Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kendre Miller Thread

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:29 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:10 am
Ray Finkle wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:21 am
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:37 am

I will say I was debating Flowers since team needs WR more than RB. But Kendre is that guy I'm not leaving my draft without
Selfish question here as I will be making a decision between the two…for you, how much does situation influence Miller over Charbonet? Or do you honestly like the player better?
I took Kendre over him everywhere, myself. Kendre got day 2 capital as an underclassmen, Charbs had to return to school as a senior to get that. Like both players, but I think Kendre is the better player, in the better situation. He's more explosive, and he can catch, usage in college was the only reason people think Charbonnet is a better receiver, Kendre has good hands.
Agree on the hands

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:36 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:53 amJust took him over Flowers, Kincaid and Charbonnet
Kincaid and Charbonnet I understand, but to me Flowers is at worst in the same tier as Miller. I always take the WR when this happens.

I'll predict that you'll regret this decision, but for your sake I hope I'm wrong.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:53 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:29 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:10 am
Ray Finkle wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:21 am

Selfish question here as I will be making a decision between the two…for you, how much does situation influence Miller over Charbonet? Or do you honestly like the player better?
I took Kendre over him everywhere, myself. Kendre got day 2 capital as an underclassmen, Charbs had to return to school as a senior to get that. Like both players, but I think Kendre is the better player, in the better situation. He's more explosive, and he can catch, usage in college was the only reason people think Charbonnet is a better receiver, Kendre has good hands.
Agree on the hands
As do I. He’s got a legit 3 down skill set.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:10 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:36 am
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:53 amJust took him over Flowers, Kincaid and Charbonnet
Kincaid and Charbonnet I understand, but to me Flowers is at worst in the same tier as Miller. I always take the WR when this happens.

I'll predict that you'll regret this decision, but for your sake I hope I'm wrong.
Flowers was tough to leave behind. Round 1 WR vs Round 3 RB. I get that. I think I'll try and buy low on Flowers mid-season or next offseason.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:06 pm

Kamara pleaded no contest to his misdemeanor charge in order to have the felony charge dropped. So essentially...Choo choo Kendre!

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:15 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:06 pm Kamara pleaded no contest to his misdemeanor charge in order to have the felony charge dropped. So essentially...Choo choo Kendre!
Eh. No gambling, no weed, no problem

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:30 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:06 pm Kamara pleaded no contest to his misdemeanor charge in order to have the felony charge dropped. So essentially...Choo choo Kendre!
I’ll laugh pretty hard if Eno Benjamin holds things down while Kamara is out.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:29 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:30 pm
Gross

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:46 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:29 pm
Gross
In all seriousness, I don't know why we're discounting the ultimate backfield killer in Jamaal Williams.

He put Swift to the sword last year. No reason not to think Kendre is next; especially with the rumours that he's shown up in poor shape conditioning-wise.

Jamaal is the perfect unspectacular consummate professional that coaches love. Runs tough, gets 3-6 yards and no more. Perfect, play him more.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:01 pm

mild wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:46 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:29 pm

Gross
In all seriousness, I don't know why we're discounting the ultimate backfield killer in Jamaal Williams.

He put Swift to the sword last year. No reason not to think Kendre is next; especially with the rumours that he's shown up in poor shape conditioning-wise.

Jamaal is the perfect unspectacular consummate professional that coaches love. Runs tough, gets 3-6 yards and no more. Perfect, play him more.
Do you have a link connecting Miller to being in poor condition? Last I saw he was finishing his recovery from his MCL injury and is expected to be a full go once TC opens.

If healthy, Miller offers more to that offense than Williams does, and I do agree with you that Williams is a guy that NFL coaches love.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:05 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:01 pm Do you have a link connecting Miller to being in poor condition? Last I saw he was finishing his recovery from his MCL injury and is expected to be a full go once TC opens.

If healthy, Miller offers more to that offense than Williams does, and I do agree with you that Williams is a guy that NFL coaches love.
Sure thing, it was mentioned today by Evan Silva on their latest ETR podcast. Saints talk timestamp 7:28.

"Showed up to the offseason a little out of shape" was the line, and that appears to be coming via Silva talking with Underhill.

But it should also be noticed that Silva is making a bear case for him here all the same - he's aggressively above-market on all the Saints RB's current ADP's, and also thinks that there's still plenty of time for Kendre to get on track for camp. I agree that the MCL and this "out of shape" situation are obviously one-and-the-same.

This was just the first time I'd heard it framed as a negative, that's all - perhaps like they'd expected him to be further along in his rehab by this point of the year. It's certainly one to watch... it's a fascinating mess of a backfield right now.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:36 pm

mild wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:05 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:01 pm Do you have a link connecting Miller to being in poor condition? Last I saw he was finishing his recovery from his MCL injury and is expected to be a full go once TC opens.

Sure thing, it was mentioned today by Evan Silva on their latest ETR podcast. Saints talk timestamp 7:28.

"Showed up to the offseason a little out of shape" was the line, and that appears to be coming via Silva talking with Underhill.

But it should also be noticed that Silva is making a bear case for him here all the same - he's aggressively above-market on all the Saints RB's current ADP's, and also thinks that there's still plenty of time for Kendre to get on track for camp. I agree that the MCL and this "out of shape" situation are obviously one-and-the-same.

This was just the first time I'd heard it framed as a negative, that's all - perhaps like they'd expected him to be further along in his rehab by this point of the year. It's certainly one to watch... it's a fascinating mess of a backfield right now.
Thanks. Nice explanation.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:06 pm

According to Katherine Terrell, RB coach Joel Thomas expects Miller will be a full participant for training camp.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:33 am

Jammal Williams is a short yardage back even when he's trying to go long. That will be his role.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:57 am

Not only do the Saints have Williams…they also have Taysom who will steal at least 5 TDs. Miller has to outplay Kamara, Williams, Taysom, and Eno Benjamin. The path to success is not much more clean than Achane.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave