner, Thibs
LB- Luvu, E.Jones, Warner Pace
DB- Hamilton, Metellus Hufanga, Bates, Branch
League started in 2020
2020 7th
2021 Champ
2022 Champ
2023 Champ
2024 picks 3.10 and 5.10

Team 2
12 team, SF, 0.5 ppr, 1.0 te prem, idp
Qb - Lamar, Kyler Jacoby
Rb - Achane, KWalk Swift, Estime, Irving Foreman, Mattison
Wr - Wilson, AJB, London, JSN Downs, Polk, R Wilson, Mims, Shaheed, McMillan, Palmer, Douglas
Te - Pitts, Goedert Bowers, Fant, All, Wiley
Dl - Gary, Greenard Latu, Mafe, Karlaftis
Lb - Luvu, Milano, Wilson Jamin
Db - Hamilton, Brisker Curl, Sainristil

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:21 pm

Stone2987 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:33 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:18 pm Based on your build, if you want to make another run, I would focus on a deal around getting another solid RB versus adding another WR to your core. As for the deals, I think you come out ahead on the Hill deal based on the 10 team format. For the Adams deal, I sure would not be adding the 2nds on your side. I don't think the value is great in that deal for you with both 2nds added.

I agree my RBs need help, they’re just very hard to trade for in this league and with the 2rb, 3wr, 3flex starting requirements, you can really load up on one position and not get burned too badly. Thanks for your feedback, I agree the 2nds may not be necessary but the guy has Kyler and had Tom Brady, his only starting qb right now is Pickett so there is a decent chance his team plummets this year making that 24 1st fairly high. I had talked to another owner about a Deebo for Najee straight up kinda deal, maybe I should pursue that, just don’t love Najee.
Najee would be a good option...EDB (every down back)
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:51 pm

TheTroll wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:21 pm
Stone2987 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:33 pm

Najee would be a good option...EDB (every down back)
Completely agree.

The roster has good WR depth. Even when flexing out those WRs, McLaurin could be on the bench. Deebo, Godwin, McLaurin, Juju, Toney are all expendable values to address the RB need. If you can get both Tyreek and Najee by dealing from that depth, I'd do that.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def